Author Topic: Fullscreen Toggle (Mate Desktop) + Won't type Apostrophe (US - International)  (Read 813 times)

Dante

• Traveller
    • View Profile
I switched from Windows 8.1 to Linux Ubuntu 14.04 and after one month I could figure it out \\o//
At last, I have installed PS on my OS :D But I see there are two problems here with PS (I Don't have these problems with other Applications ...)

1- Fullscreen Problem : I Use Mate Desktop Environment and I have set "L Alt + Enter" to toggle full screen, which works fine with everything, Even other games. But when I try to use it on PS it doesn't work. This means I have to set it on Launcher and I'm unable to change it in-game, While it works fine everywhere else. I don't know if it's a bug or just something related to my Desktop or Window Manager settings.
Anyone else with this Problem ?   Any Ideas ?

2- Apostrophe : The second problem is that I realized I can't type Apostrophe ( ' ) when in chat. I ve got to write like this :D
I use EN(US) - International keyboard layout, And I can write Apostrophe anywhere else "including here :D ", But it doesn't work in PlaneShift :/
Anyone else with this Problem ?   Any Ideas ?

LigH

• Forum Legend
    • View Profile
Applications "on the desktop" will just change their window size. But their display will still be handled by the X graphics API and Window Manager.

Games using a hardware accelerated 3D API will need to implement a mechanism to destroy and rebuild the 3D surface the game content is displayed on, between a surface inside a window and a surface in a fullscreen graphic mode. This requires a lot of efforts inside the game.

PlaneShift does not yet implement such a switching feature. I don't know if the currently used CrystalSpace3D engine supports it easily; the Unreal engine may support it better, I guess, but don't know for sure.

Gag Harmond
Knight and Ambassador
The Royal House of Purrty

Dante

• Traveller
    • View Profile
Ah I see. It doesn't work in 3D Hardware Accelerated programs, like other Games !
So that's why !

And an update about Keyboard Layout problem :
I switched to EN (US) Layout and I can type ' in-game now.