Author Topic: Town meeting, topic: Octarch elections.  (Read 863 times)

Darkblade

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
Town meeting, topic: Octarch elections.
« on: May 16, 2005, 06:25:02 pm »
Darkshade stands outside the council chambers, his face set. He glances at the council chambers, and at the small figure who was scalling it...
He walked up the steps, and, he yelled across the clearing, and he was sure the council would hear it too...

\"People of Hydlaa! The council has been set! They shall choose two who will become rivals in their campaign to become Octarch! But we, the people, are the ones who must truely decide!\"
Darkshade waited and watched as the silence creeped in.

\"Since we must decide, is it not fair that we know who is who, and what each person will provide for this city? I open the Hydlaa town meeting to furfill that aspect. Each and every one of you here, has a voice, and shall take part!\"
Darkshade steps forward a step, then speaks again

\"It is essential that we are not deceived, tricked, into thinking wrongly. So, each one of you, at length, can, and should remark on your position, what the Octarch means for you, who they should be!\"

Darkshade turns and points at the council chambers
\"They have their time to decide, and now, it is ours.
But, no vote is cast in this town meeting, m\'lords and m\'ladies.\"

He turns, and looks back at the crowd assembling before him
\"Would those who like to speak, step forward.\"
Crazy am I. Not responsable for crazyness that ensues.

Pestilence

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2005, 06:34:29 pm »
*steps outside for a moment looking where the last councilmember is staying and hears the speech and steps forward*

I for one would love to hear what people want of us. If you have any questions for me BTW I will gladly answer them aswell :)

Darkblade

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2005, 07:50:20 pm »
Darkshade turns and adresses the crowd.
\"You see? Even a council member, one of the few who stepped forwards is willing to hear what we have to say!
We are a society, a group, a collection of individuals who each can influence the future, and now is the time!\"

Darkshade looks again at the crowd
\"So, will anyone out there who wishes to speak, please come forward.\"

\"I don\'t bite\" Darkshade chuckes

Monketh

• Veteran
  • aka GovernmentAgent, CorporateAgent
    • View Profile
    • Niihama.ws
(No subject)
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2005, 08:33:10 pm »
Monketh calls the guards now posted outside of the Chamber to order.  He then advances to Darkshade.

\"I appreciate your sentiment, but if you will kindly excuse us, it would be preferable for the security of the members if your meeting were to be held slightly more distant.  You may send a runner to the Chamber entrance who may call in what has been said.\"
The key to manipulative bargaining is to ask for something twice as big as what you want, then smile and nod when you are talked down to your original wish. You are still young, my apprentice, and have much to learn in the ways of the force. -UtM

Darkblade

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2005, 08:38:04 pm »
Darkshade nods
\"I presumed something like this might happen... You received my message, then?\"

Monketh

• Veteran
  • aka GovernmentAgent, CorporateAgent
    • View Profile
    • Niihama.ws
(No subject)
« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2005, 08:46:46 pm »
Monketh nods.
\"Indeed.  There is little action I can take upon it, unfortunately.  This seems to be the best available path at this time.  Not so much that a large crowd is gathered here, but any single person may represent a security threat.\"
Monketh glances over the people in the crowd.
The key to manipulative bargaining is to ask for something twice as big as what you want, then smile and nod when you are talked down to your original wish. You are still young, my apprentice, and have much to learn in the ways of the force. -UtM

Darkblade

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2005, 09:31:13 pm »
Darkshade, too glances out at the crowd
\"Well, in that case, I suggest that the town meeting move to the plaza or thereabouts.\"

DepthBlade

• Veteran
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2005, 10:43:26 am »
A figure hooded in black slowly approachs the Chamber, with his hands slowly removing all weaponry on his body and dropping it onto the ground. He continues to walk..

Aye..An Octarch will be formed? You now try to class individuals instead of standing equal as brothers and sisters of this realm. This will be the beginning of the struggle...Turns to the few who came to show their faces and shouts Take no part in this for it shall only come to be so false in time, and all your decisions now shall lay whip on you if you allow such things to commence! Sighs as he slowly picks up a few of his weapons while exiting You shall get no worship out of me, you shall not take my freedom  as an adventurer!
« Last Edit: May 17, 2005, 10:45:18 am by DepthBlade »

Cyl

• Hydlaa Notable
  • *Ninja Poof*
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #8 on: May 17, 2005, 12:33:16 pm »
Cyl jumped to his feet in the side street as a crowd rushed by. He stood up and made his way to the plaza where the crowd met

\'Hmm seems like the luck\'s on my side today\' he thinks

After he picked some of the wealthy mechant\'s pocket he heard that they were talking about the election

Ah, the same old topic, right?

Hmm, my only wish for the voting is that any prejusdices are laid aside.

Sure wizards like Ordo are told to be slightly, ... ... excentric, but dont let the rumors blind your common sense.

It may be common knowledge around here that Tybalt, the red monk is the prophet of Pein, god of torture. Even if this would have anything to do with being octarch, you should consider that he is a great leader.

John may be a fanatic of sorts. But he to is a great leader, with good intentions, and last but not least a strong warrior.

Am-Heh may be considered a total madman. But some of his statements are quite logical.

Nethrys seems to be the shining leader, with the will for righteousness. But dont let yourself be fooled, she is not the avatar of good and righteous. She is young, and maybe ignorant or even foolish, and she can make mistakes to.

Meriner Seraphim did not set any high goals. He didnt tell us about stopping the rats problem or healing the diseases or whatever. But what he said seems reasonable.

Cyl steps back into the crowd
MMORPG - Many Men Online Role Playing Girls