Author Topic: Quest for the ShadowLife  (Read 8336 times)

dark_blayde

• Traveller
    • View Profile
Quest for the ShadowLife
« on: March 13, 2002, 10:36:47 pm »
The Elf everyone calls Elrick stands on a bench looking at a crowd. Elrick scans the crowd intently looking for those special few who he knew would be the ones he was looking for.
  \"I am going on a quest, a dangeroud perilous quest. A quest for something only told in children\'s stories as they go to sleep. A quest for the ShadowLife!\"  Elrick stops to let this settle in into the crowd. scattered gasp and members come from the crowd. \"The ShadowLife, for those of you who don\'t know, Is a device that lets one control Shadow Magiks and energy, giving them almost absolute power. I need party members. Who will join me?\"

farsareck

• Traveller
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2002, 03:02:54 pm »
(OOC: warning. Far. isn\'t exactly official. He is an illegal half breed and will become a full blood of one of his two races when the demo comes out.)

Giving a small grunt of dissapointment. Farsareck pricks up his ears as he hears the elf on the stage thingy talking.

\" Lowsy elves.......but Karneth was an elf.......mabey this one knows him or his family....................\"

Jumping off the front of the steps he quickly glides over the crowd to land in front of the elf.

\" I\'ll join you. \"

(OOC: will have a a desc. and info. on Far on my topic in the Newbie area it still wont load and i not have time to type it.         Far. )
I may be going down. But so are you, and you and you and you and you and you................................

kyalin

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2002, 03:16:49 pm »
Out of the crowd came a stout but strong looking dwarf, sporting a double sided battle axe with imprints of dragons seared into the metal.
\"I shall most humbly join your quest, though magic is not something of much concern to a dwarf such as myself. I would rather see you have the shadowlife than some drunk fool, so I shall help you obtain it\"

(OCC: I havent really posted anything on this or even been in character before so dont laugh yet ;) )

ninkwi njadro

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2002, 03:59:29 pm »
a white enkidukai steps out of the crowd and aproches the bench on wich elrick is standing. The enkidukai is carrying two katana\'s on his back.He also has a scar on his face going over his righteye. Starting on his forhead and ending on his right cheek. His eyes are blood red and filled with anger. or is it evil? Then he suddenly speaks with a low marsh voice:\"I too will join your quest. But first we must decide what I gain in doing so\"

[ooc]: I wanna be a mysterious character for a while.

kyalin

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2002, 04:11:54 pm »
\"My good man, this is not a quest for personal gain.  We MUST do this to dstroy the evil of the shadowlife, or give it to a trusted one for safe keeping. Now come my man what is your name.  I am kyalin, son of kragoth, dwarven lord of Marlok at your service *bows*\"

Kyalin then reached into a pack on his back and pulled out a small canteen of beer and began to sing merrily.

Tearlach t'an Ailech fin Leros

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2002, 08:29:21 pm »
A man slowly steps out in front of the others, he is wielding no weapon, and his clothing is of that of a farmer, his flesh is pallid and reveals that he is a lemur, he speaks in a soft voice: the hands blessing upon you strangers, in battle against the evil, remember that a sword is the very essence of darkness, do not try to kill evil cause murder makes him stronger, but my cause is your cause for the time being.
This shadowlife is evil and we are the protectors of innocence, darkness will never rule.
Join The Order Of The Hand .
The rules are being updated, mail me if you are interested in knowing them.
\"Down in their hearts, wise men know this truth: the only way to help yourself is to help others.\"
Never take life seriously; nobody gets out alive anyway.

dark_blayde

• Traveller
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2002, 09:03:40 pm »
Elrick nods to the one he thinks is a famer.
  \"Yes you are absolutely correct my friend. Now that we have a big enough party I think we can start our adventure. But first we\'ll stay at the Eagle Inn so we can get better aquinted with ourselves. We can\'t go out adventuring knowing nothing about each other.\"

kyalin

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2002, 09:38:54 pm »
\"Ah ha. An inn.  I do hope theres a bar.  I havent had a good drink since I left Maklor.  Some good ale would hit the spot I do say.  Let us go, but maybe a good sleep will be better, considering there is a lot of road to be covered tomorrow.\"

Kyalin turned and started heading for the inn, as the others followed.

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #8 on: March 16, 2002, 12:07:37 pm »
When the party is sitting in the inn the stranger dressed in simple farmer clothing pulls out a heavy money pouch and says I pay the first run, and for the introducing I am Tearlach t\'an Ailech fin Leros and I am first councilmember of the Order Of The Hand, our main goal is the preservation of kindness, friendship and many other virtues.
Our guild is still small so anyone can join should you be interested, as a matter of fact the council is not fully formed and those places can be taken by anyone who joins the Hand.
\"Down in their hearts, wise men know this truth: the only way to help yourself is to help others.\"

kyalin

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #9 on: March 16, 2002, 12:35:02 pm »
\"As you probobly all know, I am Kyalin, son of Kragoth, dwarven lord of Maklor. It is good to see one of your stature here tearlach, and your clan sounds noble in ideals, but watch who you let in, or you may find your self overrun with greed and evil, but come now, who are the rest of you?\"

-Raeon Volune-

(No subject)
« Reply #10 on: March 16, 2002, 10:35:11 pm »
Well, as all of you may or may not know I\'m Elric Lunarian Elf. The reason I search for the ShadowLife is because of an ancient prophecy of an extinct race coming back from the dead and taking whats rrightfully thiers: The ShadowLife. Now according to my calculations the prophecy should be coming true in about a week or so. But our problem is that the sacred realm where the ShadowLife is held is 3 weeks journey. I fear that we may already be too late though, for we are not the only ones looking for this ShadowLife. And all who search do not have pure hearts.

ninkwi njadro

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #11 on: March 17, 2002, 03:28:05 am »
the enkidukai speeks:\"My name is long since forgotten. I am an orphin. I was raised by 2 two dermorians who found me.The gave me the name of ninkwi njadro. Our elven friend should know the meaning of it but for all of you who don\'t know it means white rat. I do not know much about an ancient exctinct race but I shall help you for the time beeing. I think my skills will come in quite handy.\"
Then he looks at tearlach and says:\"You of the order of the helping hand are beeing foolish! The way of the sword is not evil if properly used. You may walk upon us warriors but do not get in the way. For then you will stop us from destroying evil.\"

[ooc:] kyalin have U been reading lotr?? o yeah I am still young in this story. and not evil yet. maybe the shadow life corrupted me. anyway I am a ninja. And i tought some controversy in the group would be nice so tearlach don\'t be offended. As for all of you others I
won\'t kill him or something. I just like some arguing and stuff.

has every1 introduced himself?? then we can go now or is there any1 who wants to join.??
« Last Edit: March 22, 2002, 03:38:15 am by ninkwi njadro »

Dwinney

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #12 on: March 17, 2002, 09:37:22 am »
ooc: Introductions aren\'t done yet. There\'s still farsareck. And if you don\'t mind, I\'d like to join in.

Midway through the introductions, a young Ylian slams down an empty tankard of ale. Yelling loudly, the attention of a shapely barmaid is captured, and she waltzs over to retrieve the vessel. Meanwhile, the human stands up, withdrawing a bluish sword from his holster and throwing the holster to one side. The heavy weapon shimmers in the dim light of the tavern.

He is dressed in a leather jacket , with a white, loose shirt underneath. Deep blue pants stretched to his feet, practically covering two tall boots. A piece of red string and a luminous green jade hangs down from his neck and over the old jacket.

The Ylian walks towards the group, dry wood creaking with the strike of each boot against its cold surface. Something about him puzzles the others; his short stature and unblemished features suggest that his age is around 15, but his body is robust, sporting well honed muscles that are usually present only in trained warriors. His bronzed skin gleams menacingly under the light.

When he is just a metre away, he hoists the sword easily over one shoulder, and smiles. His eyes are twin black pools, alight with an odd brewing of fire. Not piercing, but not soft, either. They are orbs with well-constructed walls, built to resist any form of invasion. Orbs in which nothing would ever penetrate. Not while he lived...

His gaze too, is one of confidence, defiance and ruthless abandon. It is one in which his enemies would cower under.

\"Hello,\" he says. His voice is low and deep, strung with hidden intent. \"Name\'s Galeic,\" He pauses to savour the moment, then continues. \"I am willing to join your mission.\" Another pause, each one calculated with deadly accuracy to instill fear. A toil of light brown hair falls over his eyes as he speaks.

\"That is, if you will have me.\" This was not a mere sentence. It was a statement that expressed complete and total self-assurance. It was a challenge...

ooc: sorry about leaving the name out. I guess I kind of forgot about that... ;)
« Last Edit: March 19, 2002, 03:33:49 am by Dwinney »
When our hearts both beat in time,
There\'s magic in your smile,
It seems there\'s nothing we can\'t do.

And within your warm embrace,
My heart will find a place,
Even from afar,
Our love forever shall be, destiny.

Excerpt from L2EB  

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #13 on: March 17, 2002, 02:07:20 pm »
Remember this \'White rat\' that when you cut down a tree with an axe who of the two is the most damaged?

The tree can if left alone regrow whilst thee sap of the tree stains the axe making it corrode and rust, who is the most damaged?

the tree is harmed but will survive whilst the axe corrodes, remember that evil first makes you kill evil and then it says kill the innocence and you say yes, remeber that ninkwi cause your road may be long and twisted, hard and lonely, but even when your walking that path the order will try to help you, straighten the road, take the rocks from your back, giving you comfort, you need never to kill to triumph over evil, cause there is only one way to the light but many to the Fall, and not all of them are a counscious act of will.

and you my young Ylian what is your name?

ninkwi njadro

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #14 on: March 17, 2002, 02:19:10 pm »
The enkidukai speaks once more:\" and how will you stop an evil goblin from killing you without a fight?? That\'s right you don\'t! You just get killed yourself. And I as a bushman axed down a whole bunch of trees and never a tree regrew. Not one!! But let\'s stop arguing. We will see who will succeed in battle. The sword or the light. Not that don\'t allready know the answer.Now you said this ancient race will come back in 1 week and traveling to the shadowlife takes 3 weeks. So stop talkin and start walking.\"
Ninkwi Njadro walks to the door looks at the group and sais:\"now come on what are you waiting for??\"
« Last Edit: March 17, 2002, 02:20:55 pm by ninkwi njadro »