Author Topic: Your Ideas on a New Project  (Read 526 times)

Aramara Meibi

• Veteran
    • View Profile
Your Ideas on a New Project
« on: October 09, 2011, 01:57:05 pm »
As of last night, my character Icerra has fallen into a sister induced coma, trapped within her own delusional mind. What I plan on doing is creating an alternate timeline/reality in which her delusions are carried out to their fullest extent, namely a dead Yliakum.

What I would like is some feedback and ideas on the medium in which the story is told. Something I would love to try is a graphic novel format. I'm thinking of creating page layouts once the overall story arc is outlined, and then letting other Planeshift artists and anyone who wishes to participate and contribute to illustrate a cel or whole panel. This will result in an "exquisite corpse" of artistic styles, while the storyline is fully controlled by me. The overall effect would be surreal, which lends well to the fact that it's all taking place in her mind.

Of course I could make it a full on exquisite corpse such as: http://piecesbooks.com/

but just by looking at that, you can see the multitude of problems that can arise. The surrealism would be taken up to eleven as it were and it would unravel into an extremely surreal stream of consciousness ordeal.... which is ok because it also makes sense in context... the main problem with this being that Icerra will be waking from her coma soon, and this project will take a lot longer to complete, if ever completed at all. Therefore, the Icerra that awakes may not be the same Icerra at the end of a full on exquisite corpse, since I have no control on which direction that takes or where it ends.

Although I have participated in some exquisite corpse writing exercises, I've never done such a thing in a comic format... nor anything in a comic format precisely, so this would be all new and experimental for me and any advice and help in this direction would be appreciated.

These are my initial thoughts; I'd like to hear yours.
all blessings to the assembled devotees.

Can-ned Food

• Hydlaa Resident
  • Many ask what The Can contains, but few will know.
    • View Profile
    • an OpenDocument Spreadsheet for planning your character's stats profile
Re: Your Ideas on a New Project
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2017, 09:57:57 pm »
DUH-WEETED
« Last Edit: November 13, 2017, 02:32:39 am by Can-ned Food »
Gedundk Kokro, kran
Ailela Belair, nolthrir
Hwokmar Cmar, ynnwn