Author Topic: Announcing candidate for Octarch!  (Read 2263 times)

Phinehas

(No subject)
« Reply #15 on: May 22, 2005, 07:55:22 pm »
*Phinehas yawns.*

Pathetic! Those are our two candidates? Where is Nilaya? This is most... distressing.

*Phinehas shakes his head, muttering his disgust as he walks off.*
« Last Edit: May 22, 2005, 07:56:45 pm by Phinehas »

ramlambmoo

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #16 on: May 23, 2005, 12:44:01 am »
*Sits back and grumbles to himself*

Two candidates who are pretty similar, no real choice... and only one of them decided to turn up?  I think i\'ll have to join the ranks of the anarchists who arnt going to vote in the election..

*walks away*

TheRedMonk

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #17 on: May 23, 2005, 05:15:43 am »
So you will not vote simply because the two candidates are similar to each other. Does the fact that they have similar values make them less fit to be an Octarch? Those are no real reasons not to vote, but do as you wish.

*notices Phinehas and runs after him

Phin wait!

derwoodly

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #18 on: May 23, 2005, 05:53:11 am »
Greenwood shouts

What of the other one, has she met her end?

Pestilence

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #19 on: May 23, 2005, 07:27:31 am »
Stands in the shadows looking at the speech and the questions and answers. Then hears Phinehas mutter something not to be repeated and walks of. As Phinehas is walking past Meriner he lets him trip and swiftly dissapears in the shadows again giving Tybalt the time to catch up with Phinehas.

Wondering who to support these elections or to stay out of it he eyes up Netrhys. \"She indeed is pasionate, but can she handle people like Amheh or Phinehas?\" looking around he doesn\'t see Nilaya. \"But Nilaya is a bit absentminded lately. Would she be the better choice?\"

Going into an alley he is surrounde by three followers as he goes to a meeting he is running late for after pondering to long.

Seytra

• Forum Addict
  • No system can compensate lack of common sense.
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #20 on: May 23, 2005, 10:37:42 am »
*Has been wondering about Nilayas whereabouts herself, and when Greenwood asks this question, she reluctantly shrugs*
I don\'t know... {hopefully she is well... maybe she doesn\'t think a speech is needed...} Whatever it is, I\'m sure it\'s a good reason. *thinks of Amheh.* {Could he have...? No, Nilaya wouldn\'t be easy prey... then again...} *pushes these thoughts aside with a sigh*

OOC: AFAIK, Nilaya is rather busy IRL ATM, and thus hasn\'t been ingame or on the boards recently.

Monketh

• Veteran
  • aka GovernmentAgent, CorporateAgent
    • View Profile
    • Niihama.ws
(No subject)
« Reply #21 on: May 23, 2005, 08:44:27 pm »
*Monketh calls out*
\'Ey!  What do you plan to do about law enforcement?  And what do you plan to do about creating legislation?
It is my business to know, you know.
The key to manipulative bargaining is to ask for something twice as big as what you want, then smile and nod when you are talked down to your original wish. You are still young, my apprentice, and have much to learn in the ways of the force. -UtM

Pestilence

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #22 on: May 24, 2005, 04:00:07 am »
*returning from his meeting he makes sure to come past the plaza where he hears Monketh*

Law enforcement? YOUR busines?? If I am not mistaken the Octarch is the one who decides that and I think the guard is enforcing the law just fine as it is without private firms interfering. Wonder if thats legal. Private firms like that? I\'m sure the cityguard wont be happy with people interfering with their jobs.

Phinehas

(No subject)
« Reply #23 on: May 25, 2005, 11:19:37 am »
OOC: Pestilence, I don\'t appreciate that trip twink, therefore...

IC: Phinehas stares at the fool who tried to trip him, but he\'s too discouraged about the elections to bother venting anger. He continues to shuffle off, and as Tybalt catches up to him, he turns to his friend and smiles sadly. \"Well, Tybalt, what do we do now? Personally, I don\'t plan on messing in these politics anymore. I should have known, we were made to to be loners, you and I.\"

Monketh

• Veteran
  • aka GovernmentAgent, CorporateAgent
    • View Profile
    • Niihama.ws
(No subject)
« Reply #24 on: May 25, 2005, 06:16:30 pm »
*looks over at Pestilence in a grave, somewhat offended manner*
The District of Hydlaa\'s Agency of Law Enforcement is not a private firm!  
Currently it is autonomous due to the lack of an Octarch, but it falls under the Octarch\'s jurisdiction and will operate as such.
But I must forgive your ignorance, as the formation of this unit was relatively recently in comparison to that of the guard.

[OOC] And why can\'t players act as officials or agents of the government?  It seems the Devs don\'t currently have any plans for an \'official\' government.  Here we have a good example of players forming a player government.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2005, 06:17:09 pm by Monketh »
The key to manipulative bargaining is to ask for something twice as big as what you want, then smile and nod when you are talked down to your original wish. You are still young, my apprentice, and have much to learn in the ways of the force. -UtM

Seytra

• Forum Addict
  • No system can compensate lack of common sense.
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #25 on: May 26, 2005, 04:51:18 pm »
*is not sure what to answer to Monketh, as law enforcement has never been something for her to think about, not on this side of the fence, at least*
I... the... law enforcement, well... {He\'s right, I\'ll have to think about these things, too.} I\'ll have to familiarize myself with the situation to be able to judge it properly. *remembers Meriner\'s words which, even out of their original context, still apply* {\"not start a witchhunt\"...}
It\'s supposed to be good for everyone, so, as with the erm, legislation, it mustn\'t be overdone. *continues more firmly* However there will be new laws added to ensure the removal of slavery. *nods* These, no, all laws, must be used by their spirit, not just by their words. And the existing laws will be checked, to see if they actually do what they are supposed to do. {He probably wasn\'t here when I said that. Ah, well...}

OOC: Of course, player - anything is dangerous, for it can easily get out of hand. However, since PS luckily has a rather high GM population that also cares, and adding to that the focus on real RP, it seems more feasible in PS than elsewhere. Also, there is no real danger since it is solely based on RP, so no special powers, no anything.
Therefore, it would even be possible to have players be not just the Octarch, but also the Vigesimi, which
From the settings
deal with law and order

So while they would be mediating between Octarch and guards, the actual Law enforcement might be above the common guards, and thus, as Monketh said, directly in tough with the Octarch, something like a secret service maybe. :D
« Last Edit: May 26, 2005, 04:53:12 pm by Seytra »