Author Topic: Jekkar's Death  (Read 3365 times)

Jekkar

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
Jekkar's Death
« on: April 17, 2007, 10:28:34 am »
After a quiet afternoon in the tavern, sturring up some bar fights, Jekkar heads on home to get some well earned rest.
He opens the door and steps inside, heading towards his bed on the cold damp floor. Jekkar's house has never been that of beauty and splendor, it was cold and practical like the person that inhabited it.

While walking towards his bed he hears a loud banging on the door sounding as if someone is trying to force his way in, turning around to investigate the banging stops.
Jekkar remains still for a second, things rush through his mind about this peculiar thing that just occured. What happened?
Have they finally come? Is this the end?
He knew this moment would come, he had payed off all his debts and accepted that he would die soon.
A minute passed, Jekkar was lost in his thoughts as finally the door was punched in.

My god...who are y-....

Stabbed in the stomach, Jekkar was dead instantly. The knife used was one of magical powers, it must have been.

But why? Who was this person? A bandit? No no...he didn't take anything of value. It must have been an assasin! No..he had taken care of those.
Then who, and why? It will forever remain a mystery. Jekkar had no friends left in the end, betrayed by many, Ignored and forgotten. He once commanded armies, he had helped build up tens of guilds.
Always dedicated and devoted, but never remembered for it.
He had led his last days of his life in the shadows. Sad and broken. Even the medals and decorations he carried were falling apart.

His corpse will rot on the cold hard floor of his little house opposite the Empire's plaza, until it becomes a skeleton.
Thus his life ends in a sad and unworthy way.
"A new day will come when those who rudely interrupt are swept away!" -Lereal

Aregul

• Traveller
    • View Profile
    • http://darkempire.xordan.com/?cat=1
Re: Jekkar's Death
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2007, 05:53:21 pm »
A ylian slowly entered the house, longsword drawn and held at the ready. He walked silently, pushing the door open slowly with the tip of his sword. When nothing came and tried to attack him, he lowered his guard...a little.

"Councilman?" he called.

He pushed the door open the rest of the way, then bit off a startled oath as he looked inside. He looked at the body again for any signs of life and briefly touched for a pulse, but all hope was gone, or at least well beyond this warrior's ability's. He took another step in, and scanned the rest of the room. Nothing. Besides the door, there was no sign of forced entry, or escape. He sighed once, then looked outside. He knew he should have brought back up.

The alert had spread throughout the Vaalguard, some person had seen the door of Jekkar's house thrown violently open, although that someone had not investigated. The Vaalguard had been told, but with it being spread so thin, the Sargent had to go himself. Now he had arrived, perhaps an hour after the murder judging by how the body had still been warm to his touch. He sighed again, and turned towards the door leading outside. A crash sounded behind him.

The Vaalguardsmen spun, drawing forth another longsword even before he had faced towards the room again. But, even to his keen senses, there was nothing. He narrowed his eyes, then without pausing, took another step out. With no further sounds, he sheathed his blades and ran towards the Vaalguard Outpost.

---------------

Lights were seen in Jekkar's house as Crystal Way Healers and Vaalguardsmen moved thoughout the house for the rest of the night. Nothing was found.

Aregul sat outside, idly playing with his dagger, spinning it though the air and catching it. Nothing was being found. He straightened and sheathed his dagger.

"Corporal!" he called to one of the guardsmen.

"Sir?" the guardsmen said.

"I will be leaving the investigation site, do not hinder any other possible investigators, just make sure the crime scene is not destroyed. Understood?" Aregul said.

"Sir, yes Sir. But, if I may ask, where will you be?" the Corporal asked.

"I have a few people I wish to see. Be on your guard Corporal." Aregul said before turning away. His armor glinting slightly in the torchlight, he faded down an alley. He would find out what happened to the councilman.

« Last Edit: April 18, 2007, 05:56:32 pm by Aregul »

Induane

• Veteran
  • What should I put here?
    • View Profile
    • Vaalnor Inc.
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2007, 08:52:37 am »
* The word of Jekkars death reaches Induane as he sits drinking in the Tavern.  Telles, a young member of the Community breaks the news to him as he has heard from members of the Vaalguard.

Telles:  Jekkar is dead.

[ There it was, plain as day.  There was no beating around the bush, no attempt at cushioning the blow. The words were simple and cold. ]

Induane: Dead? (sigh) I was afraid this would happen.

Telles:  Why? Did you know something?

Induane:  No... not anything in particular.  He just seemed to be waiting for his own death - like it was inevitable.  Zan offered to post him some guards but he refused.  He said he didn't want to be responsible for their death.  Still though..  I wish I'd been there.

Telles:  Do you really think you could have done something?  Weaponry isn't exactly in your training...

Induane:  Perhaps not, but I'd have died trying.  He had his demons but didn't deserve to die alone.

[ Maybe this is what bothered Induane most, but it is hard to say.  Still, its evident that Induane feels some guild in the situation.  Even he can't explain it though - it seems somewhere out of reach. ]

Telles: What would that accomplish?  Some sense of nobility?

Induane: When our first town was attacked he saved my life.  He didn't have to - he could have saved himself and not turned back - but he drug me out before the flames collapsed the guild house.   He was wounded in the rescue too.

Telles: oh

*long silence
[ There it was .. there wasn't much to say.  Death is death after all.  Some things just cannot be undone no matter how much one wishes it.  ]

Telles: Another drink then?

Induane: Yes, in Jekkars honor.

*Induane stands up, raising a foamy mug, spilling some on the bar below.

Induane:  Hear all! Today a man is dead.  Some of you know of him, some of you do not.  His name was Jekkar.  Do not forget it.  Whatever your view of him was, know this: his death was without merit - without just cause.  Remember that and remember him.  Do not focus on the flaws but instead focus of the man and all that was worthy in him, and no matter what - he at least deserves a drink in his name!

* Induane downs his beer then sits again as a few people grunt and down their drinks themselves. 

Induane: Another beer please.

* Induane sat there long into the night drinking.  Maybe it wasn't the biggest tab anyone had ever run up at the bar, but it was big enough to cause the bartender to raise an eyebrow.  Induane didn't make it home that night either.   He passed out drunk, rock pick in hand, near the goldmine he frequented.

Phinehas

« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2007, 03:49:12 am »
*Phinehas sat at his desk, three massive books laying open in front of him. He glanced from one to the other, one hand raised to massage his temple. There came a knock at the door, followed by the entrance of a young man, holding a list. He waited hesitantly, and then came forward at Phinehas' beckoning, handing him the list.*

As you requested, Master. It is all there. All that I could gather.

*Phinehas nodded as he began to read through the list. After a few moments he came to one entry that caused him to raise his eyebrows and slowly set the list down.*

So, Jekkar has died. That is unfortunate. I never did quite understand why he disliked me so. We had our differences, no doubt, but the man was a hero. I want something done in his honor.

*Phinehas opened a desk drawer and pulled out a pouch containing a substantial sum of money.*

Have a monument in his name built into the city wall, to signify the foundation he laid for future generations. Bribe whoever you need to... And while you're at it, hire a bard... a good one, to research his life and write it down. He will not be forgotten.

*The young man nodded, though unused to his master's outrageous wishes he turned and left, set in the understanding that what Phinehas Kreal wished must be fulfilled.
Phinehas stood slowly and shuffled over to the windowsill to pour himself a glass of the wine that was kept there. He raised his cup in the direction of the outdoors and took a slow sip of the wine.*

To someone worth remembering.

Deckchair

• Traveller
  • Ign: Yarrwin
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2007, 03:22:18 am »
sorry to be OOC,but does this mean Jekkar is not on Planeshift anymore? sorry once again
Yarrwin: "Look! A distraction!"
Hucirel: "Were? Were is it?"

Jekkar

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2007, 05:04:11 am »
(Until I actually feel like making a new character like his son or something you will still see me around. It depends on your character if you can notice him though. I know that sounds cryptic, but you'll just have to figure it out)

Deckchair

• Traveller
  • Ign: Yarrwin
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2007, 01:19:56 am »
i will try,
Yarrwin: "Look! A distraction!"
Hucirel: "Were? Were is it?"

Mrriyah

• Traveller
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2007, 04:18:21 pm »
Mrriyah has missed the news but has noticed the absence of the cranky smelly old 'true' Enkidukai. She wonders where he may have taken himself off to, or if he gave up on things and found a private place to end it all.

Ironstark

• Hydlaa Resident
  • LORD OF UNODIN
    • View Profile
    • Green-Flame Music
« Reply #8 on: October 19, 2007, 07:09:01 am »
well, a char called 'appirition of sadness' came to me...he said he was murdured and i have to do something to save the whole or yalikum...i havent seen him in months... : ::|

Raa

• Veteran
  • Halp meh...!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 19, 2007, 05:39:16 pm »
He was probably deleted for not having followed the naming policy.

Jekkar

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 20, 2007, 02:49:06 am »
Wasn't me. For anyone still caring, Jekkar is officially (if there is such a thing) removed, not deleted, from Yliakum.
Though I am still playing with a new character who is by the way loads more fun and enjoyable to be around with :P

Zan

• Veteran
  • Just a regular guy, with an irregular soul
    • View Profile
    • Photography
« Reply #11 on: October 20, 2007, 03:58:12 am »
I can vouch for that!

We'll miss Jekkar but the new guy is great. :D
Zan Drithor, Member of the Vaalnor Council
Tyrnal Relhorn, Captain of the Vaalguard
Thromdir Shoake, Merchant
Giorn Kleaver, Miner.

Grayne Dholm, Follower of Dakkru

Earl_Listbard

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 20, 2007, 01:39:33 pm »
Jekkar was a cool guy...

But most importantly im glad to hear his player is still around!

Ironstark

• Hydlaa Resident
  • LORD OF UNODIN
    • View Profile
    • Green-Flame Music
« Reply #13 on: October 20, 2007, 04:01:19 pm »
who is your new char anyway?