Author Topic: New Octarch, the Vote!  (Read 5982 times)

Moogie

• Forum Legend
  • Artist/Flash Animator
    • View Profile
New Octarch, the Vote!
« on: May 25, 2005, 11:05:51 am »
This is Underthemoon\'s post, not Moogie\'s. Moogie is posting it in order to make the poll. :)
==================================================

*Arnigus Faymore once again waddles up to the fountain. He holds in his hand a proclamation. Taking out a small Sounding Gylph, so as all on the entire level can hear, he begins to read.*

Hear ye! Hear ye! Peoples of Hydlaa and the First level. Your time is now.

The polls to elect the new Octarch are now open! Cast your vote for your future, and the good of Hydlaa.

The Council has chosen Nilaya Kaeli, and Netrhys Tanhren (Seytra) to be your candidates.

Thank you for your time.

*Arnigus puts the sounding Glyph away and rolls up the scroll. The rest was up to the people.*

[ooc]Ok, people, this is it. Read up on the following threads and cast your vote.

Octarch Hopefuls The Octarch Council Room.

Note, though, that this is not an actual election. The winner will have no real power or duties. Nor will they have an official title. This is for role playing and fun only. Please announce the vote to others who are in-game. :)

Under the moon

• Forum Addict
  • Writer extraordinaire.
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2005, 11:09:59 am »
Thank you Moogie. :D

*Update*The election is now over. Nilaya has won. Thank you all for participating. It has been lots of fun.  
« Last Edit: June 05, 2005, 10:56:34 pm by Under the moon »

Zan

• Veteran
  • Just a regular guy, with an irregular soul
    • View Profile
    • Photography
(No subject)
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2005, 04:22:13 pm »
*walks over to the voting booth, nodding and smiling at Had who is valiantly protecting the small wooden fabrication coated in cloth*

Hmmm .. well for me this isn\'t such a tough decision.

*walks back out moments later*
Zan Drithor, Member of the Vaalnor Council
Tyrnal Relhorn, Captain of the Vaalguard
Thromdir Shoake, Merchant
Giorn Kleaver, Miner.

Grayne Dholm, Follower of Dakkru

Am-Heh

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2005, 05:18:17 pm »
Amheh pokes his head throught the door of the election hall. He has arrived early and as a result the room is quite bare..just a few villiage ladies decorating te walls with flowers and laying down some little canapes and hor d \'ouvres, for the people, to calm there stomachs when they come to que, in a few hours time.

Mumbling under his breath through gritted teeth...

\"Council has chosen....pffft.. Those two pathetic candidates will turn the population against itsself rather than unite it... These two girls have no idea... In proof... Nilaya the older and \"wiser\" one of the two didnt even bother to turn up!?.. Wiping the blood from his daggar, that is now starting to dry a little on his leather pants.

Amheh moves up to the frount of the room.. I wonder where she could be...Amheh says, inaudiably so that his voice can only be heard within his own head... Not here anyways..Not anytime soon.

Now at the frount of the great hall, Amheh throws the sack from his shoulder to the floor, mills around inside it for a while and from its great depths pulls out a box.. the exact replica of the other two boxs that are to contain the townsmen and womens votes..

Scratching his name into the frount with his small dagger. Then using the blood that was from his blade but now on his pants, he wipes it carefully into to his inscibed name on the box. It now stands out with an errie red againt the light colour birch tree from which the box is made....

Maybe given a choice the  realm would elect him, without having to use force, cruelty or torture.....mmm an intreastng concept..And one that Amheh was about to try.

Turning behind him as he leaves glance at the 3 boxes side by side..Amheh feels he has done all he can so that he may be named as Octarch..Without killing half the population of which he is meant to lead to glory..

Ayshe

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2005, 06:16:36 pm »
Ayshe stands at the back of the hall, trying in vain to decide between her two friends.

She sighs, realising that much of the morning has passed, and there was still much work to do back home. Time for the decision she had been avoiding.

Standing before the ballot, Ayshe pauses for the longest time.

She smiles. \"I am sorry, my friend. Best of luck to you both\" she says to no one in particular as she drops the slip into the box.

Moments later, Ayshe walks out into the bright morning sun, hoping she made the most of her difficult choice.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2005, 06:19:44 pm by Ayshe »
The Felines Lair

Uloim

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2005, 10:15:32 pm »
\"Money fer th\'poor!\" a dwarf shouts nearby, scaring off a few voters.  He smirks in his dark corner, and continues to shout.

derwoodly

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2005, 01:02:13 am »
Greenwood enters the room, he smells of the sewer and is covered in rat gore.  Seeing the three boxes, says to himself, so Am-heh is a candidate after all.  

Greenwood drops his slip in the box with blood stain name on it.

Under the moon

• Forum Addict
  • Writer extraordinaire.
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2005, 01:55:53 am »
*Hadarican, distracted by a smiling, very petty Klyros woman, did not notice Amheh?s actions. He finishes reciting a short poem to the lady and bows*

I would talk some more, miss, but my duties do not allow it. Good eve.

*He turns to see not two, but three boxes.*

Did you see who?

*He was talking to the woman, but turning, found her nowhere near. In fact, not in sight at all. Fool! You fell for the oldest folly. There is no bigger fool in the land? He sees a soiled man drop a slip in the third box, and sees that box contains Amheh?s name. Perhaps not the biggest fool. Shaking his head, he stomps to the third box. Though it looked like the others, it did not contain the hidden Glyphs ensuring a truthful vote. So the foul one thinks to sabotage the election even now. We will see. Had turns the box over and places it on the floor, so as Dwarves could more easily reach the real polls. At least Amheh was good for something.*

Cyl

• Hydlaa Notable
  • *Ninja Poof*
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #8 on: May 26, 2005, 03:22:34 am »
Cyl stepped in voted and moved away from the boxes, slightly amused by the third one

Ts, ts it seesm that one was quite careless

He glanced at Had
MMORPG - Many Men Online Role Playing Girls

Sangwa

• Forum Addict
  • Chars: Morwen and Gartheiz
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #9 on: May 26, 2005, 03:41:46 am »
*Sangwa comes in. He laughs and says in a low voice:*
What a mess... Why go through all this trouble? They\'ll be bowing to her Magesty anyway...
*He leans against the wall and patiently watches the event as it unfolds*
« Last Edit: May 26, 2005, 03:44:06 am by Sangwa »
Disclaimer: This is my opinion and I can be reasoned with. I'm probably right, though.

Join the Dark Empire!

John_Thazer

• Hydlaa Notable
  • From the ivory tower, I gaze upon thee
    • View Profile
    • Chaotic Warriors
(No subject)
« Reply #10 on: May 26, 2005, 07:06:55 am »
\"So it is time to make my plan complete.\" *Thought John as he walked into election hall.*

\"Both the candidates are good, yet only one...\"

You can try, but you shall fail! Seek us not, we shall find you.

TheRedMonk

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #11 on: May 26, 2005, 09:27:47 am »
*drops his vote into a box and then nods at Had before leacing the election hall

OOC: lol John, are you saying you went through all this trouble just to make one of these ladies win? :P I don\'t think you would have said no to become an octarch, if you had won the election (neither would I) ;) that\'s just a theory, of course...
« Last Edit: May 26, 2005, 09:28:19 am by TheRedMonk »

Kayden

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
    • The Explorers Guild
(No subject)
« Reply #12 on: May 26, 2005, 11:30:52 am »
Nilaya wanders the election hall curiously, surveying the goings on. Somehow she felt the need to be present and available, if not planning another speech...talking at people is never as good as talking with people, right?

She sees a small wooden box being used as a stepping stool, and then spies the blood-red inscription...\"Am-heh\" upside-down? \"Wha-at...!\" she laughs heartily.

\"Awesome,\" she comments to thin air, still grinning cheerfully.
Kayden - WTB Developer / Engine Team
Nilaya and Kalyan Kaeli - The Explorers Guild

John_Thazer

• Hydlaa Notable
  • From the ivory tower, I gaze upon thee
    • View Profile
    • Chaotic Warriors
(No subject)
« Reply #13 on: May 26, 2005, 12:08:30 pm »
OCC @ TheRedMonk: I have left a lot of hints of my intentions, throughout all the Octarch threads...:P I wouldn\'t said no if I was to become an Ocratch...but was it really what I wanted?

You can try, but you shall fail! Seek us not, we shall find you.

Pestilence

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #14 on: May 26, 2005, 03:13:00 pm »
hmmm well not saying anything about the two candidates I think both are very deserving, but I have to admit I don\'t like how John Thazer is putting it. Sounds a lot like fraude if you get people becoming part of the council to chose candidates not to become octarch themselves but just to make sure their preferred candidate has more chance.