Author Topic: Quest for the ShadowLife  (Read 8335 times)

Tearlach t'an Ailech fin Leros

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #30 on: March 19, 2002, 03:30:22 am »
How are you going to afford it?
If we buy eight, I say we should have ten for all ths supply, the petrosaurs and we need to eat you know, they cost 45000 trias, that is if we buy ten 450 000 trias and if we buy eight it will be 360 000 trias.

After a little paus Tearlach adds.
and the gods have much to do it I can tell you, my god has judged several thousand of people that has failed and lost. And those are only those who has asked for the judgment, knowing that they would pass.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2002, 03:32:40 am by Tearlach t'an Ailech fin Leros »
Join The Order Of The Hand .
The rules are being updated, mail me if you are interested in knowing them.
\"Down in their hearts, wise men know this truth: the only way to help yourself is to help others.\"
Never take life seriously; nobody gets out alive anyway.

ninkwi njadro

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #31 on: March 19, 2002, 03:40:04 am »
ninkwi njadro mmbles:\"grlmrlr you and your gods\"
\" and you said you can charm animals. you can do that?? cause I do not think that pterosaurs will listen to me if I just open the gate. if you could charm them.They would listen to us. and you are right we indeed lack money. I could suply that too. I can get plenty of it but I just don\'t like to spend it if you know what i mean\"
« Last Edit: March 19, 2002, 03:58:28 am by ninkwi njadro »

Dwinney

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #32 on: March 19, 2002, 03:49:36 am »
Galeic intrudes into the heated conversation. \"Fighting depends both on skill and luck. And yes, the word \"smart\" can be applied to many areas. Everyone is smart in his/her own special way.\" his voice is infuriatingly calm.

\"Plus, I would rather walk on foot than rely on some animals . He spat the word. \"And,\" he continued, regaining his composure. \"Ninkwi, it is impossible to acquire so many pterosaurs. They are far too costly, furthermore we would need to spend too much time taking care of their needs.\"

His voice tightened. \"So would you guys stop your senseless arguing!!\" he almost screamed, finally losing it.

ooc: ninkwi how did you get so much money in the first place? Anyway I basically think we shouldn\'t have so many priviledges/advantages right at the start. Otherwise there would not be so many obstacles for the heroes to overcome. eg when we needed to buy something expensive, we just get some of our own private mountain of gold and buy it?? Where\'s the fun in that? Also, the obstacles could lead to a lot of sub-quests, eg. the king/queen/leader of a certain town wants us to do something (defeat a dragon, recover a lost magical item etc.) in exchange for giving us what we need (money, permission to cross the town without obstrusions).
When our hearts both beat in time,
There\'s magic in your smile,
It seems there\'s nothing we can\'t do.

And within your warm embrace,
My heart will find a place,
Even from afar,
Our love forever shall be, destiny.

Excerpt from L2EB  

ninkwi njadro

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #33 on: March 19, 2002, 03:54:15 am »
ooc:
I WAS TALKIN ABOUT STEALIN!!!!!!

STEALIN I AM A THIEF      

ninkwi:\"what I ment was maybe we could aquire the pterosaurs ilegaly.but I didn\'t want to say that in here for that guards do not like me and there\'s a price on my head. there know you know it but still I will gladly help you in your quest to batlle evil. \"

suddenly a shuriken flys trough the room ninkwi ducks. the shuriken goes into the wall but more follow ninkwi runs outside while dodging the attackers weaponery trown at him. a man in dark clothing walks outside slowly his face is covered under a great black hood. when the hooded man comes outside he sees ninkwi standing before him. they stand still not speaking just staring at eachother. Ninkwi speeks:\"faroth. faroth show yourself I know it is you under the hood.\" ninkwi\'s eyes are thin cracks compared to what tey used to be. His red eyes shine brighter then ever. He is in the highest state of alertness. The black hooded man moves one step towards ninkwi and trows his hood of along with the rest of his cape. now everyone (who obviously walked outside to see what was going on) could see the hooded man was in fact a white enkidukai who resembled ninkwi.. ninkwi laughs:\"haha faroth I knew it was you.\" faroth draws a sword. it\'s a dadao he is holdin it with two hands. ninkwi draws his two katanas.they are still standing silently. then they simultaniasly rush towards eachother. Ninkwi jumps high up and lands behind faroth then he quickly slashes with his sword but faroth was allready turned around and parries the attack. then ninkwi launches anoother series of quick blows one after another. but faroth blocks them all. then suddenly faroth jumps back and attacks. he slashes with his sword.but because he uses only one big sword his blows are stronger but he is slower much slower then ninkwi\'s attacks. ninkwi is trying hard to block all of the attacks. he succeeds but he is growing tired because faroth\'s attacks take much more power to block. ninkwi\'s left sword is blown out from his hand by a strong blow of faroth\'s dadao. his right swrod soon follows. ninkwi is now unarmed faroth laughs:\"haha so I finnaly got you\". He quickly grabs ninkwi\'s arm and turns him around. faroth is now standing behind ninkwi with one arm hldin down ninkwi\'s arms and his other around ninkwi\'s neck. \"haha you are going with me this time\"faroth sais. then he shouts out in pain. ahh he releases ninkwi and grabs his leg \"ahh U stabbed me\"he shouts \"I will get you, little brother\" then he runs away into the woods.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2002, 04:53:13 am by ninkwi njadro »

-Raeon Volune-

(No subject)
« Reply #34 on: March 19, 2002, 12:50:02 pm »
((OOC: Sorry I haven\'t been posting lately, Me and my computer got into a fight and well.........She doesn\'t wanna so anything for me anymore. ;(  Also the Shadow Magiks aren\'t a race. Shadow Magik is simply an element of magik. The ancient race that is searching for the ShadowLife no one has ever seen so no knows anything about them, except that they search for the ShadowLife.))

As all this is happening Elric is still in the bar slowly sipping his ale. His face staring off into nothing. Abruptly he gets up and looks at his companions.
 \"Ok, here\'s the plan. I doubt that we could afford any p-p-,\" The Elf struggles with the foriegn word. \"pterosaurses. Also even if we could simply walking or flying or whatever these things do,  to the Shadowlife would attract too much attention. We must travel lightly to travel quickly. And most importantly we must travel in the shadows.\" Elric gets up from the chaird leaving a tip behind for the bartender, picks his Dual Blades up and walks outside the bar heading for the road.

ninkwi njadro

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #35 on: March 19, 2002, 12:53:21 pm »
ooc: do we have to wait for every1 to post that they get up and walked outside or can we just go now?

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #36 on: March 19, 2002, 03:52:19 pm »
It\'s still this little thing about food that everyone seems to forget, it\'s also that little thing to transport the food and what animal we should us to transport, since pterosaurs cost what they do, we have to take one of those gigantic spiders, they can carry a bit I must say.
Then the only wonder is the price, does anyone know it?
And how much food we need, thats one rashion of dry meat and dried bread, we need one of each kind every day as a minimum it\'s approximately a three week wandering, that means we need food for at least six week, there and back, add two weeks for safety and we have 56 days rashions for every person, that means 56 rashions of dryed meat and 56 rashions of dried bread, we may need some fresh fruit to not gain diseases, for that i suggest seaweed, pretty cheap and maybe a little fresh fish, we need something to drink for that I suggest beer since it holds longer than water, a ordinary human drinks two litres a day, but since the dry food we will need three litres, thats 168 litres of beer. Then every person needs a 150 l barrel and a water skin (20 l), that means that we take 150 liters of beer and fills our water skins in the lake, we should find additional water in the labyrinth so we do not need to stack up on extra.
I think everyone needs a spider, but thats good since we can ride them also which would shorten the trip.
Hmmm, now we only need to find out what it costs.
\"Down in their hearts, wise men know this truth: the only way to help yourself is to help others.\"

kyalin

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #37 on: March 19, 2002, 05:08:44 pm »
\"First of all ninkwi I am NOT trying to die, I am simply acknowledging that risk, and accepting that I will take that risk to accomplish any task I believe truley right. But I do not think we should take animals.  Not only do they cost money, but we would have to feed them and take care of them, not to mention giving them breaks.  We should just travel swiftly on foot, carrying what we can on our backs.  I do not plan to be carrying enough rations to last the whole way.  I seem to remember that there are wild animals still in this world. Maybe not as appetizing as dried meat(lol), but enough to keep us alive.  Take a week of food and water and the rest we shall find on our way, but come we MUST depart now. Too much time have we wasted im afraid, for every second will count.\"

Kyalin heads to the door once again motioning the rest to come, than exits the door out into the market.

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #38 on: March 20, 2002, 02:37:53 am »
It will take longer time to hunt than to have our own supplies with us on some sort of animals, if we must hunt to survive it will take about 4 - 6 weeks to reach that place, do we have time for that?
I am thinking of how we can obtain at least one animal with out getting broke and I am more and more thinking about stealing it, may the Hand forgive me.
That seems to be the only way to stop this evil and preventing a greater evil by doing a lesser evil can be justified.
When the judgement comes I will know if I\'m right.

ninkwi njadro

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #39 on: March 20, 2002, 06:30:27 am »
\"No I agree with kyalin. I always lived in the wild. I say we take food for a about a week and the rest we will gather on our way. there is always hunting and we can eat at some taverns. And I also don\'t like the idea of riding on spiders. I travel faster on foot.I say we steal some horses they travel much faster then spiders and they can carry a lot more weight too.Tearlach you are gettin better at surviving in this cruel world. where everything is about money\"

ooc: It\'s all abou the benjamins as a wise man once said. altho I can\'t say U could call puff daddy a wise man. But he was right never the less.

« Last Edit: March 20, 2002, 06:47:02 am by ninkwi njadro »

Dwinney

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #40 on: March 20, 2002, 08:29:12 am »
As Ninkwi is being attacked, Galeic sits unruffled, only glancing up from time to time, almost as if calculating who would win. When Ninkwi stabs Faroth, a faint smile of satisfaction crosses his lips. Now, he listens to the conversation, and without warning, speaks up.

\"The giant spiders are called Megaras. I also agree on the idea that we take about a week or so rations, for each of us. As for food and water...\"

\"...I am an accomplished Hunter, I can forage food for everyone should there be a shortage.\"

\"As for the horses, they are okay, but still take one or two Megaras along if the need arises for us to carry heavy loads.\"

He stands up, hoists his sword up on this right shoulder in that ever-familiar stance, and without a moment\'s hesitation, follows behind Kyalin as he walks out into the market.
When our hearts both beat in time,
There\'s magic in your smile,
It seems there\'s nothing we can\'t do.

And within your warm embrace,
My heart will find a place,
Even from afar,
Our love forever shall be, destiny.

Excerpt from L2EB  

ninkwi njadro

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #41 on: March 20, 2002, 08:51:32 am »
The group arives on the market. It is very crowded with all sort of races. there are all sorts of shops. The shops surround the market place.

ninkwi speaks with his ussual low marsh voice\"now let\'s see how much money do we have?\". Everyone gives some money.\" this isn\'t enough for horses and food. I say let\'s split up 1 of you come with me. We will get some horses. the other two go buy some food.\"

farsareck

• Traveller
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #42 on: March 20, 2002, 12:55:27 pm »
(OOC: sorry.........got grounded for being on too long. By the way, Far. is a Klyros. )

Looking between the group Far. gives a small grunt then starts off in the direction of the closest healing items vendor.

\" Get what you want, but if your injured not my fault you didn\'t get some herbs. \" he says over his shoulder.
I may be going down. But so are you, and you and you and you and you and you................................

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #43 on: March 20, 2002, 01:02:07 pm »
If you diden\'t know this ninkwi there is no horses down here, besides megaras are gigantic bats and a spider can carry more load than a horse and is faster than walking, we could cut down the travel time to 2,5 week with one of those.
But if you insist on it taking 4 - 6 weeks then it\'s your fault when we comes to late, far too late.

Oh and I\'m a healer by trade, I\'m a priest so I have both curative magic and some first aid knowledge.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2002, 01:12:31 pm by Tearlach t'an Ailech fin Leros »

-Raeon Volune-

(No subject)
« Reply #44 on: March 20, 2002, 01:15:23 pm »
Elric walks into a stable and buys two Megaras.
 \"There now we have enough to carry a heavy load. Horses are not nesecarry and would be to much to worry about anyway. And about food, that will be provided by mother nature. Now we must travel now, no more arguments about buying anything or what we need. We will travel along side the road but not on it.\"
 Elric walks out with the two Megaras and heads to the road leading outside the city. The others follow.