Author Topic: Ceremonies and Festivals of Yliakum  (Read 5040 times)

jaycol

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
    • http://salonatest.sa.funpic.de/CoD_banner1.jpg
Re: Ceremonies and Festivals of Yliakum
« Reply #15 on: October 27, 2007, 04:24:42 pm »
Ok I need to stop this here. I didn't want this in this thread. I'll open a discussion thread in "general discussion' for this topic so this one will be used as it was intended. I always hated scrolling through discussions when trying to read stories and such.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2007, 04:31:15 pm by jaycol »

Kieve

• Hydlaa Citizen
  • Creative Hack
    • View Profile
    • KRS MediaWorks
« Reply #16 on: October 27, 2007, 04:54:25 pm »
Don't fret it Jaycol, what you've got here is great - and easily adapted to whatever circumstances a character may desire.

Parallo, I think your wish for religious clarification has been made. Maybe get in touch with Jeraphon or Xililx and see if Settings might not be willing to offer some suggestions for a more theistic adaptation? I think we're still a ways off from any "official" standpoint, as new Gods are still being added. Heck, we've only got what, about an eighth of Yliakum's uppermost tier for a game world? I think there's a lot of room left to grow yet.

And just so I'm reading this right, Jaycol, this was posted as a framework resource upon which to build, yes? So whether your characters are religious or not, they should be able to work with it simply as a basic structure for a ceremony.
And of course, not being official, I would think you're all equally welcome to include other adaptations, interpretations, or entirely new ideas.

Parallo

• Forum Addict
  • Ꞇíꞃ Luıᵹ̇ꝺeaċ
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 28, 2007, 04:37:40 am »
Yeah, I was thinking of getting in touch with Xillix but I was scared :P He doesn't seem the type that likes to annoyed and I don't want to get on his bad side :P

Yeah, anyway, what I meant was that I don't feel right practicing any sort of ceremony that isn't something Sharven would do as well. I mean rituals are a huge part of religion and making up your own religious ceremony is tantamount to making up the history of the church. As for non theistic rituals, I'm not that bothered.
I suggest the statue of Laanx gets turned into a statue of Parallo <3. An NPC could never replace the huge hole he left in my heart when he died  :'(

Zan

• Veteran
  • Just a regular guy, with an irregular soul
    • View Profile
    • Photography
« Reply #18 on: October 28, 2007, 06:00:20 am »
This is a good initiative but everyone that uses this should keep in mind that it will most likely become invalid in the future. In my opinion a better way to go about this would be to back ceremonies with in-game sources like books, quests, NPC comments and slowly work out the player creations to exchange them with settings approved ceremonies.

One such example would be the Laanx contrition ceremony, for people who have fallen out of the grace of the Masquerade God, which can be experienced in a quest (can't say which one since that would be a spoiler :P)

Player created ceremonies and festivals are fine as well in my eyes as long as you don't clame them to have a long history but take them how they are. Newly created ceremonies and festivals. Take my old Festival of the Hunt, it was great and lots of people enjoyed it but I never claimed it to be something from long ago .. I just was the first one to implement it, hoping it might catch on as a regular thing. Sure, the Festival of the Hunt may have only been held once but there were loads of tournaments and festivals organised by others soon after it so my plan succeeded.

P.S.: Parallo, don't be scared to talk to Xillix or Jeraphon about settings stuff, they're good people, who like constructive feedback from the players.
Zan Drithor, Member of the Vaalnor Council
Tyrnal Relhorn, Captain of the Vaalguard
Thromdir Shoake, Merchant
Giorn Kleaver, Miner.

Grayne Dholm, Follower of Dakkru

Parallo

• Forum Addict
  • Ꞇíꞃ Luıᵹ̇ꝺeaċ
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 28, 2007, 06:06:35 am »
They may be good people and all but this would pretty much be just asking for more settings stuff that will be here in the future which is, in my opinion, tantamount to asking the devs for more skins and that sort of thing.
I suggest the statue of Laanx gets turned into a statue of Parallo <3. An NPC could never replace the huge hole he left in my heart when he died  :'(

Zan

• Veteran
  • Just a regular guy, with an irregular soul
    • View Profile
    • Photography
« Reply #20 on: October 28, 2007, 06:29:51 am »
I'd see it as asking if there is perhaps something that they already have lying about and wouldn't mind sharing ... or suggesting an area of future development to them. The Devs do what they think is best in the end anyway, they won't go out of their way for you but it can't hurt letting them know you're interested in their work.
Zan Drithor, Member of the Vaalnor Council
Tyrnal Relhorn, Captain of the Vaalguard
Thromdir Shoake, Merchant
Giorn Kleaver, Miner.

Grayne Dholm, Follower of Dakkru

Parallo

• Forum Addict
  • Ꞇíꞃ Luıᵹ̇ꝺeaċ
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 28, 2007, 06:43:17 am »
If I wasn't interested I'd hardly be playing :P

I suppose I should or maybe one of them will stumble across this thread and give their thoughts aswell as any info they have.

Xillix Queen of Fools

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 28, 2007, 02:44:15 pm »
No problem folks, we are currently working on material to add body to all religions. It will take time of course. As you all know I am very partial to Laanx and I have been very strict on my authors to make sure something of high quality makes it to you. The wait for this information is largely due to strict insistence on quality for the Laanx religion. Anyone who would like to pm their thoughts on any of the faiths is hereby welcome to do so.

More broadly we will give you some festivals and such as well. Ideas welcome in my pm box, or Braineel@gmail.com
« Last Edit: October 28, 2007, 02:46:18 pm by Xillix Queen of Fools »

Samno

• Traveller
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 14, 2008, 05:07:23 pm »
this thread was meant to suggest festivals and ceremonies right?  All I have read is a bunch of stuff on weddings, does anyone have ideas for holidays?  Maybe the Lemur creation day? Seriously though, we've discussed one ceremony in a thread meant for many.