Author Topic: MY BOOK  (Read 852 times)

Dark Patron

• Traveller
    • View Profile
MY BOOK
« on: March 06, 2010, 09:06:55 pm »
Im going to be making a book in Planeshift, is there a way i can have copies of it made, and have it copy righted so you cant rewrite or something that messes with the book. MAking the words permanent so you can erase em?

I am Editing my first response...

I'm going to be making a book in Planeshift. Is there a way I can have copies of it made. Making the words permanent so you cant erase them?

If you're going to edit a post just click the modify button please do not double/treble post
« Last Edit: March 07, 2010, 09:58:28 am by Mordraugion »

Dracaeon

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
    • KJ website
Re: MY BOOK
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2010, 09:21:35 pm »
I don't know about the permanent part, but if you need to change the post, you can always just click the "Modify" button.

Dark Patron

• Traveller
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2010, 09:27:18 pm »
In planeshift you can buy blank books from the Librarian correct. im going to take the book i buy write a story in it, and i was wondering about that, if you can make the Words in the Book permanent... i dont think i really explained myself very well.

Dralion1221

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
    • My Deviantart
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2010, 09:37:16 pm »
In planeshift you can buy blank books from the Librarian correct. im going to take the book i buy write a story in it, and i was wondering about that, if you can make the Words in the Book permanent... i dont think i really explained myself very well.

Ahm, usually whatever you write in it IS permanent unless you hit the modify button. So pretty much you buy a blank book, hit "modify" and write whatever in it, then hit "save". The words will stay there unless you decide to change it in the future.

bilbous

« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2010, 09:37:38 pm »
books can only be edited by the character that purchased it from the npc I believe.

Dark Patron

• Traveller
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2010, 09:38:51 pm »
so i can write something into a book give it to someone and he cant write in it?

Rigwyn

« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2010, 09:41:45 pm »

When you give the book away it will no loinger be editable.
Try it with a friend.

As for massproducing.. Just save a copy of the book...

Book a ton of blank books...

Take a blank book, load it with the saved file, save ( giving it a new name )

Ie. You might write a book on spells and save it as "my book of wicked spells"
Save it and a file will be saved on your computer ( in your .planeshift folder under books.

Now you want to make a copy for someone...
Take a blank book, load it with that file
Save it as "my wicked spells(for rigwyn)"

Once you move the book to a different inventory slot you will see the book item will change from "blank book of xyz" to "my wicked spells..."

Experiment...

Dark Patron

• Traveller
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2010, 10:08:37 pm »
that helps alot, thank you.... the book im going to make is going to be about a Ylian trying to suvive in Ojaveda City... cant tell you anymore than that... when i finish, with a show of hands... who would by it? thumbup

Mainly i just want you guys to say you would read it and you wouldnt read it which ever it is....would be nice... :detective:

If your ever in the game i can be found at Brado's or the forested area where that magic dude is... give what ever feedback you can...
« Last Edit: March 07, 2010, 09:57:25 am by Mordraugion »

Roled

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 06, 2010, 10:54:34 pm »
If it's a best seller- then congratulations!
if you'd like to submit a copy of your finished book to be considered for the Annex to Jayose's Library, the Knowledge Seekers Guild are collecting volumes, reviewing them for and with Jayose (ahem!  ::) ) and submitting them for inclusion if they pass the review process.

Find any KS in game or pm me with your finished book, if you'd like to submit it for consideration.
Good luck to ye!

Roled Rolak
Cognate
Knowledge Seekers
"RR is a PieSexual" ~ Monala

Dark Patron

• Traveller
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 06, 2010, 11:15:48 pm »
When you say Submit you really mean sell Right?

Roled

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 07, 2010, 01:23:09 am »
Nae friend, I really mean submit. To my knowledge, Sir Jayose does not pay fer volumes fer the public library. Perhaps a Writer's Guild be needed, to protect yer intellectual property?
Good luck and good writing!
RR
"RR is a PieSexual" ~ Monala

Dark Patron

• Traveller
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 07, 2010, 03:35:19 am »
so its mainly a donation... ill be sound with that... so this library, where is it or is it a guild?

another thing to say about my book... it is, of course, made up nothing real at all... except for the creatures i put in it and the locations they go to. As i will be writing i will be walking where they walk, and do what they do unless i know what the outcome would be if  do do what they would do. The starting price may be 2-5 circles (250tria) unless its not so good then ill lower it...
« Last Edit: March 07, 2010, 10:00:01 am by Mordraugion »

Dracaeon

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
    • KJ website
« Reply #12 on: March 07, 2010, 09:58:47 am »
The library is in Hydlaa East.  I'd explain it to you, but I really can't exactly say how to get there...  just go through the big bridge/house in the plaza [there should be some fur-sellers there] and follow the road until you reach a domed building, on your left.

Dark Patron

• Traveller
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 07, 2010, 02:16:08 pm »
i think i know where it is, the place where you buy books, hydlaa maps and genereic maps?
The book is coming along quite fine now, 2/5's done

Pm me your ingame name so we can talk about the book or just hang out.... im looking for some new friends also...
« Last Edit: March 08, 2010, 03:24:16 am by Mordraugion »

Mordraugion

• Hydlaa Notable
  • Ex Dev and GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 08, 2010, 03:23:31 am »
Last request
Please do not double post use modify button

IN ADDITION, forum users may not:

• Make multiple posts on the same subject for the purpose of getting attention paid to your issue. No need to cross-post to multiple forums – we’ll see the post no matter where you place it. If you cross post or spam the forum, your posts will be removed.
  • Make a reply after your own reply.

The forums are enabled with a Modify button - if you forget to add something to your post, simply use the edit feature. Comments such as "Sorry for the double post ...." will be deleted. If you make an accidental double-post, notify a moderator or hit the “Report to moderator” link and it will be taken care of for you.

Double-posts are allowed in the Roleplay (Communitive Storywriting) section, as people may often need to post chapters of a story without a break for comments.

No longer a member of the PlanShift Development Team
Hokinon or Hoki on IRC

PS is not a democracy, nor will it ever be -- Karyuu 2006
http://www.hydlaaplaza.com/smf/index.php?topic=21049.msg230947#msg230947