Author Topic: Firestorm's Role Play Thread  (Read 923 times)

Firestorm

• Traveller
    • View Profile
Firestorm's Role Play Thread
« on: January 25, 2002, 05:13:37 am »
In this thread one must follow my basic rules. Do Not Vere from topic or setting, and Do Not post a lot more than other participants. Posts should be a minimum of 10 lines long, and the story should be added to in a carefull way so as not to conflict with that of an earlier writer. This is strictly creative writing and therefore does not involve Any Personal Characters. I am a moderator, and in posting here you abide by my rules. Thank you and have fun.

And now I will begin the tale:

The beautiful and peacefull sound of the waterfall was all that could be heard, as the azure crystal shined its brightest. As Dentri awoke from his cave dwelling the blue light shined brightly in his eyes. It reflected the moving of the waterfall at his cave\'s entrance, creating an elaborate patern on the rigid walls. Dentri was helped to his feetby his old father. Today was yet another day of adventure in the city for this ordinary dwarven theif.... or so it seemed. Dentri walked from his secret cave dwelling, and emerged from the bottom of a waterfall, spaning for miles upward until the first plane. After but a few minutes Dentri stood in a grassy field stretching for as far as the eye could see. After walking for a short time upon this field, there before him stood a cave in which a loud snorting and grunting could be heard. Dentri unlocked the cave entrance wire, and released Galnuru. Galnuru unleashed its wings and stretched itself to a full twelve foot wingspan. Once he had stretched he aproached his master, who gave him a large rat as a treat. Galnuru then accepted his master upon his back, and Dentri began to fly in an upward spiral at a miraculous speed. Jentra were of the strongest variety of pterosaurs and were increadibly powerfull creatures. The wind dried off the wet dwarf, and by the time the first level was reached, even Galnuru needed rest. The two landed near the edge of the first level, and drank from the river which ran over the edge. The city of Yliakum basking in the sun, was a truly beautiful site, from where they stood half a mile to its west. Dentri mounted his pterosaur and they were off, on to the city of Yliakum to plunder from the rich, and to find themselves adventure in the city\'s depths.....

Firestorm

• Traveller
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2002, 07:29:40 pm »

ninkwi njadro

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2002, 03:14:18 pm »
dentri landed galnuru in yliakum he got off and walked towards the city after a minute or 2 he entered the city of yliakum. after wandering around for a few minutes he saw his first victim a very rich ylian. it had white hair and a lot of gold around his neck he was wearing a long fur coat. Dentri walked closer to the ylian and inspected him. \"yes\": he softly said because he had spotted the man\'s money. It was tied around his waste in a little leather bag. Dentri kept following the man waiting for his change.The man stopped and walked into a shop. Dentri looked up at the sign it was a restaurant. the man walked up to a waiter. Dentri was standing behind the man (who was talkin to the waiter and therefor didn\'t pay attention to Dentri) and tried to get the money bag but the man walked away. \"ay\" Dentri tought. \"sir can I help you\":said the waiter. Dentri suprised by the waiter quickly said:\"yes i would like some diner\". after he had finished his diner Dentri walked to the man who was just complaining about a fly in his soup. and he quickly grabbed the man\'s money and walked out. as he walked around the cornor he heared the waiter yelling:\" you lousy bum coming in here without money\" and he laughed inside himself.

Firestorm

• Traveller
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2002, 09:23:41 am »
After leaving the shop area dentri opened the money bag to find that there were few coins with in it, and its bulk were taken up by a leather glove adorned with jewels, and by a ring of silver, with a golden serpent entwined around it. Dentri realized now what had happened... He had stolen from a theif...
Dentri put the glove on one hand, and the ring on the other,
and to his surprise a flash of blue light came from both of his hands, and a blue translucent ball began to float between them...

Krog

• Wayfarer
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2002, 04:30:45 pm »
. . .   T he ball increased in size until it was the size of the nearby building. It shimmered in ever-translucent water-blue, emitting a powerful light. The citizens around saw this site, and came to awe it. Dentri did not want this attention, and tried to take off the glove. Surprisingly, it did not budge. In fear of being caught, he called for Galnuru. Up the beast rose, and swooped him away. The Blue Ball quickly diminished behind him with a \"splat \".  \"That was close\" he said as he looked at the immobile glove on his hand. Cursing while tugging at the glove, he found that it was beautiful to look at, and ceased tugging to stare at the glove. The firey blue gems glistened in the sunlight, and he noticed a diffrent colored gem. With a small nudge, the glove flashed a bright blue, and another Blue-sphere opened up before him. Without notice, Galnuru flew in, entering the blue abyss with a watery \"plunk \" . . .< more to come hehe, not bad for a first post? >

Firestorm

• Traveller
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2002, 09:00:10 pm »
PS FROM NOW ON <><><> BRACKETS ARE USED FOR COMMENTING, just to keep some order>
As dentri flew into the void a chill came over him.  He seemed to be within an infinate cube of ice, seeing only its reflective blue light, and not being able to move at all. This lasted for a matter of minutes, until all went blank and he found himself on the ground. He soon realized that this was not correct. He had been flying above a river, and now in his face down possition he found that he lay on a polished wooden floor.  Dentri slowly staggered, and then stood and as he did so he heard a smooth and melodious voice say in an accent foreign to him, \"Welcome to the palace of keyunar.\" Dentri quickly turned around to find that before him stood the most graceful creature he had ever seen.  Her skin was an oily black, and as she moved toward him it seemed as if she never touched the ground. \"My name is Senafiik, and being that you have not the headband of Keyun, you can not belong here... Guards...\" Only after two Large Kran entered the room, did its proportions become obvious to Dentri. This was one of the largest structures he had ever stood in, and unless it only had one room, it had to be larger than the great temple of laanx... To Dentri\'s luck, just as the Kran came within swords distance of him, another flash of light came from the center of the room, drawing all atention to it. With a loud snap Galnuru appeared, and at the quick gesture of Dentri knocked down the Kran with its incredible stregnth... and then... Dentri looked up....
In awe he trailed the walls upward,upward, and upward until he saw a dim speck of light. This must be a dream, Dentri thought. This single room spanned twice the distance from the second to the first level easily....
As Dentri got on to Galnuru, he realized that there was no way they could fly from this structure. Senafiik in the mean time was still in shock at seeing such a large creature enter her fathers palace. She ran to Dentri, realizing that whoever this was could probably help her escape...
< Just to let ya know i was thinking her father is king and wants to marry her off to scum so she naturally wants to escape... what do ya think... its up to whoever continues>

Firestorm

• Traveller
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2002, 09:30:18 pm »
message telling me so and it is done. When posting write as if telling a story, as if your character were the focus of attention -- sorry for so many instructions, but as i want this to become a book in the game I am trying to make things work well.>

\"Senafeek, or whatever your name is, why do you now approach me, and not flee,\" Dentri spoke in an accusing voice which echoed through the room infinately. After a long moment of awkward silence senafiik began to smoothly come even closer to Dentri. Senafiik took his hand, kissed it, and removed from her pocket a red band. She fastoned it to his head, and explained in a low voice her story. Her father, the king of Keyun, wanted to marry her off to a prince who was arrogant and scummy. She then appologized for fastening the band around his head without warning, but explained that it was so that they could leave through the palace undetected. Galnuru would be the only obstacle in their way. Just as this thought entered his mind, Galnuru leapt from the ground and began to soar upward toward the top of the room. Dentri, at first, thought that he must have decided on his own to attempt an escape via the top, but when he focussed his vision toward the heavens he mediately realized a creature falling from above. The creature was saved by Galnuru before his eyes, and Galnuru began to fly downward to bring this being to its master...