Author Topic: Adraax Klyro's City: Story Telling  (Read 6001 times)

Arangol

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Klyro's City Project: Story Telling
« Reply #30 on: June 11, 2006, 04:52:53 am »
Very nice!
If you keep up like this we will soon have a triology of Klyros history/adventures!
"The answer to all life's problems aren't on the bottom of a bottle, they're on TV!"-Homer Simpsons

Choose how the Klyros town will look like:
Klyros City Project
Klyros Names

Baldur

• Veteran
  • Disillusioning since 1989
    • View Profile
    • My Deviant
« Reply #31 on: June 16, 2006, 10:36:47 am »
People, remember. We still want stories about the place we're creating. This IS a community fan art project and the ideas we've gotten so far has made place to 2 "members" of this pack. Wannabe-writer,Writer-look-a-like, we do not care as long as you bring us new and exciting material to discuss on.

Please, check in on our main thread "Klyro's City Project" in the fan-art thread to gather info and check ideas, the link's on the first post of this topic. For those attending I was a newb on these forums just like you and it was first when I joined this project I really thought it was fun.

Join the nice guys of this Project and meet me along the way ;P

B.U.M.P. We still need your feedback and stories, full time or no time doesn't matter
« Last Edit: June 24, 2006, 04:19:58 am by Baldur »

kondrakier

• Traveller
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 28, 2006, 06:15:28 pm »
Some ideas:

Hjitani (hih-jeh-tahnee) - A net specifically designed to be strapped to the sides of two Klyro fishermen while underwater. This technique was perfected by some and admired by others. The proliferation of this technique also lead to the abundance of crab as it became very easy to make large swaths along the ocean floor. Since the abundance of crab became a main food source for many many years, accordingly the cooks had to come up with hundreds of ways to cook them to keep things interesting. Throughout the years the net became more specialized for larger fish, single fishermen and up to a dozen fishermen.
Tanil (Tah-nil) - A small pouch to hold the fish of a single fisherman.

Demaruk (Dehm-ah-rook) - A modified version of a spear introduced to them by another one of the races (pick one *shrug*, mabey as a truce token or a sympathetic gesture to imply that they needed to fight back against the opressors (haha)). Originally used for combat but ingeniously re-engineered to spear hard-shelled sea creatures with ease. A medium length shaft made of Lorigon (see http://hydlaa.com/smf/index.php?topic=23667.0) that comes to a 12" steel point that is spirally serrated around its circumfrence (sp?) (IE, Threaded like a screw)) on the back half of the point. The fisherman (or warrior) could then stab and turn and have his prey locked with no chance of escape.

If im on the right track with what you are really looking for on this thread then I will post more.
k-

Inca Sator

• Hydlaa Resident
  • Was born in USSR
    • View Profile
    • inca.my1.ru
« Reply #33 on: June 29, 2006, 05:16:46 am »
Kondrakier, i suggest this modifications:

Hjitani-->Hjetany [hajetanee] - i think it better to read/wright.
Demaruk-->Demarug [demaroog] - more hard and powerful end for word defining a strong spear-harpoon.

Can you take words from "Name" thread, but not inventing it by yourself. You are moving in right direction, but can you work more for Klyros City urgent needs ? (streets, channels et; check first post in this thread - it manifests the mission of this topic)...

kondrakier

• Traveller
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 29, 2006, 10:13:43 am »
I like your suggestions. However, I'm a bit confused now. Correct me if im wrong but isn't this the 'Lore' thread? Not the City Project: Names and Places thread? What I read at the top of this thread and my understanding of the meaning of the word 'lore' is to come up with bits of history, myth, legend, items of importance and thier stories, people and thier deeds.. so on and so on. It is also my understanding that all of the names/places/things in the 'name' thread were all 'made up' by different people. So in that respect, would it make sense to continue my train of thought in coming up with events/things in the past and how they relate to the present, being the fundimental properties of the definition of 'lore'?
I think the majority of us need a very clear explaination of what is needed on each thread, I see a lot of confused posters. Personally I think that coming up with lore and history will facilitate coming up with names and places more efficiently. I want to post a lot more but it seems no matter where or what I post its not what your looking for. Please help!

LARAGORN

• Veteran
  • Facts dont cease to exist because they are ignored
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 29, 2006, 12:07:13 pm »
Dont get dicouraged. Your Ideas are great. Inca just wants the "names" to be finished. Well more concrete anyways. The lore ideas will come. Dont stop with that, if you have ideas, keep em comming. Keep in mind there is a direction that has alrady been set, so working with that, and the people who have already worked hard on this would be great.

All great truthes begin as blasphemies- SHAW
Adraax KCP Adraax Forum

Inca Sator

• Hydlaa Resident
  • Was born in USSR
    • View Profile
    • inca.my1.ru
« Reply #36 on: June 29, 2006, 01:09:42 pm »
This is the story of tavern "Frunk Disherman" and it's owner - Phrung Eopt.
You can find it in port docks. Welcome![/b]

...Once upon a time there was a klyros named Phrung Eopt. He borned in prosperous family of tavern keeper Kleor Eopt. All his childhood he spent helping his father in tavern's kitchen, listenning to seafarer's tales of their sea adventures, farther towns and ports on the other side of Tendarin Ocean..As young boy he loved to run with his friends to docks to fishing choria and to watch the big klyron ships and cargo vessels. His favorite vessel was a big long battle shazzer - "Qerona"; there were a number of legends and amazing stories about this ship, it's brave crew and it's captain - Qint Keron (there was a rumor that his was a descendant of famous Runner - Ptar Qeron...)...
...So, at the age of 15, Phrung decided to left his home and make a start of his own Adventures. In the night, he sneaked to the "Qerona" and hid in the hold... And so, he spent the next 33 years on this legendary ship. An old cook Inqa Boozar (:D) took him by his guardianship, and so - Phrung found himself on the kitchen again... But after that he took part in many adventures, merited the respect of crew and captain and became an equal member of the team. After Inqa's heroic death (he was buried by his nolthrir friends on uninhabited island Tauantinsujah) Phrung became nautical cook...
...But times goes by and Phrung get older. He start to dream about his own calm wharf, building a tavern or bar, establishing his own family. He remembered his strange love - beautiful girl Exy Reena, he lefted long ago in one big Klyros City (what was it's name?). And so, the loving hearts reunited and Phrung hired some hammerweilders squad to build his one tavern. And he decided to name it in the name of his old mentor - Inqa Boozar - "Drunk Fisherman".
The signboard of tavern was designed as the big inscription above the porch roof - it consisted from sepparated metallic letters. But than the fun thing was happened :D Hammerweilders workers, who build tavern, called Phrung as "Frunk", and when they started to nail down letters to roof their had some misunderstandig and substituted first letters of inscription: Frunk Disherman.

....-Hey, what are you doing, man?! Who told you such heresy -" Drunk Fisherman"? Do you saw master-Frunk drunk? And he never be a fisherman - he is cook from "Qe-ro-na"!!! Rent this "D" letter out quickly, before i shove it in your...zzzzz!!! "Funk Disherman" - that is the name. It's your luck that master-Frunk didn't saw anything...

When Phrung first time saw the inscription of tavern - he scarcely avoided to join Inqa in Death realm :D But then, he burst out laughing - he understand that this was a valedictory compliment from Inqa, who was exceedingly merry and chirpy klyros...
« Last Edit: June 29, 2006, 01:13:47 pm by Inca Sator »

Baldur

• Veteran
    • View Profile
    • My Deviant
« Reply #37 on: June 29, 2006, 02:27:33 pm »
I like your suggestions. However, I'm a bit confused now. Correct me if im wrong but isn't this the 'Lore' thread? Not the City Project: Names and Places thread? What I read at the top of this thread and my understanding of the meaning of the word 'lore' is to come up with bits of history, myth, legend, items of importance and thier stories, people and thier deeds.. so on and so on. It is also my understanding that all of the names/places/things in the 'name' thread were all 'made up' by different people. So in that respect, would it make sense to continue my train of thought in coming up with events/things in the past and how they relate to the present, being the fundimental properties of the definition of 'lore'?
I think the majority of us need a very clear explaination of what is needed on each thread, I see a lot of confused posters. Personally I think that coming up with lore and history will facilitate coming up with names and places more efficiently. I want to post a lot more but it seems no matter where or what I post its not what your looking for. Please help!

LARAGORN

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 29, 2006, 02:30:31 pm »

:o
« Last Edit: July 02, 2006, 03:27:36 am by LARAGORN »

Adraax KCP Adraax Forum

Baldur

• Veteran
    • View Profile
    • My Deviant
« Reply #39 on: June 29, 2006, 02:43:53 pm »
A reply has been sent in our Main thread.

Please refer to storytelling in this thread.

Edit
-Added a "Completed Stories" section on the first post
-Added Kixie's "The Klyro's Tale"
« Last Edit: June 30, 2006, 02:33:04 pm by Baldur »

kondrakier

• Traveller
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 01, 2006, 03:01:15 pm »
It would be my pleasure. Might make sense to post it in "Stories" thread too.
*stretches fingers*

The Sharprock Cave Sanctuary.
Originally used as a refuge by travellers, the Sharprock Cave has gone through many transitions over time. The cave is naturally cut from the raw stone by endless lashing and countless beatings from high waves that reach the outcropping. Appropriatly named Sharprock, the cave has a natural  sharp point that juts out from the base of the mouth and points out over the edge of the cliff, somewhat resembling a horn.
It was the 20th day the men had been gone. Four woman sat in shadows waiting not knowing if this was the day that they would return. It was a fit of madness some say as to what the women did next. Fueled by the anguish of love and the need for resolution the four women vowed to seek out thier chosen mates and fathers to be. As the women stalked the edge of the high waters, one by one other women from the coastal areas ran out to them and pleaded with them to come away from the cliffs and to seek shelter to keep safe the next generation they held at thier whim. The four women never stopped for counsel or shelter but regardless, they ended up at the Sharprock Cave with a total of nine women. Dedicated to the safety of the expecting, vulnerable woman, the five women suggested that they take harbor in the cave until what looked like a black storm had passed. Little did they know that they would be spending the first week of 4 newborns lives together in the Sharprock Cave. With the determination and courage of the 5 women, dubbed "The J'ran Almon (Guardians of the Sun)", all of the women and 4 new children came out of the cave on the 10th day tired and hungry but overall unscathed. To this day the frmale children who have decended from the nine women have sworn an oath to protecting the children of the klyon nation and make regular pilgrimages to the Sharprock Cave, now known as The Sharprock Sanctuary, out of respect and honor. In the end, the men came home to a ferocious feast and fatherhood. They related a similar story of taking refuge amidts the storm in a sheltered harbor on an unknown island. No klyron has been able to find the island spoke of by the men, nor did they ever question it.

Been a while since I have written in this style, hope it came out right.. Was in the voice of a historian relating this story to a young woman on the issue of pride and heritage.
Let me know if I need to alter anything as far as female klyron swearing oaths and protecting children and such.

k-

kondrakier

• Traveller
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 01, 2006, 03:32:42 pm »
holy crap. this is the stories thread....  :-\

Baldur

• Veteran
    • View Profile
    • My Deviant
« Reply #42 on: July 01, 2006, 03:43:57 pm »
Yup, as we decided events would be published in the Stories / Lore Thread

COMMON ANNOUNCEMENT!

We now have a Wikipedia on the Main Thread's[ Klyro's City Project] first post, containing all the info you need about the Klyro's City Project easily accessed through a search tool or browsable links, check it out!

I'm going to broadcast this across our topics, better to inform those interested and viewing then keeping them from an even more easily browsed tool.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2006, 04:11:10 am by Baldur »

Baldur

• Veteran
    • View Profile
    • My Deviant
« Reply #43 on: July 19, 2006, 06:26:59 am »
*cough*Bump*cough* :P :whistling:
Just keeping this alive while i'm gone :)

LARAGORN

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 28, 2006, 12:08:21 pm »
Just read the stories here again, man they are good :)

Adraax KCP Adraax Forum