Author Topic: Yliakum fables  (Read 4307 times)

Cyl

• Hydlaa Notable
  • *Ninja Poof*
    • View Profile
Yliakum fables
« on: May 09, 2005, 10:50:51 am »
I thought of collecting Yliakean fairy tales, fables and so on. So if you know a nice little story to tell children, then please post them.

My two contributions are not totally original, but anyways:

About the lord of the ulbernauts.

Two men, one a liar the other speaking truth, came to the ulbernauts.
The hugest of them asked the liar, \"Who am I?\" The liar replied \"You are the lord\"
Then the huge ulbernaut asked the liar again, \"And who are those others, you see\"  The liar replied again, \"They are your soldiers\"
The the ulbernauts gave him a present.
Then the huge ulbernaut asked the truthfull one, \"Who am I? And who are the others you see.\"
On which the truthfull person replied, \"You all are monsters.\"
Then the huge ulbernaut ordered the others to kill the man with their claws.

The king of the trepors.

For a long time a group of trepors have lived without any ruler. They said that they needed one, because they would be safer.
So they went to Talad.
\"Talad, please give us a king.\"
Talad however asked, \"Why do you need a king?\"
\"Because we would be safer\", they replied.
So Talad reached out for a tree, ripped it out of the ground and gave it to the trepors, \"This shall be your king!\"
The trepors brought their king to their breeding area.
Suddenly a young trepor popped out and bit into their king, \"He does not do anything, and he does not speak anything\"
So they went back to Talad and asked for another king.
\"You have already a king, you dont need another.\"
But they insisted and said that their king was not doing enough.
\"So shall it be, I will send you a new king.\"
And he send them the most fearsome ulbernaut of all, who mercylessly hunted the whole tribe down.
MMORPG - Many Men Online Role Playing Girls

Moogie

• Forum Legend
  • Artist/Flash Animator
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2005, 07:53:47 pm »
Got any that do not involve brutal murder? I\'d never tell my kittens those stories! ;(

(But they\'re good :) they sound like they have a moral to them, but I can\'t figure out what lesson they\'re teaching.)

Under the moon

• Forum Addict
  • Writer extraordinaire.
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2005, 11:19:29 pm »
Hmmmm.....a little grim there Cyl. Perhaps I will put my ink to this thread if I have a spare moment. Though I have never attempted a children\'s tale before. But Moogie needs something to tell her (future?) kittens. ;)

For now, I will ask Lyistra to post a cute little tale of the moon here, from the RP thread \'Songs echoing\'.

Cyl

• Hydlaa Notable
  • *Ninja Poof*
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2005, 06:53:40 am »
Originally posted by Moogie
Got any that do not involve brutal murder? I\'d never tell my kittens those stories! ;(

(But they\'re good :) they sound like they have a moral to them, but I can\'t figure out what lesson they\'re teaching.)

Seperot will show them enough brutal murder anyways, but well. About the moral of the first one, it\'s mainly that people sometimes dont like what they hear, even if it is true.

The second one means that you should be satisfied with what he got, and that always wanting more wont make you happy

MaidenIndigo

• Hydlaa Citizen
  • 藍子
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2005, 09:23:16 am »
Originally posted by Cyl
The second one means that you should be satisfied with what he got, and that always wanting more wont make you happy
\"Be careful what you wish for...\" :rolleyes:

The Ogre, The Kran, And The Pterosaur

[font=\"Veranda\"]Long ago on the surface, there were three beings: one had the shape of an ogre, another had the shape of a pterosaur, the last one had the shape of a Kran.  The ogre and the Kran were friendly with one another and enjoyed each others\' company.  The pterosaur was jealous of their friendship, so it always mocked the ogre and Kran because they could not fly.

\"Ha!  You two are stuck down there, but I could touch the farthest stars if I wanted to!\" screeched the pterosaur.

The two ground-dwellers paid no attention to the pterosaur, for they were busy constructing a shelter to protect them from the severe rains that were approaching.  This frustrated the pterosaur even more, so it became louder and more boastful.

\"You need a roof over your heads?  I could fly around in the worst of storms and the coldest of nights!\" the pterosaur shouted as he darted back and forth across the sky.

The ogre looked toward the Kran and asked whether the pterosaur knew of the Great Storm that was nearing.  The Kran shook its head and continued building the shelter.  They worked for several days, all the while harassed by the mouthy pterosaur.

Finally, after five days of work, their shelter was completed.  On this fifth day, dark clouds began gathering over the land, blotting out the sun.  Low rumbling sounds could be heard in the distance.

\"Look,\" cried the pterosaur, \"I\'ll show you why my wings are magnificent!\"  And with that he flew off to chase the distant rumblings.  The Kran and the ogre stayed in their shelter, knowing that the rainy season was the worst time to be outside.  Secretly they hoped that the storm would force the pterosaur into silence.

Already kilometers away, the pterosaur flew into the thunder storm.  It chuckled to itself, impressed with how he showed off his talents to the ground-dwellers.  In a few minutes, it realized that it could not tell were it was.  In the clouds, everything looked the same.  It flew and flew and flew some more, but could not find where it was.  It was too proud to land and rest, so it continued flying farther.  After hours of flying in the rain, its wings were too tired to allow him to fly any further and he fell from the clouds like a stone.

Several days later the storm eased, allowing the Kran and the ogre to gather food.  On the way, they saw the pterosaur on the ground nursing a broken wing.  Even though it had tormented them so much in the past, the ogre and Kran offered to help it.  The pterosaur, still full of pride and piety, turned down their offer.  Out of pity, the Kran gave the pterosaur some food before returning to the shelter.

Slowly, the pterosaur\'s will weakened and it ate the food from the Kran.  Hearing more thunder in the distance, the pterosaur panicked and followed the path the Kran took.  Since its legs were short and weak, it had difficulty walking the same path.  The storm grew nearer and the pterosaur\'s legs grew wearier.  By the time the pterosaur could see the shelter of the ogre and Kran, the storm was at full strength.  Unable to walk any farther, the pterosaur tried yelling to the two ground-dwellers in their shelter.  Neither could hear the pterosaur over the thunder and pounding rain.

Several hours later, the pterosaur perished from sheer exhaustion, regretting how much its pride had hurt it.

When the storm eased again, the Kran and ogre ventured out to find more food.  Both saw the body of the pterosaur on the path, lifeless and silent.  The Kran and ogre carried the body to the nearest outcrop of rocks and threw it as far as they could, since they did not want to leave the body so close to their dwelling.

The pterosaur fell like a stone onto the rocks and the Kran and ogre quietly went on with their business.

The End
[/font]

The Brothers Grimm tales were always sort of violent, but they taught a lesson.  You can\'t have a moral without one party in the story facing a punishment.

Cyl

• Hydlaa Notable
  • *Ninja Poof*
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2005, 10:00:31 am »
nice. I really like it.

Pestilence

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2005, 05:31:32 pm »
Good one indeed :)

I like it :)

Under the moon

• Forum Addict
  • Writer extraordinaire.
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2005, 12:06:34 am »
:D You set the bar high, Indi. Very nice. But not all morals come with a punishment.

steuben

• Veteran
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
(No subject)
« Reply #8 on: May 11, 2005, 12:09:32 pm »
let\'s see what i can carve up for this.

long ago a king decided to wage war on the neighbouring kingdoms. to prepare for this he called all the smiths of the kingdom before him.

\"i need you to make me swords and armour,\" he said to them. \"for them you shall be well paid.\"

all the smiths except one agreed to this. the king allowed the refusal of this last smith.

\"i have so many smiths agreeing,\" he thinks. \"what value is there is one more.\"

so the smiths returned to their forges. vast numbers of weapons and armour were produced. but, the last smith still continued to produce the tools of everyday life. but, opinion turned against the smith.

\"why don\'t you support the king,\" people ask him.

soon the smith was imprisoned. he was thrown in the deepest darkest dungeon in the castle. there he was left to waste away or change his mind.

when the sons had become grown, the wars ended. but a famine began to sweep through the lands. the yliak of the city complained of the laziness of the farmers, the yliak of fields complained of the appetites of the city. the looked at the situation. the tools of farming had begun to fail. he called the smiths before him.

\"why don\'t you repair the tools,\" he asked them.

\"we don\'t know how. we only learned to make swords,\" they respond.

\"why don\'t you make new tools?\"

\"we don\'t know how. we only learned to make armour.\"

with this the king despaired. he sent a petition to the gods.

\"send my yliaki who knows the skills that we need,\" he asked of them.

\"but why,\" they respond. \"you have such a yliak. search your dungeons.\"

there in the dungeon they found the smith. he was weak and blind from the long years of the dark and poor food.

\"show us,\" the asked of him.

\"i cannot, for my arms have no strength to lift the hammer,\" he responded.

\"teach us.\"

\"i cannot, for my eyes have no sight to see your mistakes.\"

with that the smiths despaired. the famine continued its way through the lands. their greed and lust for glory had destroyed the land.

-------------
You set the bar high, Indi.

setting the bar high makes it easier to limbo. 8)
« Last Edit: May 11, 2005, 12:10:24 pm by steuben »
may laanx frighten the shadow from my path.
hardly because the shadow built the lexx.
the shadow will frighten laanx from my path.

MaidenIndigo

• Hydlaa Citizen
  • 藍子
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #9 on: May 12, 2005, 04:03:30 pm »
I liked yours, steuben.  It would\'ve been nice if the master smithy could have regained some of his former ability, though. :(  /me gets depressed from reading everyone\'s tales

I\'m flattered you folks liked mine.  I thought it seemed a bit too much like Aesop\'s \"The Ant And The Grasshopper\" even though it focused on the pterosaur being pompous jerk instead of a lazy....  I guess I can come up with another one later...

There is no main religion in Planeshift, so it is a bit difficult writing about piety and sinless living which is what most of Grimms\' tales focused on.

~Indi

Cyl

• Hydlaa Notable
  • *Ninja Poof*
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #10 on: May 13, 2005, 07:23:33 am »
Still my stories are just rip offs of other peoples work, but well

The trepor and the tefusang

Once upon a time there were a trepor and a tefusang standing in a valley. They both were aguring. Each of the animals was saying that the other one was the ugliest, while itself was the most beautiful of all creatures.

They agured and agured, shouted and shouted. When a dwarven monk passed by.

\"What do you strive over?\", he asked.

\"This ugly creature persists that it is the most beautiful of all.\", the tefusang said.

\"I am right, you are just lying by saing that I am ugly, so that you drag the attention away from your ugliness.\"

So they went on, each swearing at the other. The dwarf spinned and said \"You two are the ugliest creatures in the world\" then he walked off.

Now you finally have a story you can tell your kitties, moogie.

Under the moon

• Forum Addict
  • Writer extraordinaire.
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #11 on: May 16, 2005, 03:49:38 am »
Once, in a land of dreams, where the sky stood open above grass of green, there was a girl. Not just any girl, but a girl who believed in dreams. Not just any dreams, but the kind that came true. The kind that whisked you away and gave you all you ever wished for. This is her dream.

Now you know that the grass was green, and the sky open, but you may not have known that this girl rested on that grass, under that open sky. For she was very still. So still in fact, that you may not have even noticed her at all. If not for the song she sang. A happy song. A song about green grass, and open skies, and a girl who rested very still. But there was two differences between the girl who sang and the girl in her song. Though they both rested on the green grass under the open sky, the girl in the song did not sing.

Why is this? There is but one answer. Because the girl in the song did not need to sing a happy song. For she was happy. That is the second difference. The girl who sang was not happy. In fact, she was sad. Not sad because she had a bad life, for her life was quite good. Nor sad because she was in ill health, for her health was quite good as well. No, indeed, there was nothing wrong with her life whatsoever.

But there was a reason for the still, sad girl to sing a happy song on the green grass under the open sky about a happy, still girl not singing a happy song on the green grass under the open sky. That reason, the reason you wish to know, is that the singing, sad girl wished to be the not singing happy girl she sang about. This was indeed a problem. For not only is that hard to say, but the girl in her songs was not real, no matter how happy she seemed. And that made her more sad.

Written as you would tell to a kitten. To be titled and continued. ;)
« Last Edit: May 16, 2005, 04:08:24 am by Under the moon »

eternal noob

• Wayfarer
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #12 on: May 30, 2005, 05:38:23 pm »
ok i liked all the previous posts and fables now let the noob give it a try

While none knows the actual methods of how the races where created the Klyros have a myth of their creation. When the world was still young their was a mighty and bold hawk that searched the planet for a mate. On these travels many animals would show themselves to him hoping to impress him. But they never impressed the hawk and he went on searching. One day he rested his magnificient wings near a pond and he took a drink. While he took a drink he saw a beautiful fish. Now this fish did not try to impress him as everyone else had. They began to talk about all sorts of things. The more he looked at her the more he began to love her. His search was finally over. For many weeks after that everyday he would come back to the pond and talk to her. One day he admitted his love of her and ended up having a child. The child had the wings and claws of the hawk and the head and color of the fish. When this being grew up he went on the same quest as his father only this time he fell in love with a wolf. They had a litter of children as well. They also had the wings of a hawk, the face and color of a fish, but they also had the claws of a wolf,and its night vision. This was the first group of Klyros

Bonamera

Re: Yliakum fables
« Reply #13 on: October 05, 2006, 04:00:28 am »
Here is my first atempt to write a story, not a fable but I didn't find any other thread to fit.

Legend of the crystal weapons

Once upon a time, when Laanx was still beautiful and Yliakum was nothing but a huge empty cave, in another world there was a powerful mage. His people were at war with rogues and he grew old seeing the cities burning and citadels fall one after another. The smiths were trying their best to craft good weapons for the warriors and they casted iron into swords and axes but no good, they broke too fast and didn't inflict much damage and the war lasted for many years. Every summer the lands were echoing with war cries and every winter the sound of the hammers on the anvil filled the cities. The mage was sad to see his people suffering so he went to the king and asked him to start a journey and find a way to make weapons stronger so they could defeat the enemy. The king allowed him to do so and gave him all he needed for the trip, then the great mages at the castle gave him a scroll so he can return right back to the palace when he would of find the solution.
So he left to search the world for a new power and one day he found an open portal. He didn't think twice and stepped inside, feeling the magic that kept it open was not evil, and next instant he found himself in a huge cave where an azure crystal was hanging from the ceiling. His hope grew stronger as he knew he was close to what he was searching for. And he was right. Fearing the unknown he put his cloak on to conceal himself from anyone's sight and he walked away leaving nothing but a shadow on the ground.
At last he reached a stone citadel where three people were talking together.
-- How long do we have to wait, said a tall strong man with dark skin and curled black hair.
-- Be patient my beloved, there are great distances one must pass to get here and people must pass through the portals by their free will, there is nothing we can do now, said the woman beside him.
The third man, old and gray looked at them and said nothing. The young man walked away and sat on a rock near the river that was flowing with great speed, crushing against the rocks and splitting its waves in rainbow colored drips.
-- Is there another way to create life, master? the woman asked.
-- Yes, you could create life yourself, but it takes a long time to learn how to direct the power of the crystal into living beings.
-- I would gladly spend my time learning this skill, I don't like to see him so sad...
-- Very well then. Every morning from now on you shall come to my tower and there I will teach you.
The mage though this is a great opportunity for him to learn how to use the power of the azure crystal too, so every morning he sneaked inside the tower and payed close attention to what the old man said. He didn't intend to create new life, but the lessons helped him understand how to trap the energy into crystals for later use. So he dig for white red and green crystals and stored the azure energy within. Then he worked on a spell and tested it on his dagger, and the weapon shined with new power and become lighter. So he wrote it on the few sheets of paper he brought with him, making scrolls that anyone could use and used the scroll to return to the castle and help his people.
The king was happy and at once he ordered to the scribes to make many copies of the spell and to the blacksmiths to craft good swords and axes to be imbued with the power of the azure crystal. So they did and they won the war, but the power stored didn't last forever so the scrolls were useless. Still the imbued weapons didn't break and the rogues didn't dare to cause trouble again.
Time passed like a dream and many things changed, war found another land to unleash its rage and some say they found small scripts written in strange tongue that disappeared as soon as they were put beside a weapon.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2006, 04:04:35 am by Bonamera »

Haanz

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
    • Ghi'am-Ko
Re: Yliakum fables
« Reply #14 on: October 05, 2006, 05:23:53 am »
heeeyyy!! This are all really good!! Now, I don't know many fables from Yliakum, however I could recite some old gypsy tales passed told to the younger VonFranz family members?..
the Teakettle...