Author Topic: [Solved] Games crashes after updating with pslaunch  (Read 1016 times)

Susanna

• Wayfarer
    • View Profile
[Solved] Games crashes after updating with pslaunch
« on: December 03, 2015, 04:54:45 am »
Greetings.

I have an Arch Linux 64 bit system. I downloaded the package build file for PS from the Arch AUR repository, ran makepkg and installed it via pacman. I started the game with the command 'planeshift', there were several warnings but i could play the game for several hours and it worked fine, no graphical errors and sound was good.

Then i made a mistake. I read that if i wanted fullscreen mode i should start the game with the command 'pslaunch' so that i could enable fullscreen, which i did. Then i and clicked on update. There were several warnings about file permission, so i clicked on repair. Again there were some warnings. I entered the game and it crashed shortly after my character appeared in game.

I tried to follow the troubleshooting guide from the wiki but it did not help me.

So i removed the program with pacman -R, built the package again and reinstalled with pacman, started 'pslaunch' and disabled fullscreen. This did not help, it crashed again at the same point.
So i started it again with 'pslaunch', added my user to the games group as suggested, did the update, entered the game and it crashed at same point.
So i startet 'pslaunch', clicked repair, cleaned the texture cache as suggested, entered the game and it crashed at the same point.

I am sorry i have no idea now what to do in order to make it work again. please help me.
I wanted to attach a file with the console output but it seems i can not do that here and i did not want to paste the output here because it's about 400 lines long.
If you need any further information please let me know.

Yours,
Susanna (Kaasha Leevaz)

Edit: Sorry i saw too late a similar question has been asked. I will try to contact a GM in IRC as suggested.
But there are many error messages on the screen, so i fear just moving the character to a new location will not help, but who knows.

Edit: This is embarassing for me, but if found solution by reading more carefully in forum. I followed this suggestion:
After further testing, I found that on my my computer, the character generation screen crashes randomly if VBO is turned "OFF". By default, on a fresh install, VBO is turned off. Turning VBO on fixes the problem for me.

Sorry for stealing your time with this. Next time i will read forum more carefully.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2015, 05:41:00 am by Susanna »

cdmoreland

• Hydlaa Citizen
  • Main: Waesed Waesech
    • View Profile
    • Ad Libertatem
Re: [Solved] Games crashes after updating with pslaunch
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2015, 06:53:34 pm »
Don't worry about it. Most of us have had trouble at one time or another. Post it anytime you might need help.

Have fun in the game! :thumbup: