Author Topic: New Octarch, the Vote!  (Read 5985 times)

Moogie

• Forum Legend
  • Artist/Flash Animator
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #15 on: May 26, 2005, 03:37:24 pm »
(Sorry, I forgot to say I have voted already... I would\'ve made an appearance, but my character is currently unavailable... :) anyways, good luck to you both!)

Uloim

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #16 on: May 26, 2005, 04:16:55 pm »
The same dwarf from the day before enters, a wooden flute in hand.  The dwarf plays the instrument and dances about, as some people drop a few tria.

The dwarf then goes over to the two boxes, and examines the number of vote papers in each.  He frowns, knowing one has many more than the other, and decides to show pity to the other candidate.  The dwarf signs his name, and drops the paper in the box.

And then the dwarf goes back to his business with the flute, not wanting to bother this massacre anymore.

Darkblade

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #17 on: May 26, 2005, 04:51:09 pm »
An arrow smashes into the wall above the boxes, painted pitch black along its shaft, in stark contrast to the white paper attached to it.
Before a moment longs, a whistling sound could be heard, and another arrow impacts right above the black one.

It slit the bondings of the paper, and it twirled until it rested in the box...
Crazy am I. Not responsable for crazyness that ensues.

Am-Heh

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #18 on: May 26, 2005, 05:01:15 pm »
Originally posted by Pestilence
hmmm well not saying anything about the two candidates I think both are very deserving, but I have to admit I don\'t like how John Thazer is putting it. Sounds a lot like fraude if you get people becoming part of the council to chose candidates not to become octarch themselves but just to make sure their preferred candidate has more chance.

Standing ontop of his box, at the frount of the hall, Amheh throws a pottery vessal on the ground which shatters, spilling its contents all over the floor...Scaning the room he see\'s he has everyones eyes on him....

Hear Hear,
 I Amheh Devourer of millions, Second that motion...
 I fear that this type of fraudulent activity must not be permitted or accepted within our council or by any of the realms peoples...

John you talk about ensuring that two \"good\", Candidates be elected but already that have been tainted by your blatent disrespect for the other councilliors and your fellow citazins of the realm...

I Call for a re-vote, one in whch I am named as a cadidate. I feel this is the only fair course of action.

Muttering to a couple of his surrounding friends, \" I honestly believe there was no foul play, just Thandar trying to make his hopeless political carreer seem like it had a goal and purpose...Which of course it had little both.\"

Jumping back down from the box, he picks it up and starts walking around the room with it, so that anyone scared by Had\'s vacant stare, would not be put off casting there votes....

Turning his head around at the sound of arrows stiking the platered wall behind him, Amheh catchs yet another vote as it floats down from where it was attached.
 Nice one Depthblade, i knew i could count on you, the Diaboli thinks to himself.

Muttering to friends and ploting against enemies, Amheh talks to many is the busy hall, about there likes, dislikes and plans for the future... His box of votes feeling heavier as the day drags on...
« Last Edit: May 26, 2005, 05:11:10 pm by Am-Heh »

Darkblade

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #19 on: May 26, 2005, 09:42:10 pm »
As Am-heh tries to take the falling vote, another arrow flies through the air, and impacts between his outstretched fingers, halting his grab.

The vote settles into Nilaya\'s box as Darkshade walks into the room, his bow in his hand.

\"Nice try, Am-heh, but my vote goes for the person I deem worthy of the title \'Octarch\'. Which isn\'t you.\"

He gives Am-heh a dirty look what with the arrow between Am-heh\'s fingers

\"You\'re lucky I don\'t believe in unnessary hurt...\"

Darkshade removes the black arrow from above the vote box, then the one above it, the steel grating on the wall as the arrows gave way...

\"Try that with any other voters, and you\'d have me to deal with, not to mention Had.\"

Giving Am-heh a dark look, Darkshade walks quickly out the door...
« Last Edit: May 26, 2005, 09:43:18 pm by Darkblade »
Crazy am I. Not responsable for crazyness that ensues.

Am-Heh

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #20 on: May 27, 2005, 12:14:29 am »
Snapping the arrow in his hand, as if it were a toothpick. Amheh smirks back at darkshade who is trying to be intimidating....

\"Nice try Darkshade. Im less frieghtened of you, than young Had over there.... And he doesnt scare me in the least...\"

Casting a cheeky grin towards Had.

\"Take the Krans example.
Sample some of the fine food and hospitailty, that is on offer here today.
 Cavort with some of the pretty girls and don\'t mingle in my affairs. For my good humour, can only last so long....
« Last Edit: May 27, 2005, 12:18:26 am by Am-Heh »

Under the moon

• Forum Addict
  • Writer extraordinaire.
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #21 on: May 27, 2005, 02:42:44 am »
*Had lets Amheh take the box. No self respecting Dwarf would use it anyways. But This Amheh was beginning to make a disturbance of himself*

Amheh, if you wish to make the fool of yourself, I will be overjoyed to supply you with the tinkling bells for your ears and toes. Though I must admit you will have stiff competition from that Dwarf yonder.

*Had points his heavy staff at Uloim*

No? I thought not. You know as well as I that any vote entering that box of yours is meaningless. So I ask why you parade around speaking loudly of yourself to the wind? For I assure you, no one else is listening.

And now you speak of fraudulent activity? I saw what the Council?s vote was. Shall I repeat the names you wrote down? Particularly the name you signed as your own? I do believe the others in the Council would not be pleased at my words. Nor would you at their following actions.

So I ask you kindly, tend to your wound, cast your vote, and end this charade. I will not ask again. My next words will be the calling of the city guard.

*Had falls silent, hoping Amheh has the sense to let it be. Then, he feels something. Something familiar, yet strange. The same feeling he had in the Council Room. The unseen watcher was back again. But why did he feel such a kinship to this being? A kinship he felt only to other Kran and the Lemurs. But somehow different. Almost...opposite, but still the same. He scans the crowd, but sees nothing out of place. But the being was here...somewhere.*

[ooc]That was not an attack on the player behind Amheh, just so you all know. I find his ?interruptions? entertaining, and the player friendly and accommodating. The irritation and animosity are purely RP. :)

ps. I haven?t voted yet because I haven?t figured out which of my characters will be voting. Perhaps I will let Fate play its hand. Also, these elections will be playing some part in my third CoS story, tentatively named \'Chain of Souls; The Path of Fate\'.

TheRedMonk

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #22 on: May 27, 2005, 04:11:26 am »
OOC: As far as I know, John Thazer never spoke of his plan IC. He always said \"he thought\", so I the whole re-vote thing isn\'t very appropriate ;) Unless of course you read his mind...

Am-Heh

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #23 on: May 27, 2005, 04:51:28 am »
His grin remaining through out Hads speech, Amheh seems completely unfazed by the krans proclaimation.

\"tsk tsk tsk Had i thought we had an understanding you and I.... Im disappointed... sorely disapointed, in your actions and harsh words, I shant be forgetting such insulting behaviour anytime soon.

His tone still heavily laced with mockery,

As for these claims about me marking my own name down as candidate...
Of Course, how could I not.
 The thought of writing the name of another councillor, who in my eyes were inept and completely unsuitable for the position was something I could not bring myself to do....

Slighty more serious, his voice sounds as if almost being manpulated by another source..

When one has a vision, for his brothers and sister. When he feels that he must do all in his power to help advise and usher them towards the lives they want and so richly deserve.. The lives our people were intended to lead.
 Over the years swayed from there true nature and course. I want to restore the spirt of our men and woman so that once again they may chose there own path, not bound by the confines of anothers rules and regulations. Blood must be allowed to run freely in our streets, the strong will survive, the wiley prospere..

I have said before I shall not be kneaded and moulded to take the form of anothers desires nor shall rules ply me from my path.

i\'m just making it apparent to all here, there is another alternative... You may call there voice worthless...Many of your sort claim that.
It is for that very reason i fight. However I shant interfere anymore with this part of the election today.

An errie silence over the crowd, Amheh throws his box of votes in the air. A small explosion  and a puff of smoke...All those who cast there votes in Amhehs box, now have there votes returned to there pockets..This time it has there own name on it..With a small message that follows: Dont allow yourself to be swayed, continue following your path.

When the crowds eyes fall Amheh has disappeared..A few shaking there heads and smiling, know he wont be gone very long.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2005, 05:01:42 am by Am-Heh »

Kwip

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #24 on: May 27, 2005, 09:26:04 am »
*Kwip walking in stops as he notices the crowd, the boxes, and a commotion... Having been out in the forest studying the scrolls of an ancient scholar he is out of touch with events. Thinking that this is some sort of new food ordering service he writes down his order and drops it into one of the boxes and waits for his food to be delivered*

Hadarican notices this and walks over to explain things to the mightely confused one.

*After having been appraised of what is actually happens Kwip sits on the floor and thinks*

An arrow just missing him passes over his head, and still he thinks...

A pot is shatered as some maniac tries to disrupt the voting, and still he thinks...

Dwarfs climb his back to reach the voting boxes, and still he thinks...

*At last as the day gives the watch to the night he stands.  Walking over to the leafs of paper he grabs one, signs his unreadable name, and places the leaf firmly in the box that has writen on its side \"Nilaya Kaeli\".*
Lurking in that space between -             \The\____
 trying to see what is off both ends -        -----\Mad\_____
  but the confusion and chaos looks so fun -     ------\Bard\
   that I must now jump down twixt them both and dance the dance

steuben

• Veteran
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
(No subject)
« Reply #25 on: May 27, 2005, 06:39:07 pm »
\"i\'ve been in the fields too long,\" steuben thinks as he looks at the crowds. he had heard of the election. but, he hadn\'t really been following it.

he stands, for a while, watching the crowds as they vote. he shakes his head a little. he heads of to the tavern. they both seem capable and deserving. able to call the best people to assist them in their leadership roles. either will fill the role to the best of their abilities. if not, there are many ways, within the system, to change that fact. but, steuben would serve them. by skin, steel, or soul as needs require.

he smiles grimly as he progresses on his way. sometimes, the cheapest price for freedom is eternal vigilance. a price that he was willing to pay.
may laanx frighten the shadow from my path.
hardly because the shadow built the lexx.
the shadow will frighten laanx from my path.

Clover

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #26 on: May 28, 2005, 12:49:03 am »
Hearing of the election while on his journeys, Clover travelled many nights to visit the town he once called home and the people he once called neighbors, to support a dear friend.

Exhausted from the journey, Clover casts his vote for Nilaya and takes a catnap on the floor in front of the fire

<3 Nilaya  :]
« Last Edit: May 28, 2005, 12:49:45 am by Clover »
Ordo Illuminatis
Master in the House of Shadow
Official Tavern Kitty

__Taking an extended leave of absense from PS.

John_Thazer

• Hydlaa Notable
  • From the ivory tower, I gaze upon thee
    • View Profile
    • Chaotic Warriors
(No subject)
« Reply #27 on: May 28, 2005, 02:20:51 pm »
*Looks at Am-Heh.*

\"Perhaps it\'s time to silence yourself, my fellow. You wreaked enough havoc already, as it is. How many more insults do you have to send? How many more twisted speeches you have to give. If you so wish to become an Octarch, you will have to wait until the next time, like all of us, yes I shall enter in next elections. My plans are great and numerous, what ever you thought were my intentions, is clearly wrong.\"

You can try, but you shall fail! Seek us not, we shall find you.

Phinehas

(No subject)
« Reply #28 on: May 29, 2005, 10:22:32 am »
Phinehas watches the proceedings, mixed with the usual threats and counter-threats. After a few minutes of silent watching, he thinks to himself, \"It would appear that Nilaya is going to win. That is good, although she still is not Octarch material. I should have known better than to try and mess with politics.\"

Seytra

• Forum Addict
  • No system can compensate lack of common sense.
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #29 on: May 29, 2005, 02:13:05 pm »
*Walks into the hall, unsure what to do. Taking a paper she walks up to the boxes and hesitates.*
{It just doesn\'t feel right...}
*Puts the paper into her ragged bag and shakes her head.*
{Ah, well, I can vote later, anyway...}
*Curiously she peeks into the boxes and notices that Nilaya has by far more votes than herself.* {Hmm... doesn\'t look like I\'ll be Octarch after all...} *Is surprised to not feel sad about it.* {Odd. I\'ve come so far... yet now I\'m back where I started.} *Shrugging, she almost feels like a weight is dropping off her, and a grin shows on her face* {Nilaya is a good choice, for sure.} *still grinning, she notices the food and helps herself to a giant portion, this time able to enjoy the well-tasting diversity* {It was a stupid idea anyway...} *remembers the visions she used to cultivate in the past, way before anyone was even talking about an election, and lets out a slight giggle* {Dreams... they always show the pleasant sides only. Nice, though...} *leaning to a wall, she drifts off into day dreaming*