Author Topic: Community Built Story  (Read 5878 times)

Nalain Tarek

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
Community Built Story
« on: July 16, 2006, 02:51:20 pm »
On a night with a large thunderstorm there is born a menki his mother and father died when a bolt of ligntning hit their twining tails. 20 years later hes working in the new ojaveda blacksmith he works as an apprentice for the dwarf trasok.  He repairs weapons for customers who already bought his massters wares. Suddenly a customer appears in a wisp of smoke . . .

This is a test of the story writers out their to see how a cummunity handles working to gether to make a story anyone can do anthing with any character show me what you got :lol:
« Last Edit: July 17, 2006, 01:06:58 pm by Karyuu »
Poet, Scholar, Traveler, average guy.
Iers, Strathus, Devitus, me.

zorbels

• Forum Addict
  • Screenshot Queen of PS - EX GM - Strawberries <3
    • View Profile
Re: cummunity built story
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2006, 06:13:58 pm »
This type of story writing has worked in the past wonderfully and has already been tested.  :D Glad to see someone else starting up a new story though, I quite enjoy these kinds of things. Community story for all to join - AKA:Yliakum Journeys (vol.1)

>~>~>~><~<~<~<

Zorbels approaches the menki with a irritated look on her face. "Can you fix my long sword? It got bent out of shape when an ulber got ahold of it. I will pay you well. This sword means much to me as it was a gift from a friend." Zorbels looks at the menki with hopeful eyes and then reaches out her hand for a handshake "My name is Zorbels and yours .....?"
« Last Edit: July 16, 2006, 06:25:44 pm by zorbels »
   I've been outside, it's overrated and the graphics suck!

miadon

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2006, 06:26:00 pm »
"My name is Xagred, it is nice to meet you Zorbels. I can not charge such a beautiful fenki, consider this repair free of charge". Xagred starts to do his magic and starts to repair the sword. Meanwhile Miadon also enters the smiths shop and sees Zorbels at the corner of his eye.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2006, 01:07:50 pm by miadon »
- MiadonCam (Refresh page to see live in game Miadon Action!!)

zorbels

• Forum Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2006, 01:04:19 pm »
Zorbels smiles happily "So this means you can fix the sword Xagred. That is wonferful! I was worried it was broken behond repair." Zorbels turns her head slightly and see's miadon in the corner. He seems abit flushed and speaks to her in a quiet tone. Zorbels smiles at him and motions with her hands that she didn't hear him. "Xagred I am going to go sit with a menki friend of mine. Just let me know when you are done, and I will pay you for your work. I insist." She turns and walks to Miadon half dragging her bag behind her on the floor. "Hey you, good to see you. What brings you to the smithy shop Miadon?"
« Last Edit: July 17, 2006, 01:15:38 pm by zorbels »

miadon

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
Re: Community Built Story
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2006, 02:22:16 pm »
"errr nothing really, just looking around" replied Miadon who was obvioulsy acting all shy and looking down at his feet.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2006, 06:45:51 am by miadon »
- MiadonCam (Refresh page to see live in game Miadon Action!!)

Arka

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Knowledge Seekers
« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2006, 06:33:59 am »
Arka pokes her head round the open doorway and sees Zorbels sitting in the corner, deep in conversation with a menkie. Not wanting to disturb her she approaches the counter and waits for Xagred to finish working on a long sword. She can see it's in a pretty bad way, but not beyond repair. In Xagred's skilled hands, it will soon be as good as new. Watching him work, Arka remembers how she used to help her father, Golthart, at his forge. How proud he was when she finished her apprenticeship! But that was so long ago and her smithing skills are not as they used to be.

She has come to see Trasok, but he doesn't seem to be around. There is no hurry; for now she is content just to stand and watch Xagred complete the intricate weld. He is exquisitely skilled and the molten metal flows just where he wants it. Arka is completely transfixed by his sheer skill.

"It is so easy to get this wrong", she thinks, "but then, he does have one of the best craftsman in Ojaveda for a master." She remembers her first clumsy attempts at welding and winces. Her father had laughed and she was nealrly in tears. But then he showed her where she had gone wrong, how to coax the liquid metal into the cracks. How she missed him!

Arka sighs out loud.

« Last Edit: July 20, 2006, 12:55:53 am by Arka »

Nalain Tarek

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2006, 10:59:17 am »
Xagred finishes the blade and turns around to see 2 more people at the smith. "Ah zorbels your blade is finesed although i have never seen a blade with such fine details who did you say gave this to you?"

zorbels

• Forum Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 19, 2006, 11:17:03 am »
Zorbels smiles at Miadon as he shyly looks at his feet. "I have come to get my sword repaired." She hears Xagred calling out to her and turns her attention toward the apprentice. "Oh that is wonderful news Xagred! Thank you so much. I reveived this sword from the master of entertainment himself, Sir Proglin. He named it after my lust for hunting ulbers. You are fixing the one and only Heart Of Fear. Zorbels says proudly while admiring Xagred work.

Zorbels hears a small sigh and looks to her right "Arka! Hello, how have you been? I didn't even hear you enter the shop."

Arka

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Knowledge Seekers
« Reply #8 on: July 19, 2006, 11:59:22 am »
Arka smiles widely. "I may not have your feet, but I'm learning how to walk quietly," she says with a wink. "I was just watching young Xagred here and thinking of the times I spent with my father at the old forge. He's done a really good job on your blade. Even I would have trouble to tell it had been repaired. So this is the famous 'Heart of Fear'? It certainly looks the part." She views the longsword with admiration.

Remembering why she came, she asks Xagred if his master is at home.

Nalain Tarek

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 19, 2006, 03:04:14 pm »
Xagred looks worried "Im afraid i dont know where he is two days ago he left to get some materials from the hydlaa mines he should have been back yesterday"

zorbels

• Forum Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 19, 2006, 04:30:59 pm »
Zorbels looks at Xagred with concern "There has been no contact? This doesn't sound good, your master is always at this shop. He wouldn't stay away to long, he lives eats and breaths this place." Zorbels looks at Arka and nudges her softly on the shoulder "You up for an adventure? We could go on a quest to look for Trasok. I haven't been to the mines in quite some time though, I think it would be good to have a guide so we won't miss areas." Zorbels waits for Arka to answer while deep in thought thinking about who could help her navigate her way around the mines.

Arka

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Knowledge Seekers
« Reply #11 on: July 19, 2006, 04:38:28 pm »
"The mines? He could be almost anywhere down there. We'll need some help."

Arka looks thoughtful. "Maybe Xagred could recruit some more people to search - we could go on ahead. I know most of the mines, although my memory's not what it used to be. I hope he's alright!"

Arka rummages through her bag and pulls out an old battered notebook. "It's a few years old now, but I made some maps." She looks at the date on the cover of the notebook and realises it's over 90 years old.

"Hmm, maybe one or two shafts have been added since then," she mumbles.

Nalain Tarek

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 19, 2006, 05:39:28 pm »
Xagred rushes to the door saying "i'll Be right back Toda has a few maps ill go see if i can get them besides she owes me a favor"
when xagred leaves he quickly writes a note and leaves it at the broken door inn it read

all yliki that know the mines or are willing to find a dwarf by the name trasok please go to the blacksmith

Xagred returns with a map in hand

(I may use an alternate character named Gimish every now and then once we get to the mines)
« Last Edit: July 19, 2006, 05:46:37 pm by Nalain Tarek »

zorbels

• Forum Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 19, 2006, 05:55:25 pm »
Zorbels chuckles as Arka flips through the battered notebook. "My that is an old book friend. Well, it should prove to be useful. There have been knew maps made since that books time but I am sure your book will include certain areas forgotten about." zorbels gathers up her stuff. "I will head to my house and pack up about a weeks worth of food and supplies. I will also hunt around to see if I can find others who would be willing to help on this search. How about we all meet back here tomorrow earlier morn, just as the crystal starts to shine?"

Nalain Tarek

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 19, 2006, 07:05:05 pm »
Xagred frowns "we should leave soon but we will need a few more than 4 People"