Author Topic: The Battle...  (Read 516 times)

Canute

• Wayfarer
    • View Profile
The Battle...
« on: February 09, 2003, 12:58:57 pm »
I looked up to the stars as I heard the screams of my comrades falling to their deaths. I then saw the battlefield. The men slashing each other, falling down screaming.

The battle suddenly ended, their men retreated as more of us came in, the retreating men splattered everywhere. At thick red liquid was painted all over the field. I gave out a loud battle cry as I began to run towards the enemy. I was a follower of Odin, the lord of the slain, and god of wisdom, battle, runes, and poetry. If I had a choice of my death I would die bravely in battle and go to Valhalla where I would fight without death and consume all the pork and mead that I could ever dream of. I laughed as I saw my comrades fall, there were going to this place. I kneeled beside a fallen soldier and pulled the axe out of his head when I was suddenly stuck by an arrow.

I woke up expecting to be greeted into Valhalla. I saw a large cluster of object moving towards me. It became bigger and faster. It must have been at least 5 minutes till I notice what it was. I realized I was still alive, lying on the field, wounded. It was the other group, they were suppose to be here to support us, an unorganized yet ultimately successful raid. Too late for their taste of battle. They helped me up, I grabbed hold of the axe that I took out of the soldier\'s head, and used it as a walking stick to get back to camp.

It was a small temporary camp, we only planned on using it for   3months, after this final attack we would head home. We had gather a large portion of silver and gold from the our raids. Some members went to a farm that night and took 20 pigs in all. We had a feast, mead and pork. It was great, never was I so delightfully full. I must of passed in and out of consciousness several times that night.   I went to my tent and fell fast asleep.

In the morning I arisen, we grabbed everything and put it into our long ships. There was great happiness among everyone, a successful raid and now returning home to our families. We decided to take the English course home, which is just taking the North Sea to Norway. Before we sent out we prayed to Njord to allow safe voyage across the seas. Njord was an understanding and helpful god, not one drop of rain did touch our ships\' journey home.

Home, I missed the the tender smell of freshly turned dirt from my farm. I was returning home. I couldn\'t wait, soon I was about to be back at my farm.

We hit the shore took our portions from the raid and headed to our farms.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2003, 02:20:18 pm by Canute »

Valfaran

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2003, 01:15:09 pm »
((Just a question...you put everything in first person...is the next person supposed to respond as the same person?))
« Last Edit: February 09, 2003, 01:15:38 pm by Valfaran »

Canute

• Wayfarer
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2003, 02:19:16 pm »
((Do whatever you want))