Author Topic: Snakewall Ruins  (Read 1330 times)

Lidren

• Wayfarer
  • Wotanskald
    • View Profile
Snakewall Ruins
« on: August 08, 2006, 03:42:55 am »
This is my first, hopefully of many, rp threads. No fighting, though in later threads we can arrange fights online as they come up here. To those of you who have yet to read me, greetings!

The area you just passed from left you fatigued and perhaps injured. Here you enter into a place of peace. Glowing mosses and lichens coat the high vaulted roof of this cavern, as well as many of the half crumbled stone walls within it. Another light, of a campfire, colors the higher walls toward the center of the ruins.

A soft melody floats out to you at the same time as the smell of roasting meat. The song is an Enkidukai one, but the words are not being sung. It is a soft melody, full of longing and sorrow. If you choose to stay hidden to see who makes camp, you easily find a vantage over the cookfire.

A small Enkidukai, even for his race, sits on his haunches next to the blaze. He holds a stick with a slab of dark meat in the fire, and he is the source of the song. His fur is dark brown striped with black and grey, three long claw scars run from his right ear, over his cheek and down to his shoulder. He wears only brown leather pants, though a woolen cloak is laid out nearby. On the cloak is a leather bag lying open, containing only other provisions and a pair of torches.

If you approach, he looks up from his cooking and half smiles.
"Peace, and you are welcome..."

Otherwise...

Occasionally, he looks away from the fire and sneezes. Then takes several breaths as his nostrils flare. After this happens several times, he nods to himself and leans the stick on a rock to continue cooking. He rises to a crouch and moves very nearly silently around his camp, peering into the crevaces of the ruins. With each step coming closer to where you are concealed.

Mirashi

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
Re: Snakewall Ruins
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2006, 10:15:51 am »
Mmm, mysterious. I don't quite get what it's about, but I'm expecting a few more parts. This was like...character descriptions right?

Join The Naruto Online Multiplayer Game Naruto-Arena.com

Lidren

• Wayfarer
  • Wotanskald
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2006, 12:52:40 am »
OOC:

Its an introduction to a scene. Think of it like this. Thats my character, and thats where he is, and what hes doing.
Posting it here was an invitation for other players to have their characters find the scene, and hopefully, interact with my
character.

You could reply with what your character does...

Try and hide from the keen senses of an Enkidukai, or step out and say hello?

Think about it. Its a somewhat more free form roleplay than you would find in game, constrained by rules.

Feel free to insert your charachter into the story, my character is pretty lonly so far.

Baldur

• Veteran
  • Disillusioning since 1989
    • View Profile
    • My Deviant
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2006, 07:01:42 am »
Run, run, move, move. Alastone charge through the forest with a focused look upon his face. " Where could those Rogues have gone". He stops and listens tensely. Krack! Slowly he turns his eyesight towards a wall of stone. Slow and determined he goes forward, eyes focused on a light spot which seems to emanate from inside the mysterious ruin. Adrenaline rushes through the stoneman's veins as he reaches the end of the forest and a he reaches a wall in front of a bonfire. A Menki sits by the fire. His face is not showing. Something is cooking. Alastone waits.

"Welcome, please join me", says a kind voice.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2006, 05:54:25 am by Baldur »

Lidren

• Wayfarer
  • Wotanskald
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2006, 09:46:46 pm »
OOC:

Points for responding, though ruins are hardly a forest...

IC:

The catman waits to see the response of the stoneman. He looks slightly suprised to see the new arrival, since he gives off little to no scent.
He waits, flexing slightly as he sees the tense demeanor of his visitor.

Baldur

• Veteran
    • View Profile
    • My Deviant
« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2006, 05:43:52 am »
OOC: Now that's fixed, and I changed this story a bit too ^_^

IC
:Suprised, tensions that were to be used for battle loosen up and he gets the same marble soft face as he'd always had and had helped alot during his short time in Hydlaa. Still, wariily, he watches the many decayed walls as if the two villains had thought of ambushing him once he sat down. Nothing happens. He scouts for hidden clues to who this cat-man could be. Nothing unusual. He sheaths his and gives the Menki a polite smile.

"How do you do? I am Alastone Alabast" a rumbling voice responds.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2006, 06:07:47 am by Baldur »

Mirashi

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2006, 10:22:34 am »
OOC: Alright, I see what you're doing now. I might add my character into it. I didn't know this was a free roleplay, sorry.

Join The Naruto Online Multiplayer Game Naruto-Arena.com

Baldur

• Veteran
    • View Profile
    • My Deviant
« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2006, 02:04:51 pm »
OOC: You're welcome ^^

Lidren

• Wayfarer
  • Wotanskald
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 10, 2006, 07:37:41 pm »
The Menki smiles and pulls the speared meat out of the fire.

"My name is Oriok, and I am better for somones company. These caverns are not safe."

He puts the meat on a flat rock and sprinkles some seasoning over it. He pulls a short eating knife from his bag and looks up.

"Would you care for some?"

Baldur

• Veteran
    • View Profile
    • My Deviant
« Reply #9 on: August 10, 2006, 09:41:19 pm »
The stone man first looks down on the  meatknife, laying on a rock beside the sterak, and then on Oriok.

"I'd love to"

He picks up the knife and exactly when he's about to take his first bite a loud shout is heard. It comes from Oriok. They watch each other for a second and then the small Menki slowly reaches for the knife and grabs it. He cuts the steak in half, then puts one piece on Alastone's lap and one he grabs for himself. With the taste of metal still in his mouth, the Kran sprinkles a pinch of ashes he found close by the bonfire. Alastone smiles.

"Well, that'll have to do!", he says "Cheers!"

A long time passes, them eating, numb by the pressing silence which is only broken by the fires' "krack's". The glowing glen, alike fireflies, make the most beautiful fragrances as they change from blue, to red, to yellow to a color a man, much less a Kran, has ever seen. His mind nudges on where the bandits, who managed to get away could be now, has gone, but only nudges. He dreams on. sitting by the fire, in a glen, inside a world he has always loved and protected.

OOC: I managed to screw up. I posted the original text, which is in my native language. That should be fixed by now.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2006, 05:24:50 am by Baldur »