Author Topic: Trefalgr\'s Secret...  (Read 7865 times)

Kinoss

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #15 on: March 21, 2003, 04:26:21 pm »
(OOC: Previously before the attack)

The wanderer, who was highly exhausted, now rested in a somewhat large cotton bed. As he rested there he had nightmares of what was chasing him in the dark, and of his mission that lay so desperatly in his hands. At one point this wanderer awoke, and sprung from his lying position. Then in exasperation quickly laid back down into the bed. While he laid there he began to fade away again into his slumber, but the dreams of monsters long forgotten kept him from doing so. Then as he was just about to fall back into his tormenting dreams he heard a high pitched screech just outside his nearby window. He then sat up a little bit to see what it was. The only thing he saw were the cold blood red eyes of some strange beast scratching on the window. The wanderer then quickly rolled out of his bed and underneath it. The glass of the window then shattered, he could hear the faint steps of the beast as the claws of his feet touched the ground. The wanderer could then see that the beast was comming straight for his bed! Slowly, the beast stopped right in front of the bed. Then a hand appeared on the floor! The knee of the beast also appeared next! It was apparent that the beast was lowering himself to find what was under the bed, but the wanderer could do nothing. Confined in his small space beneath the bed, the wanderer said his last dying words \"forgive me, I wasn\'t brave enough...\". Then just as the beast was about to look beneath the bed, a loud noise was heard from outside the room. Also a roar of which the wanderer had never heard before. Quickly the beast rose from his crouching position and went out the door into the hall of the inn like the wind. Releived and even more tired than before, the wanderer finally passed into sleep.

Ravenmaster

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #16 on: March 21, 2003, 05:35:04 pm »
Originally posted by Trefalgr
Trefalgr replaces the amulet into his deep pouch. As soon as he secured te bindings, Trefalgr feels the cold blowing of the winds, the same evil feeling winds as before. Trefalgr would not be caught off-guard like the other taverndwellers. He readied his hand on the hilt of his sword.
 As his hand draws his sword, the dark form of a demon creature leaps thru the window. This demon is larger than the last, about the same size as Trefalgr. As the demon turns his head, his red eye scanned the room. Noticing Trefalgr, the demon rages and lunges. Trefalgr takes an evasive step in reverse, but this didn\'t cause the demon to miss, only lessening the blow. Trefalgr grunts from the pain, but he cannot be fallen so easily. He swings is blade in front of him unaimed. The edge of the sword hits the demon hard, slashing what Trefalgr guessed was the creatures arm. The demon jumped back, and paused. He looked at Trefalgr, seemingly impressed at Trefalgr\'s surviving even one blow.

(OOC: Uh, Trefalgr, it would be nice if you could keep your tense constant. You kept switching between present and past. I suggest you stick with present since that\'s what the first post was in. Kinoss: yours is ok in past because you stated that it was before the attack. Trefalgr, I am still going to write here, but not right now cuz I need to go eat and this takes time.)
You are here,
You will always be here,
You will never be there.
Although you may strive to get there,
upon reaching there you will realize you are really here.
And there is everywhere else.
-Spoonjoppa

Shaded

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #17 on: March 21, 2003, 05:35:15 pm »
Strange things indeed, and all i wanted was some ale in a nice tavern. This is no nice tavern! Shaded wondered why noone seemed to care for these ravens, she hates spies so allright i gonna do it. Out of that dark corner of the tavern from where she watched the scene and the first demon slained she now risses from from her stony seat grabs her bow and shot the first, the others somehow didn\'t realize so the second also become a full hit too but then they turned out their real faces some started to fly into her direction two others transformed into those beasts she never wanted to see again. the bow sings and the third falls to floor hit in the air, 3 of 7, good time / kill ratio but to keep it she was definitly in the wrong corner she thought and jumped over the table in front of her rolling into a position on her knees and shot the next which just missed her by flying by. \"Could someone care about the others please!\" she shouted into the room while jumping on the next table to hang on one of the ceiling bars and lifting her light body onto it, bringing herself into good shooting position while the last of these vampires started his transformation below her...
don\'t argue with fools, first they pull u down to their level, then they beat u with experience.

Ravenmaster

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #18 on: March 21, 2003, 06:17:33 pm »
(OOC: Rrg, Shaded, the ravens aren\'t evil. They\'re just birds. They\'re my friends. Why did you have to go and kill them?)

The remaining ravens scattered, flying out the windows.  Meanwhile, Salo, the adventurer who had left the inn was outside in a rage of evil wind.  He saw countless ghostly shapes hovering around and demons.  One demon leapt at his face, but a mid-air collison with a sharp blade stopped it.  In front of him, Salo saw the dark figure of the Ravenmaster.  He raised his sword and ran at the figure, in full fury.  When Salo was nearly upon him, the figure turned, as if warned by some invisible spirit and knocked Salo\'s sword from his hand with a sweep of his staff.  He then grabbed Salo by the neck and lifted him up to his face. Salo felt icy cold breath on his face and a smell like a very old library.  He could see nothing within the cloak\'s hood save to penetrating eyes.  A voice like ice sliding off a steel roof said, \"I am not the enemy, you fool.\" Ravenmaster then pointed his hand at the dark, where the demons lurked, \"Fight them if you want to help!\" Then next thing Salo knew, he was thrown through the air into the mob af waiting demons.  From the light of the inn he could see the sillhouette of the figure cleaving demons in half and the ravens attacking the demons in mobs.  Freezing claws ripped into his soft flesh and he felt the burning pain.  He reached backwards and grabbed the demon who had scarred him. With a twist of its neck it collapsed on him.  
You are here,
You will always be here,
You will never be there.
-Spoonjoppa

Shaded

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #19 on: March 22, 2003, 06:50:03 am »
ooc: i love stories where the creatures and characters described are not assigned to any side... sorry raven but it was not obvious to me...
don\'t argue with fools, first they pull u down to their level, then they beat u with experience.

Ravenmaster

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #20 on: March 22, 2003, 12:40:08 pm »
(OOC: Actually, you were supposed to assume the figure and his ravens were evil (and maybe they are), but after you killed one, the others would have just scattered, not attacked you or transformed into monsters.)
You are here,
You will always be here,
You will never be there.
-Spoonjoppa

Trefalgr

• Traveller
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #21 on: March 24, 2003, 02:05:43 pm »
As Trefalgr desends the wooden stairs of the tavern, he sees a slender woman jump down from the rafters. He notices a bow in one of her hands as she stands back up. A quick scan of the room reveils a dead raven with an arrow sticking firmly into it\'s neck. Trefalgr decides that the woman can be trusted.
\"What is going on,\" Trefalgr askes. \"Have the demons left this place yet?\"
She proceeds to tell him that she is not sure. She also tells him that the cloaked figure is still outside and another adventurer has went to face him.
Trefalgr winces in pain, partly because of his wound and partly because he fears the adventurer by himself would have no chance against someone of such great power.
\"I must go to his aid,\" Trefalgr finally declares. \"You seem to have a fine skill with a bow and arrow, I would kindly ask for your assistance, ma\'dam.\"
Trefalgr rushes to the door and stops. Looking back over his shoulder he says, \"If you do wish to help, you must not delay.\" And with that, Trefalgr runs out the door.
-We are all souls forged from blood, and in blood we made whole.-
                             -Bloodforge Creed-

Ravenmaster

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #22 on: March 24, 2003, 03:19:27 pm »
As Trefalgr rushes out the door, Gonnle shudders and starts moving.  He begins to stand up, blood and puss streaming from his eye socket.  His skin has turned a faint greyish purple.  He lets out a muffled groan and gets onto his feet, staggering.  He then picks up his hammer and splatters the closest man\'s brains all over the wall.  Another adventurer attacks Gonnle, slicing his head off with one fell swoop.  Gonnle, headless attempts to fight back, but is quickly diced to pieces.  Now only fiveliving adventurers remain in the inn, not including the man hiding upstairs.  The strong wind has died slightly, but is still strong, although not unnaturally so.  The wind can be heard howling outside and the darkness seems to be increasing.  Zahtek Kraken, the man who killed Gonnle the second time grabbed a torch in his left hand and ran out the door, following Trefalgr.  A barbarian by nature, he held a broadsword tightly in his right hand.  
You are here,
You will always be here,
You will never be there.
-Spoonjoppa

Trefalgr

• Traveller
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #23 on: March 24, 2003, 03:53:33 pm »
Trefalgr stops suddenly to survey the area. The dark cloaked figure stood at a distance from where Trefalgr had stopped. As Trefalgr stared, he felt the same icy chill he had before when the cloaked figure had first appeared.
From behind him, Trefalgr hears approaching footsteps. He glances behind him to see what it is. A well-built man wielding a rather large broadsword in one hand and a torch in the other came up to him. Trefalgr recognized him as one of the people from the tavern.
\"Who are you, stranger,\" Trefalgr inquires to the newcomer.
\"I am Zahtek, a barbarian and a warrior.\"
\"I do not see Salo anywhere,\" Trefalgr tells Zahtek. Just then, a loud cry comes from the dense forest. Trefalgr guesses that the cry is Salo. Thinking to himself, Trefalgr wonders why Salo was there and not here where the cloaked figure is. Nor had the cloaked figure attacked the two of them.
As if the cloaked one had read his thoughts, he mutters in an icy tone, \"I am not the enemy, the enemy dwells in the dark where your friend is.\"
Trefalgr, surprised by what the cloaked figure had said, glances at Zahtek. Zahtek returns the glance and they both agree silently that they must help Salo.
The warriors tightly gripping their swords begin to head towards where they had heard the cry.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2003, 03:56:50 pm by Trefalgr »
                             -Bloodforge Creed-

Ravenmaster

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #24 on: March 24, 2003, 07:38:57 pm »
As the two march into the darkness, a demon leeps at Trefalgr.  Had it not hissed as it jumped through the air, it would still be in one piece. Unfortunately for it, it hissed. Before the two can get far into the darkness, they see a figure of a man, torn and bloodied before them.  He forces his body forward and Trefalgr recognizes him as Salo.  He has numerous purplish scars on his body and a look of pain and horror on his face. He is unarmed and wearing only the barest thread of clothing.  He gasps as he sees his friends, \"The pain--\" he cuts off and begins breathing heavily, \"Unnatural pain! It\'s taking control of me! Please aaaaahhhhh!!!!!\" Zahtek notices the purple-grey tint of Salo\'s skin and whispers to Trefalgr, \"He\'s a zombie, watch out.\"  Salo hears the whisper and says faintly, \"I am not yet. I still have my sanity. You must--\" his face contorts and he screams in pain. He then charges at Trefalgr, death in his eyes.
You are here,
You will always be here,
You will never be there.
-Spoonjoppa

Trefalgr

• Traveller
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #25 on: March 25, 2003, 01:40:22 pm »
Trefalgr response quickly to Salo\'s charge, diving off to distance himself from the zombie. Trefalgr lands and quickly rolls to face Salo. Salo, stunned from missing his target. Salo turns and faces Trefalgr. Salo lets out an angry, low-pitched yell. Salo takes off again, but this time at Zahtek. The barbarian, not expecting the charge, steps backwards and looses his balance. Zahtek topples over hitting the ground. As Salo is upon him, Zahtek lunges his broadsword into the stomach of the creature. Being a zombie, the sword only haults Salo\'s forward movement. He slowly keeps moving towards Zahtek mauled hands nearly to his face. Just then, Trefalgr\'s sword slices Salo\'s head clean off. The headless corpse falls dead off to one side of Zahtek. Trefalgr helps him to his feet.
\"We shouldn\'t stay out here much longer,\" Trefalgr stays. \"This zombie is the worst of our troubles.\"
In the distance a group of dark figures begin to take form, silhouetted in the moonlight.
                             -Bloodforge Creed-

Ravenmaster

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #26 on: March 28, 2003, 12:16:25 am »
While Trefalgr is looking at the figures in the distance, Zahtek pokes him in the side and whispers, \"We\'re surrounded, look.\"  Looking around, Trefalgr realizes it\'s true.  A ghastly, cold, grating screem is heard, startling Trefalrg. He turns to look and sees Ravenmaster has been overtaken by a larger breed of demons.  He throws off two of them and decapitates one, but seven more attack him and hold him down.  Out of the night, a fire of black is seen.  A large figure weilding a huge flaming sword strides toward Ravenmaster.  He brings his sword down quickly at Ravenmaster\'s chest and hits dirt.  A flock of ravens protrudes from where the Ravenmaster just was and fly away into the night.  Trefalgr and Zahtek feel much less secure without their mysterious companion.
You are here,
You will always be here,
You will never be there.
-Spoonjoppa

Trefalgr

• Traveller
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #27 on: March 28, 2003, 03:03:55 am »
\"Close your eyes,\" Trefalgr says as he reaches into a small pouch, half hidden by his cloak.
Zahtek, sure why, does as he is told. Now in darkness, Zahtek can hear what he believes is Trefalgr lighting something. The smell of sulpher permeating the night air.
\"Are your eyes closed,\" Trefalgr asks.
\"Yes, but what for,\" Zahtek answers and asks.
\"This is flash-powder, it may confuse the demons long enough to cover our retreat. When you hear it explode, run for the inn. Ready? Now!\" A loud bang fills the air. A bright flash illuminates the dark woods. Screams follow the expolsion as the demons shutted as they are blinded by the flash. Trefalgr takes of in a dead sprint, closely followed by Zahtek.
As they approach the inn\'s front door a large demon charges at Trefalgr. The demon slams into him with his full force and knocks him to the ground. Trefalgr grunts as he slams against the ground. The creature quickly regains his stance over Trefalgr. Trefalgr turns over to face the demon. As he stands up, Trefalgr reaches for his sword. Nothing. He glances down at the ground and notices the sliver sword next to the demons foot. The demon pulls back his arm to deliver a letal blow. When just then an arrow sails over head and stops squarely into the demon\'s chest. From the inn door, the archer, Shaded, lets loose a second arrow, this time into the demons head.
\"Trefalgr, catch,\" yells Zahtek, tossing his sword to the defensless Trefalgr.
Trefalgr catches the broadsword, and quickly swings the blade, cutting off the legs of the demon. The large creature falls hard on the ground, heaves and goes limp. Picking up his own sword, Trefalgr hands Zahtek his sword. The two men run thru the heavy wooden door of the inn, slamming it behind them.
                             -Bloodforge Creed-

Ravenmaster

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #28 on: March 28, 2003, 03:32:49 pm »
When they get inside, Zahtek suddenly has a brilliant plan.  He grabs a keg of beer and instructs Trefalgr to grab a torch.  He wrips off his shredded shirt and shoves it into the hole in the beer keg.  He then opens the door and yells at Trefalgr to light the shirt.  As soon as it catches fire, he heaves it out the door with all his might.  The mob of blinded demons don\'t even see it coming...
You are here,
You will always be here,
You will never be there.
-Spoonjoppa

Trefalgr

• Traveller
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #29 on: April 01, 2003, 02:35:49 am »
(OCC: Sorry if it takes me too long to respond. The story needs elaborating on and I need time to think about where I want to go with it. Ravenmaster feel free to do two postes in a row here, it may help me decide where it should go from here. Thanks for your patience!  :D )
                             -Bloodforge Creed-