Author Topic: A challenge to those who dare...  (Read 1746 times)

Daystar

• Traveller
    • View Profile
A challenge to those who dare...
« on: February 20, 2002, 12:47:10 pm »
This is a challenge to those who wish to duel with Daystar, the Klyros hunter.

We also need someone who can be the judge...

whitti

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2002, 04:52:27 pm »
I\'ll judge If you want, or I can fight...

Daystar

• Traveller
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2002, 10:34:26 am »
I accept your challenge. Who wants to be the judge.

Lenric

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2002, 05:23:29 pm »
I\'ll be the judge...make it good is all i ask.I also sold tickets and dont want to have to refund everyone.

Now do you 2 need a setting ?

Daystar

• Traveller
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2002, 12:02:51 pm »
Fine for me. I don\'t have any particular in mind.

ninkwi njadro

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2002, 03:22:48 pm »
I want a ticket have any?? left and how much are they??

Lenric

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2002, 12:09:26 pm »
You are being ecorted down a long corridor about seven feet wide.Your footsteps echoing on the marble floor as shimmering torches light your way.Two simple attendents dressed in brown woolen tunics walk with you .Each standing off to the right and left of you.
  As you move along the corridor towards whatever fates the gods have in store for you.You come to a gigantic iron bound door.
One of the attendants looks at you then knocks on the door . It raises slowly as light fills the hall.You can hear a vast amount of noise from several people outside.

Gazing out you see a circular space well over 50 cubits in width.With marble walls you estimate to be around 18 feet high.Your eyes stray for a moment looking at the teeming mass.Thousands of people watch screaming and yelling from the stands above.
 Your eyes make there way back down as you look upon the field you must contest for your very lives.It appears that the ground itself is some sort of metal.You notice three distinct levels to the metal rising to the middle.
 The first level is a rough track where you notice flames shooting up here in fiery jets. You notice you have about two feet along the path inbetween jets.It is around 25 cubits wide and it circles lower than the other two levels.
  The second level is about 4 and a half feet higher than the first level 15 cubits wide.You notice strange rods moving straight out of the ground in alternating patterns.You can only guess that they are very sharp. They seem to move in wide circles first appearing here then there.Thrusting out then sliding just as quickly down.
  The third level is hard to see from here.It appears to be a rotating circle that dips from time to time around 10 cubits wide.It looks like this is where you might wish most of the fighting to occur but with the dipping of the disk you might loose some footing if not careful.
Your attendents turn to you at a signal from some official in the stands.
\"Be ye ready?\" May you fight well .
saying this they back into the corridor and once again knock this time twice and the door lowers slowly with a resounding and final click.
You turn noticing that on the other side people are cheering for someone as they cheer for you on this side .
You hear a booming voice \"Begin\"
You know this is your cue. and the rest is up to you.

whitti

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2002, 03:25:55 pm »
*whitti, the bow and blade master looks around, and his mouth opens in awe. He is a light footed Dermorian, clad with a red and blue tunic with a leaf in the center, for that is the garb of a High Lord of the Azure way.

He readys his bow, and loosens the sword in his belt. He can see the rows of chearing- and jeering watchers, but the only thing that held his awe was his opponent...

Daystar

• Traveller
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #8 on: February 26, 2002, 03:29:04 pm »
As I gaze around the arena, I check my armour one more time before the battle starts.  I\'m wearing a very light spidersilk armor, enforced by dragon scales. I\'ve got two scimitars hanging crossed over my back, without hindering my wings. They are the Twinstars, Alilen and Asterath. Scouting the area, I start to prepare my Gift, the power of the Azure Way, the wild mana of the sky. I prepare myself for the worst, as I know this fight will test my prowess to the maximum.

Lenric

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #9 on: February 26, 2002, 03:35:02 pm »
The crowd above hoots and cheers as others jeer.If you were listening instead of focusing on your advasary .You would hear the sounds of money being exchanged as bets are taken and food and drink are brought to those seated above.

Daystar

• Traveller
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #10 on: February 27, 2002, 06:45:14 am »
With a gust of wind I launch myself into the air, and I use my wings to float to the highest level of the Arena. There, I unsheathe Alilen and Asterath and stand my ground, as I wait what my opponent\'s next move will be.

whitti

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #11 on: February 27, 2002, 02:18:45 pm »
*Whitti calmly focuses and shoots a brightly colered arrow.

The arrow swoops just over Daystar\'s head and cuts off the top off his ear.

Daystar

• Traveller
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #12 on: February 27, 2002, 04:22:18 pm »
* Daystar launches a wind gust against Whitti, knocking Whitti almost from his feet*

whitti

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #13 on: March 02, 2002, 01:42:10 pm »
*whitti calmly lands back on his feet and swings his bow over his back, and handling his sword.

\"ALDONIS DERMORIA !!\"

*whitti charges forward on his light footed feet shouting the battle cry of his ancestors

Daystar

• Traveller
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #14 on: March 02, 2002, 04:35:27 pm »
Daystar readies the Twinstars and meets Whitti\'s charge. Swords flash, steel clatters, and the Twinstars glow bright with Crystal magic, as they swirl around, testing the Dermorian\'s defense.