Author Topic: Yliakum fables  (Read 4306 times)

Cyl

• Hydlaa Notable
  • *Ninja Poof*
    • View Profile
Re: Yliakum fables
« Reply #15 on: October 05, 2006, 10:34:59 am »
heeeyyy!! This are all really good!! Now, I don't know many fables from Yliakum, however I could recite some old gypsy tales passed told to the younger VonFranz family members?..

You are invited to do so :D
MMORPG - Many Men Online Role Playing Girls

Mariana

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 18, 2006, 03:48:20 am »
 [ no name yet, there is place for improvement, anyone willing to help is welcome ]

It is hard to say from and where to the rivers of Yliakum are flowing, but the water is clear and the sides are covered with green grass. They provide fish and the ones with slower course are roads without dust for merchants and travelers. But nothing compares with a cool bath in a torrid summer day. One day a ynnwn boy went swimming with his cousins. They had fun jumping and yelling and in the afternoon they go tired and were thinking about going back home when they saw smoke in the distance. Who in his right minds would make the fire on such heat?! So they went to see what was there. They didn't had to walk long and they got to a hut with broken windows, almost in ruin. An old dwarf was running around the house mumbling strange words and holding out his hands towards the walls, throwing twirls of snow over the burning wood. They supposed he is a magician and it would be better not to bother him, but just when they were about to turn the old man saw them and shouted:
-Freeze!
A chill ran back their spine and no matter how hard they tried they couldn't take a step.
-Little devils! What are you doing here! Spying on me! Did you mix my powders?! 
-No no no!
-Don't you lie on me you dermorian intruders!
-We are not dermorians and we are sorry to disturb you, we saw smoke and we were curious...
The old man got closer and took a good look at the kids. The ynnwn boys were about 12 but they were tall and his poor eye sight deceived him to think they were adults. Here shuffled one kid's hair and felt the little horns and then he whispered some strange words again and the kids were free to move again.
-Well. There's nothing to see for you. Off you go!
They didn't wait for him to say twice and they run home at full speed. They were a little scared but they were fine and after a good meal they went to bed.
The boy was still curious about the strange man and he asked his grandmother about him.
At first she didn't believe they actually met the old mage, but then she said people age differently on this lands and she told them a story.
Long time ago a great plague came upon the city and the people didn't find a cure. This is when a dwarf mage showed up out of nowhere. He was a very good alchemist and he managed to save many lives. People all over Yliakum came to him to take the cure for their children and he didn't ask for anything in return. All they had to do was to return after the children get better and plant a tree in front of his house. This way a small forest grew over time and his house remained there, strangely placed with the door facing the woods and the back to the river.

jaycol

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
    • http://salonatest.sa.funpic.de/CoD_banner1.jpg
« Reply #17 on: October 21, 2008, 08:17:29 pm »
Nice!

I hope ye'all don't mind if I add in. I been itching ta tell a tale for a spell now. So? If yah bend an ear dis here way, I'll give it a going to.

Lady Grey

"Now, I not be sayin' ta ye that this is the way it happened."
     Jaycol started.
"Nor, will I be tellin' yah That this be the truth of it."
      He said in all sincerity, the expression clear on his face. Shaking a finger in the air for caution. He tilted his head slightly to the right. Then
looking upon his gathered audience in such a fashion that dared them to believe what he was about to say.

" I only be telling ye this as I  heard it,  So?"  He shrugs.  "It may be true. Some say it is...., and they swears by it. But!... the story be told many times over 'fore it
ever reached these ol' ears. Jaycol said.

His face transgressing through an awry of expressions, bobbing his head to give animation to his every word. He presented himself in a manner of
seriousness. Yet, the playful gleam of his eyes and a slight twist of a grin showed he was toying with his audience as well. A trait that clearly
displayed his skill at spinning tales.

"Now, ... as I recall?"
      He began questioningly. Pausing, to roll his eyes in pretended thought. His hand slowly caressing his beard as he waited for a stir of impatience
from  among the listeners. Finally, after a few moments he noticed the reaction he was baiting for. With a loud bellow he began again.

"Ahhh! Yes,  Now I recall."
       His tone becoming stern as he finished the sentence. The look on his face scolding, demanding the attention of his unwary victim. Satisfied at his
success he quickly reverted his manner back to that of a playful story teller, and he began his tale:

Some say it was long ago, but,... not so long ago that it was forgotten. It was a time when the peoples were new coming to the lands of Ylliakum. When
the Kraa and the Lemurs had been settled. The Ten Towns of Kadaikos thrived in population and commerce. They learned the way of the sea to improve their
wealth and culture.  Reaching out upon it's shores.  Sea travel had become a trade that invited the young in search of adventure and fortune. Many found
themselves embarking into a life of wonder and peril as they left the safe shelter of civilization.  For many,  that life of wonder and wealth was to be short and
tragic.

Jaycol pauses for a moment, lowering his head to help set the mood of his tale. Carefully, judging the silence. He clears his throat quickly as he looks
up. Meeting the eyes of his audience, he continues...

The crystal's light reflected off the many particles and minerals that made up the ceiling of the great cavern. It gave an appearance similar to that
of the stars and worlds that can be seen at times in the skies of the outer levels. There were seven great gems or that arched in a slight curve. The scale
of each dramatically reduced from large to small in such a way that it appeared as brow in the sky. A formation that the sailors called "The Eye of Laanx."
It's fixed position allowed for easier navigation upon the sea. The illumination that was cast from them produced a eerie form of moonlight on most nights.
With each new season and turning point of the year. Their color was said to change as the angle of light that came from the crystal differed slightly.

So it was, that one night the moonlight reached out upon the world. Watching, or maybe seeking, reaching it's tentacles of light across the vast
darkness. When it seen it's own reflection in the tear's of a young Lemur maiden. Puzzled, it reached out further, piercing an open window.  Illuminating the room  where the girl laid. It surrounded her with it's light. Which sparkled from the folds of linen and the brightness of her hair. Such beauty is rare,  it thought to itself. Even among the Lemur folk this girl was stunning. Her lithe form paler then most enhanced by the dim rays of lunar glow. It was her magnificent eyes that marveled it's attention. So wet with moisture from her sadness. So much torment and so much pain.

The moonlight watched the crying girl, studying this behavior that it found so strange. It caressed her heaving form  as it rocked from stifled sobs.
It could sense no injuries, and therefore could not understand her pain.

The girl looked up for a moment, turning towards the window. The moonlight seen it's reflection there so clear, so bright. It reached out further, past
it's reflection entering into the  inner being of the girl. Shock! Pain. It was something it never had experienced before. It was overwhelming. It was sadden
by what it found. Feeling remorse for her pain it summoned all the power of it's existence, and that which it could from the crystal. It took the girl from
the physical world into it's own. Becoming one presence, one being. But even it's power was limited against her broken heart. At times it released her spirit
out of pity, and at other times when it's powers waned from the changing turns of season her spirit could visit the physical plane for a time. It was so in
the dawn of day when she comes most. Her form only visible through the wetness of the morning mist.

" Moonlight gleamed across the darkened sky
      Reflecting from the tears of a young maids eyes
      It danced among the sway of laced curtain
      Moving slightly to a gentle breeze"

"With it's lunar grace it surrounded her
      Sharing the pale beauty of each other's form
      It rejoiced in the company of one so fair
      Enlightened by the moment they were joined"

"Reaching beyond the mirror of it's own being
      It learned of the passions of life
      Within an act of pity for her pain
      It absorbed her into it's light"

As they have many times before. A young couple embraces at the pier, kissing each other passionately. With each passing moment they tightened their
arms about each other. Afraid and unwilling to let go. Making every second of their time together precious. Hoping, in some way to make it last forever.
Sadness shows in their eyes as they part. The call from the first mate loudly calling all to board. Sighing, they part in hesitation, their hands holding on to the very tips of their fingers. She sighs in reluctant surrender as he turns to pick up his gear. With a last quick kiss he turns to hurry aboard ship. She trails her hand through his hair, letting it glide down the length of his arm until again their finger tips part. He turns to her one more time with his sweetest smile before continuing up the gangplank. From the rail he waves to her. The loud bark of the mate startles him as he quickly jumps into motion and disappears.

She watches for him still. Waiting until the ramp is taken down and the last rope is removed from it's mooring.As the ship drifts from the dock she
quickly turns away and runs through the crowd. She reaches the hillside surrounding the bay and watches as the ship moves out into the sea. For hours she
stands there waving at times, hoping that he will see her from the deck while he does his tasks. Nightfall will approach before she leaves as she will wait
until the ship disappears from her site. As the days would pass she planned to return to this spot everyday to watch for the ships to come in.

It was on the first night that she awoke in fear, close to the turning of dawn. Dressing quickly she ran to the hillside where the day before she
had watched the ship sail out to the sea. In the the morning's mist and the spray of the sea she strained to see out into the darkness. Lightning flashed in
the distance. Thunder rolled loudly after piercing light. The wind howled cruelly in her ears, pushing her back from her stance. The cold blasts wore to her
bones as she yielded to the pressures of the coming storm.

The storm raged on for days. Some say it was the wrath of Laanx come down upon them. The winds tore the roofing from the houses as it beat against
the coast. The worst in years they said at the tavern. As each day she made her way against the weather's torment for any word of incoming ships. She found
herself praying to Laanx every moment she thought of her sailor at out at sea. She offered what little she could in sacrifice with each prayer given for him
and his mates.

Finally, as quickly as it came the storm passed. The town would spent days upon the repairs of the damage it had caused. She spent her time helping as
she could about the town, with the folks she knew and some that she didn't.  Always there would be a moment she would face the way of the sea and whisper a
prayer. Those that would see her do this would in the own way offer prayer for the souls of those they knew.  When she had some time before the coming of
nightfall she would go to the hillside looking over the bay and watch for the ships to come in. With each trip her heart filled with emptiness, like a knowing of dread. She fought against the feeling and replaced it will hope, which she shared with others during the days. The old sailors looked upon her with sad downcast eyes as they listened to her words. In their experience they knew more the truth of the matter, but reluctant to share their thoughts to all but each other over a quieted whisper and a glass of ale.

From the hillside she walked slowly towards the rows of houses. Lost in her own thoughts. It was as she neared her place of boarding that she first
become aware of her father's saddened face. She froze as if she was struck down by Laarnx himself. Her body numb of all feeling as the emptiness exploded in
her heart. She stepped no closer. She didn't need to hear the words he had come to say. She already knew them. In shock, she watched for a moment as her
father approached. Her head shaking involuntarily against her own denial. her vision faded to darkness.

She awoke in her bed in the dark of night. The worried whispers from the lower floor muffled in lowered tone. She looked to the window as the
moonlight shines it's brightness into the night, the gentle sea wind blowing softly into the open pane. She watched unfeeling as the curtains danced to the
warm summer breeze. Tears welled up into her eyes in pain of her loss as she fell back into the softness of her bed. She cried.  Her heart felt so heavy with
each thought of him. She could picture his face as he smiled at her. She thought of the the last time they kissed at the pier, how pure their love felt as
they had. It was at that moment she noticed the moonlight as it seemed to brighten up her room where she lay. She turned to the window but for just a moment and her pain was gone.

Morning came.  Her Mother discovered an empty room as she brought up some food. She screamed into the rooms emptiness as she opened the door. The men from outside the house ran to her side as she knelled in anguish. In closed breaths all she could do was point into the empty room. Stunned, her father moved quickly into the room. Seeing no sign of their daughter. He approached the bed where she had lain. There, laid out as if it was worn lay her empty bed gown.
Picking it up he walked to his bereaved wife.  Kneeling beside her, they embraced each other at their loss.

"Under the morning call of the sea birds
Two young lovers embraced
Sharing their feelings without words
Silent longing etched upon their face"

"The moment lasts forever
Too soon, forever passes
In that moment shared with each other
Was given a life's time of passion"

"Slowly, unwillingly, they part
Stopping for one long last glance"

Stories came in with each ship. They flooded the taverns every night as the sailors drank their fill. Of a figure of a crying young lady that they
had seen somewhere along the coasts. Sometimes during the storms, as they traveled the dangerous coastline.But most of all during the gloomy thickness of the morning fog. The tales differed with each telling, but one thing seemed to remain the same.  Somehow,  they all felt that in some way the ghostlike figure of the mists had protected them and guided them home, or to some safe port.

Now they say, when they talk, that if you were to sail into troubled water. Look! Look hard for the Sorrowful Grey Lady of the mist, and offer her your
prayers. For those unfortunate enough not to see her, will never see port again. And, as all tales go, and to this very day, no ship ever coming into port will
ever say, they never seen the 'Sorrowful Lady Grey."

"Oh my sorrowful Lady Grey"

"Let the morning breeze stir the sails
May it be enough to bring us home
To the shores we have so longed to see
and into the arms of ones we love"

"Many times have we thought of this day
as the the waves rocked this vessel of our trade
returning to a land that is always so distant from us
and to the life of which we no longer yearn"

"Let the hearts of those we love hold us dear
As we sail the coastline in search of safe port
glancing in hope as we pass rocky shores
praying for a day without storm"

"Oh my sorrowful Lady Grey"

"Hear my prayers this day if you may
As we near the land of our fathers
Let the waves from your salted tears
carry us home safely  without sway"

"Give us the joy that you once had known
So long ago when in your heart you knew
That the vast dark waters of the churning sea
Was sending your sailor back to you"

"Let the pain you find in your aching heart
Be the light that guides us safe from harm
From that which lurks to crush us from beneath the waves
And spare for our families your sorrowful fate"

"Oh My sorrowful Lady Grey"

"Remember now that dreadful day
Hear my prayers if you may"
« Last Edit: October 22, 2008, 08:07:05 pm by jaycol »

Mathy Stockington

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 22, 2008, 06:35:24 am »
jaycol that has to be the best I have ever read. You are extremely talented and do hope you have more stories for me to read. I applaud your efforts!!
Life is lived forwards, but understood backwards

jaycol

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 22, 2008, 08:51:50 pm »
Jaycol smiles.

"Thank you Mathy, your comments are much appreciated. And.. I'll try to do that."

I seen this wonderful thread and couldn't pass on the opportunity to participate. I enjoyed the stories here myself. We have so any talented people at PS. , that I find it hard not to be inspired by each story and post that I read.

"Besides."  Jaycol winks.
 "Fables, be a sneaky way ta add ta da fabric of a culture, without it being outlined as hard historical fact." He says as he chuckles.

Raa

• Veteran
  • Halp meh...!
    • View Profile
Re:
« Reply #20 on: October 24, 2008, 04:40:01 pm »
Got any that do not involve brutal murder? I\'d never tell my kittens those stories! ;(

(But they\'re good :) they sound like they have a moral to them, but I can\'t figure out what lesson they\'re teaching.)

This is actually how real "fairytales" used to be (some still are like this, i.e. the boy who cried wolf). You're just used to the happily-ever-ending, super-safe, anti-violence stories of our world of today, which ironically support crime without punishment (maybe you'll get a spanking!). No wonder we have so many young kids going to prison...

First story's moral teaches that sometimes it isn't best to be blunt, and you should lie just for the sake of kindness.

Second story basically says that you should make a leader for/out of yourself; don't go looking for one and get duped. (Edit: Actually, I just noticed the author's post... Guess that shows how people understand things differently.)
« Last Edit: October 24, 2008, 10:50:21 pm by Raa »

jaycol

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 25, 2008, 04:10:15 pm »
The Magnificent Book

" I have another tale for yah. Dis be a true one, cross me heart." Jaycol grins.

Taking a seat at the table. He places a sack on the floor next to him. Carefully he removes an old book that he places upon the table. He opens it as though it's page was marked for him and he begins to read.

There once lived an wise old mage. Who had for many generations served the royal family of a once great kingdom. In his long life "(as such great old mages often enjoy),"  He had primed and counseled a long line of fair and just kings. The great kingdom itself and the surrounding lands prospered greatly from each succession.

As with all great things, the wise old mage knew that this great secession of kings would eventually end. That is because all mages to some degree of skill can read the future, "(somewhat)."  Many of the older and wiser mages never toil with such things. because the future you see is always clouded, "(even so to mages)."  And, one must choose from a list of riddles set by the gods. Which by the way, only leads to another set of riddles, so on and so forth. With each choice changing the future in it's own way. The result of which is never known until after the fact that the future was changed in the first place."

"Hmmm...?"
Jaycol stops looking dumbfounded. Rolling his eyes he asks himself.
"Did I explain dat right?" His hand straying idly to his beard. With a shrug he quickly adds waving his hand dismissively
"Anyhow's, yah! just don't toil with such things." He states shaking his finger.
Sitting back he lets his hand stray again to his beard as he rolls his eyes up in thought.
"Where were we?"
"Ugh....?"
"Yes!,Well? Anyways." He says as he leans forward and continues.
"The future's a funny thing. But, don't ye dwell on it ta long just now..., or yah'll miss what I'm sayin' ta yah."

"Now..., the old mage."

He was responsible for the guidance and tutoring of the young princes, "(and/or princesses I should add. But...! There isn't any in this story, so I won't)." These were among his list of duties, other then counseling the king, of coarse. They, (the princes), studied under the mage in his great library of his tower. Which is.., by the way, always the highest tower of any castle. You usually find them located in the closest direction of the crystal. Unless the mages chooses to use the dungeon instead,(those ones usually tend to the dark way, you should know).

The mage always kept in open display, (inside the vastness of his library), two books. The first book was old looking, worn, and in a state of decay,(it even smelled bad). The other book. Now there was a sight to behold. It was without any doubt truly magnificent. It's brightly shining gold cover was handsomely inlaid with a brilleint rare gems, laced and trimmed in silver. The gems were of such quality that they actually glowed in the slightest bit of light. All arranged in delicate patterns, that truely had to have been the work of a master of their craft.

The books were magically locked. Not even the mage could read the contents of either. For they had been sealed long ago. " Locked in the magic of the ancients. The care of such books as these were, are often handed down, or appointed to certain mages, whom are considered trustworthy. "(By whatever council of mages that mages have at the time of the appointment)." The wise old mage had been tasked with these two long ago.

It was said, that on the death of the old king. The wise mage would take the new king to his library on the night before his coronation. Once there, the mage would instruct the new king on the usage of the two books. One he would say held all the knowledge of "Justice and Prosperity."
The other held all the knowledge of "Misfortune and Discontentment". Now, not even the wise old mage knew which book contained which knowledge, "( or..., for that matter if the books even kept the same knowledge after each use. So..., there really was no way to tell, for sure)."

The new king was instructed to choose wisely by following what he felt in his heart, or by what he felt was Just. For once king, he would often be called upon to weigh the outcome of the two in every decision he made. Armed now, with the knowledge that neither is necessarily the the right decision for every solution. The mage would then tell the new king that the choice he makes would define his reign and deeds forever. And..., that would be how he would be remembered.

Leaving the king to ponder over his choices. The mage would then depart from the great library. Where he went from there doesn't really matter, but he would go somewhere..., to wait. Then, sometime during the course of the night the new king would appear by his side "( now, I don't know if it was magically or not. But..., he would appear)." Often, it would be late into the night, not always though. The king would have no knowledge of from which book he had chosen or why. After the coronation he then settled into his position as king. Reigning over the kingdom and it's peoples until he died.

"Now!"

"This last king." Jaycol pauses. Just long enough to think over his next comment.

"Oh!  he was an impatient lout. If'n I remembers this right." Nodding, he continues.

"Yep!  Right.... He was at that." Jaycol says pleased with himself, shaking his hand in front of him as to stress the point. Leaning back again on his chair, he goes on talking.

" It was said he appeared beside the mage before the mage even gots the door closed."

The mage was in shock to see the king near him as he turned from the door. Somehow he knew at this time his fears had come to pass. That this man may be the last of a line of great kings. Nodding in acceptance the mage escorted his sire to the king's chamber, so he could rest for the upcoming ceremony.

After the coronation ceremony had ended. The mage removed himself from public view to stay in his tower. Coming out only under the summons of the king. He would then perform his duties faithfully. Retreating again to the tower and his own solitude. Waiting I guess for the impending doom that he had once foreseen long ago.

It time, the kingdom began to decay. First from within, as lords of office began argue and seek to blame each other for the state of the kingdom's affairs. Each turning from their duties to see to their own fortunes. Bandits roamed the lands Wrecking havoc in the smaller towns and settlements. The army was losing men to desertion from lack of funds. Lawlessness was rampant even in the streets of the capital.

Everyone blamed the king, who in turn blamed the mage for this discontent. He ordered the guards to have the old mage arrested and slain. Which they did. The mage even though he as was powerful, chose to surrender to his fate as he had once foreseen.

The king then ordered the books destroyed. But the books being magical had disappeared at the mage's demise. For he could no longer care from them as he was charged to do. There are many stories as to the whereabouts of the books and what may have happened to them. Some say the books returned to the mages council, or to another great mage to look after them. Some say an apprentice may have taken them for safekeeping. Others say still they never existed.

War then found it's way into the land as minor lords fought first with each other and then the king. The once great kingdom fell apart and eventually ended. All traces of it's greatness slowly faded as the years went by. It was all but forgotten in name alone.

"And the king? As he was once promised by the mage was remembered forever for his deeds."  Jaycol said as he brings his story to a close.

"So I ask yah all, and be honest." He says.

" Who here among us has never once heard or spoke the name of King "Darnit" from the kingdom of "Curseu"

Jaycol laughs closing his book. A scent of decay fills the air as a result of his action. As he place the old tattered book carefully back into the bag from which it came.

"I swear by the gods, that this story is true."

With a playful gleam in his eye, he laughs again. While he gathers up his up his things to leave

« Last Edit: October 25, 2008, 04:24:19 pm by jaycol »

Nafid

• Wayfarer
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 20, 2009, 01:58:10 pm »
The ungreatful boy

In the rolling plains of the first level lived a family of stonebreakers,they were happy and lived comfortably,one day the parents instructed their young son to collect water from a lake a short distance away.As he approached the water's edge bucket in hand which he had done a thousand times before he noticed something unusual,in the shade of a tree was a tiny house no bigger than the boy's head (remember he is a dwarf child so that is especially tiny).

Curious the dwarf tapped gently on the roof of the pretty little house and out walked a rather disgruntled little figure,it was a Kran albeit an extremely small one.

"Hello," said the boy to the Kran, "You're a Kran are'nt you? why are you so small?"

The little rock man took a seat as he related a rather sad tale to the young stonebreaker who listened patiently:

"I was big like other Kran once but fairly recently I had an argument with a traveling sourceress,she was extremely angry at something I said to her and so she placed a very powerful curse on me,I will only return to my normal size once I perform a good deed for someone and once they appreciate me the spell will be broken."

The boy felt for the unfortunate Kran and offered that if he would help him collect the water for his parents prehaps that would satisfy the criteria of the curse.The Kran agreed and once the dwarf had filled the bucket he took it in his arms and began to push it towards the boy's cottage,this was an impressive feat as the bucket was twice his size.When they arrived the Kran nodded and said to the boy,

"Very well,I have completed my task,can you now please say that you appreciate me so I may return to normal size?"
 "Not quite yet," replied the boy,"There are a few more things I would like help with"...

Just under a year passed and the boy had still not made any gesture of thanks to the small Kran,the boy had become very lazy and now commanded his new friend to do everything from fetching water to cleaning the Kikiri coop.The Kran was unhappy at this treatment but tolerated it as he knew that one day his spell would be broken,one day the boy's parents were heading out in on bussiness to hydlaa and had instructed the boy to prepare a meal for their return.As soon as they were out the door he summoned the Kran and asked him to help prepare the meal.

"No!" said the little Kran resolutely,"I have been performing tasks for you all year and you have not shown the slightest thanks,I'm leaving right now to find another person to help me."

As the Kran stormed out the boy bitterly turned back towards the oven "I dont need him" he thought as the Kran stormed out of the door.The boy opened the fire door on the oven to place in another shovelful of coal and as he did so an ember caused him to recoil,this resulted in red hot coals spilling all over the kitchen;within seconds the whole cottage was ablaze.

As the choking smoke and blinding flames closed around the boy he glanced the small Kran through a window "For the love of laanx help me!" he screamed,the Kran looked back and calmly said "I'm sorry,I am too small to be of any help in a situation like this;prehaps I would be bigger by now if you were more appreciative.

"Well I did appreciate you very much!" cried the boy in desperation.At this moment an extraordinary change came over the Kran,he steadily expanded with a slight glow until he was towering over the boy,when the change was complete he lumbered forward and with his bulk removed a large section of the cottage's wall through which the boy ran immediately.

"Thank you," the boy said to the Kran as they stood outside the burning embers of the cottage "Please stay for a little longer,my parents will be back really soon and they are never going to believe this"

The Kran looked at the dwarf and flatly replied "I can't do that I'm afraid,you did wrong and must now face the consequences" with that he lumbered into the distance and the dwarf never saw him again.

Without the Kran to back up his story the boy's parents did not believe the convaluted tale of a three inch tall Kran being the underlying cause of the fire as there was only his word and the wreck of the burned cottage as evidence.Without a convincing story the boy was severely punished and was not forgiven by his parents even into adulthood,this was the Kran's way of teaching him a lesson.
Live fast die young (then return from the death realm and die a little older)

Bguy

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 20, 2009, 03:48:39 pm »
    One warm day, a kikiri, minding its own business in a field, pecking wheat seeds and such, found itself standing in the shadow of an ulbernaut. The ulbernaut, picking up the scared kikiri, laughed at it and said "You kikiri are a pathetic bunch. You spend your days pecking and clucking, and you spend your nights being eaten. I doubt you even live to see a new season."
    The kikiri, insulted as it should be, retorted to the hulking monster "At least I am not an ulbernaut, who feels it has to belittle kikiri in order to feel strong."
    The ulbernaut, upon hearing this flushed with anger, but quickly regained its composure and laughed. "Really, you joke, I could squash you in an instant."
    The kikiri continued "Of course you could. As you said, I'm a pathetic kikiri. But what I am saying is you are a weak and cowering ulbernaut, who is a shame to his kind."
    At this comment, the ulbernaut was unable to contain itself. It shouted back "I am as strong as any ulbernaut! In fact I am stronger!"
    The kikiri continued to goad. "Oh yes, you are the strongest." It said sarcastically. "In fact you are so strong, you must never have gone on a raid before."
    The ulbernaut roared at this. "Never gone on a raid?! If you are stupid enough to think that I will demonstrate something for you." It held the kikiri in an uncomfortable position right below the bird's neck and carried it towards a town. When the nearest buildings were just before the horizon, the monster put the kikiri down and said: "You see that town over there? Well you wont be able to once I am finished with it." After this, the ulbernaut walked off towards the establishment. A few minutes later, the kikiri heard the sounds of screaming and terror. It saw fire in the distance and crumbling buildings. After a couple more minutes passed, the kikiri saw the monster return. With a grin on its face it said "Now do you doubt me you pathetic little bird?"
    Before the kikiri could answer, the sound of shouting men reached its ears. The kikiri watched as a group of armed men, summoned by the destruction of the town, came and killed the ulbernaut. The kikiri laughed at the irony, until one of the men spotted it. It was eaten for dinner that same night.