Author Topic: Community Built Story  (Read 5877 times)

LARAGORN

• Veteran
  • Facts dont cease to exist because they are ignored
    • View Profile
Re: Community Built Story
« Reply #15 on: July 19, 2006, 08:02:53 pm »
“grrr ..this wont do…crap!...grrr…” Ostrax Klagg looks over his shoulder and sees Trasok inspecting lumps of iron ore. “Why you mad, mister blacksmith?” He asks. “All garbage, all of it!” Trasok replies. “How you make good sword from garbage, Mister blacksmith?” Ostrax asks. “Ah you know of my work, do you kran?” Trasok asks as he continues looking over the lumps he has chipped away from the cavern wall. “Ostrax buys many swords and stuff from Mister Blacksmith. You no remember Ostrax? Me likes stuff from Mister Blacksmith.”

Trasok Looks at Ostrax and smiles “Yes I do remember you now Ostrax. Are the daggers serving you well?” He recalls the dim witted, happy Krans difficulties in choosing the daggers he had crafted. “Me love daggers, I have nice daggers, want to see Ostrax’s daggers” Ostrax replies with a big grin. “No no, remember I made them. This is the worst ore I have seen in ages. I can’t use any of it. Can I ask you a favor Ostrax?” “Ostrax loves to do favors. What me do for you Mister Blacksmith?” Trasok Looks Ostrax in the eyes and tells him what he wants “I need to go down this shaft. It is the only one left with the quality of iron ore I need. I need you to keep an eye out for me, cause it is very dangerous down there.” “Ostrax watches you.” He says with a smile “Want see Ostrax shiny daggers?” “NO! Just keep an eye out ok?” Trasok snaps. The smile leaves Ostrax face “Ok Ostrax watches you”

Trasok starts to make his way down an old abandoned shaft.

All great truthes begin as blasphemies- SHAW
Adraax KCP Adraax Forum

Arka

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Knowledge Seekers
« Reply #16 on: July 20, 2006, 01:10:08 am »
Arka agrees to meet Zorbels in the morning at the forge. Seeing Xagred's imatience she turns to him.
"The mines are dangerous. More dangerous than you could imagine. There's no point us hareing off down there if we put ourselves at risk. We don't want you to have to come rescuing us. Trasok's no fool. If he is in trouble he will have the sense to sit tight until help arrives. And he's unlikely to have broken the first rule of mining; never go alone. Someone will know where he is."

She bows to Zorbels and her friend. "I have a few things to arrange myself. If we are to explore the older shafts we will need climbing gear. The old iron ladders will have rusted away by now. I have most of the things we need at home, but if you can find some extra rope, that would be useful. Make sure it's strong and light and not too old. Our lives may depend on it. Don't worry Xagred, we will find your master."

So saying, she sets out to seek out a messenger. There are a few things she needs to arrange before the morn.

Nalain Tarek

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 20, 2006, 12:02:56 pm »
Xagred looks nervous And pulls a rope of pure silver out of a chest and hands it to zorbels "Trasok told  me that this was made of pure silver but it had a spell apon it to make it move like a rope, He is a master smith..." Next he pulls out a golden Flute And starts to play a beutiful melody and the whole rooms feels warmer "this is a magic flute i made although i had to take it to levrus for the magic to be worked into it..."
« Last Edit: July 20, 2006, 12:04:47 pm by Nalain Tarek »
Poet, Scholar, Traveler, average guy.
Iers, Strathus, Devitus, me.

LARAGORN

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 20, 2006, 01:33:17 pm »
Ostrax continues to mine, feeling the weight of his Mining pouch on his back. “Almost full Mister Blacksmith, me likes to dig” He looks around seeing no one “Where you go Mister Blacksmith, oh yeah he go in hole”. “Me get two more and go, bag is heavy” Ostrax gets his final two iron ore. With a pouch full to the top with 50 pieces, he looks around with a scowl on his face. “Me was to do something. Me cant remember what me is to do…….Oh yeah, when bag is full, go sell to Harny Blacksmith for to get trias, that’s what me to do” Forgetting his promise to Trasok, Ostrax heads out of the mines.

Adraax KCP Adraax Forum

Arka

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Knowledge Seekers
« Reply #19 on: July 20, 2006, 01:38:46 pm »
Arka waits by the gates, hoping to find someone on their way to Hydlaa. After a short time, a young menki appears carrying a rough bag on his shoulders. Arka hails him and takes a piece of paper from her satchel.

"Good day mistress," says the menki.

"Good day," says Arka, "from your appearance I gather you are on your way to Hydlaa?"

"I am."

"Splendid. I have an errand for you if you will take it."

The menki eyes her suspiciously. Arka pulls a red Octa from her purse and holds it out, "Of course you will be rewarded."

All traces of suspicion melt away like the morning mists. She now has his full attention. "Please take this letter to Terenak Elganesh. He is a young Dermorian, one of my students. You will find him at the University - hopefully in the library," she adds with a smile.

The Menki nods, eager for the Octa.

"He will pay you the rest when you hand over the note."

"The rest? Why, thank you ma'm," says the menki, his eyes shining. He was on his way to Hydlaa to seek his fortune. It now looks like he will find it.

"One more thing," says Arka before she hands over the coin, "You must get this to him tonight. I'm trusting you."

"Your trust is not unfounded," says the menki, bowing so low that he nearly topples under the weight of his shoulder-pack. Arka suppresses a giggle before he straightens up again. And with a wave of his hand he disappears round the corner on his way.

"May the Gods speed you," says Arka to the disappearing messenger, suddenly serious, "I need you Terenak, I really do."

Spetyco

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 21, 2006, 11:58:21 am »
A young Ylian stumbles into the blacksmith shop and pulls out two sword hilts.
"Hey, Trasok!  Are you around?  I had some...err... problems with my swords.  I don't suppose you have anything stronger do you?"
Looking around Spetyco is suprised to see Trasok isn't around, only an apprentice.
"Hey there!  I don' believe we have met.  My name is Spetyco, Ranger of Yliakum, an who might you be?  And where is good ol' Trasok?"
We can fix this, but you're gonna need a butter knife, a roll of duct tape, and a car battery.

zorbels

• Forum Addict
  • Screenshot Queen of PS - EX GM - Strawberries <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 21, 2006, 12:42:17 pm »
Zorbels takes the rope of pure silver from Xagred. "This could prove to be very useful." Zorbels looks at the rope with awe as it shimmers in the azure crystal light. "I must go pack up now." Zorbels heads out of the smithy shop making notes in her head as to what to gather for supplies for the up coming trip.

At home she begins to pack food and other sorts of supplies. She writes a note to satayne telling him of the events and where she will be for the next few days.

Dear Satayne:

I have been informed by Trasok assistant that he has not come home after his trip into the mines. I have volunteered to go looking for him with Arka and who ever else may join. I should be back no later than three days, if I am not then please send word to gather a search party. I am not sure what we are dealing with or why he has gone missing. Take care my love and I shall miss you.

Love: Zorbels

After a good nights rest Zorbels loads up her pet Tefusang. She pats him on the head "We are going on another trip old boy, This migh very well be one of your last. " Zorbels mounts the tefusang and heads for the front gate of Akkaio with thoughts racing though her head trying to figure out what to expect.
   I've been outside, it's overrated and the graphics suck!

Terenak

• Wayfarer
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 21, 2006, 01:19:10 pm »
The candle is nearly burned out. The library is silent except for the rhyhmic snoring and the spluttering candle flame. A young Dermorian sleeps, face down, his nose buried in a huge leather tome.

Faltering footsteps break the rhythm of his breathing and a nervous face peers round the velvet curtains in the doorway.

"Mister Terenak?" says a squeaky voice.

The Dermorian does not even stir.

The young menki edges forward, uncertain of what to do. He's never been in a library before and certainly not one as vast as this one. He makes a vow to himself never to go to University.

As he draws level with the sleeping elf, he feels the tickle in his nose. The dust from the books and his nervousness are conspiring against him. Quickly he fumbles for a handkerchief but is too late. He sneezes loudly, blowing out the candle flame, plunging the library into darkness.

"Wha...? Who's there?" roars the Elf. The Menki tries to run but is stopped by a bookcase. He sinks to the floor, covering his head as a shower of heavy volumes cascade over him.

An eerie blue light suddenly fills the room. He finds the courage to peer out from underneath the mountain of books to see the Elf, now fully awake with a large crystal in one hand and a cruel-looking dagger in the other.

"Show yourself"

"Please s-sir," stammers the Menki, "I only bring you a message. D-don't hurt me."

Terenak laughs with a throaty chuckle. "Then you had better give it to me."

Terenak's laughter hides his own relief. He was expecting far worse than this. He has been hiding in the Library ever since his announcement about Xillix, the leader of the Vespers of Laanx. He had no idea what had got into him. Sov Head had started it and encouraged him. It seemed the right thing to do at the time, but ever since, he had been looking over his shoulder,,,

He puts away his dagger and starts unloading the books. Underneath was a very sorry-looking menki. In his hand is a crumpled piece of paper, which he holds out nervously. Ternak takes the paper and starts to read.

"Terenak. We are in a bit of a fix and I need your climbing skills. No time to explain now but I need you to meet me tomorrow at the Temple with all my climbing gear and as much rope as you can lay your hands on. Oh, and give the menki an Octa. I hope you were nice to him.  Dol Garartth, Arka"

Terenak is intrigued by the note. He is equally nervous about meeting Arka in the Temple. The place was swarming with the Vespers. But he couldn't let her down. A small cough breaks his reverie.

He peers at the menki. "Are you still here?"

"Umm.. the lady said s-something about a re-reward?"

"A reward?" he booms, "For disturbing my sleep and wrecking the library?"

The menki looks crestfallen and Terenak chuckles again. "Here you are," he says handing out a new shiny Octa. "Don't spend it all at once!"

Bowing and scraping the menki backs out of the library, tripping over the curtain as he reaches the door. Jumping to his feet he scampers off down the passage.

"Work to do" says Terenak to himself, packing up his things. He can leave tidying the books till the morning.

« Last Edit: July 21, 2006, 01:21:46 pm by Terenak »

Spetyco

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 21, 2006, 02:15:07 pm »
Xangred recounts the events to Spetyco and so Spetyco decides to join in the search.
"But first," looking at the sword hilts in his hands, "can I buy a couple of swords?  I had an..err.. accident with these.  I sort of fell into a hole a little while ago on a campaing trip(except we never really did any camping), and must have done some damage to these because I was hunting a trepor a few days later and the swords kinda broke."
So with two new broadswords in his possession, Spetyco set out for the mines. 
"I hope I run into somebody I know.  I think I'll grab an ale before I leave Akkaio though."
« Last Edit: July 21, 2006, 02:41:05 pm by Spetyco »
We can fix this, but you're gonna need a butter knife, a roll of duct tape, and a car battery.

LARAGORN

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 21, 2006, 02:57:30 pm »
After selling his ore Ostrax went to the tavern for a meal and something to wash the dust from his throat. The meal wasn’t much for a Kran, but it was enough to hold him over for a while. “Me thinks Ostrax should be some place” he thinks to himself. “Maybe Ostrax need lay down” As he was looking for a place to stretch out, he new there was something he should be doing, or somewhere he should be. “Daddy always said, listen to voice in head” he recalls, “But what voice say?”

After making his way to the grass behind Harnquists, he found a nice soft patch to lie on. Quickly he fell asleep. Not sleeping for long, He awoke with a start yelling “Mister Blacksmith!” Remembering the promise, Ostrax ran as fast as the large clumsy Kran could. He was back in the mines in a matter of minutes.

“Mister Blacksmith!.....Mister Blacksmith!....Mister Blacksmith?” He shouted and called out for Trasok, but there was no answer. After calling for hours, Ostrax sat on a rock and started crying. “Stupid Ostrax. Me is to do what told. Stupid, stupid, stupid” Being exhausted from the lack of sleep and the run back to the mines, Ostrax cried himself to sleep.

Adraax KCP Adraax Forum

zorbels

• Forum Addict
  • Screenshot Queen of PS - EX GM - Strawberries <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 22, 2006, 12:48:36 am »
Zorbels approaches the gate in seach for Arka and party members who might be joining on this quest to find Trasok. "Arka you actually beat me! Zorbels says in surprize but with a huge grin spread across her face. "I have everything we need for supplies." Zorbels pats the bags filled with food and other items on the tefusangs back. "Do you think others have heard of Trasok's disappearance? Do you think help will show?" Zorbels looks at her friend with a hopeful gaze. "I guess we should wait abit to see if others will arrive.

In the mean time ..." *She pulls out a couple of potions and a small bowl* "I am going to mix these potions up for us so that it will help protect us. It is a protection spell but in a liquid form. It lasts twice as long then the  ritual to cast the protection spell." Zorbels concentrates as she speaks unknown words to Arkas ears very softly while mixing the liquids together. She works to prepare enough for at least two other people besides here and Arka. When finished she packs the small vials away carefully and hands one to Arka. "Here, this may come in handy. Keep it close." Zorbels smiles and sits at the tefusangs feet to rest while waiting for others to show.
   I've been outside, it's overrated and the graphics suck!

Terenak

• Wayfarer
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 22, 2006, 01:50:27 am »
Terenak leaves the library and climbs the stairs to Arka's lodgings. Pushing open the door, he quickly finds a candle and lights it. He knows where to find the climbing gear - Arka and him have been practising lately on the crags just outside the gates. They were planning a trip to the caves by the Bronze Gates later that month. Opening the large chest in the corner of her room her takes out wedges and spikes, a small hammer and wire fastenings. There is also a light rope-ladder. "That should come in handy," he thinks to himself.

He carefully packs it all into a neat backpack. "Now for the rope"
« Last Edit: July 22, 2006, 01:56:50 am by Terenak »

Arka

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Knowledge Seekers
« Reply #27 on: July 22, 2006, 01:59:33 am »
Arka smiles. "Well, actually I have nothing here to pack. I was just visiting Trasok. I've sent word on ahead. One of my students will be waiting for us at the Temple with my climbing gear. There may be some that join us in Hydlaa, I guess."

She watches, fascinated as Zorbels makes up the potions. She would like to ask her about the language but doesn't want to interrupt her flow. She hopes they won't need to use them, but gratefully accepts the precious phial from her friend. She wraps it in a scarf and hides it deep inside her satchel.

"I should check at the forge - Xagred was asking people to muster there I believe."

Leaving her backpack by the gates, Arka wanders over to the blacksmith's shop.

Spetyco

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 22, 2006, 07:50:45 am »
After grabbing an ale and discussing current events with Brado, Spetyco leaves the tavern and heads towards the gate.  Then he sees Zorbels, "Lady Zorbels, greetings.  Have you heard the news regarding Trasok?"

Einnol

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Plakkem Hverrjanor Guild
« Reply #29 on: July 22, 2006, 10:05:07 am »
A Stonebreaker approaches the gate to Akkaio.  On his back, he carries a pair of small battle axes and a rock pick hangs from his belt on his right side.  As he nears the gate, he takes a pair of tefusang teeth from a small sack and then spots a couple dear friends of his.

"G'day Lady Zorbels.  How are you today?" he calls out.

He comes to a stop when he reaches them and bows to Arka, "Dovoy' Noskirt.  Kalid dem?"