Author Topic: Financial donations to PlaneShift.  (Read 2530 times)

Zan

• Veteran
  • Just a regular guy, with an irregular soul
    • View Profile
    • Photography
Re: Financial donations to PlaneShift.
« Reply #15 on: January 08, 2008, 04:53:36 am »
Join the Dev team as a PR member and I'm sure you can do it. ;)
Zan Drithor, Member of the Vaalnor Council
Tyrnal Relhorn, Captain of the Vaalguard
Thromdir Shoake, Merchant
Giorn Kleaver, Miner.

Grayne Dholm, Follower of Dakkru

Phinehas

« Reply #16 on: January 08, 2008, 06:15:37 am »
Yeah... no.

Liadan

• Hydlaa Citizen
  • Since 0.3.020
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 10, 2008, 09:58:45 pm »
Yeah... no.

there's an idea Phinehas! Why not join and be a PR member? You'll have the gaming websites swooning at your charm and charisma!

Phinehas

« Reply #18 on: January 10, 2008, 10:35:02 pm »
Yeah... no.

there's an idea Phinehas! Why not join and be a PR member? You'll have the gaming websites swooning at your charm and charisma!
I know you won't actually believe this, but I have quite a deal of charm and charisma, if I choose. But why would I start being nice all of a sudden? I'm nice in real life, I'm not going to start being nice in PS, too...

Liadan

• Hydlaa Citizen
  • Since 0.3.020
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 10, 2008, 10:37:41 pm »
Yeah... no.

I know you won't actually believe this, but I have quite a deal of charm and charisma, if I choose. But why would I start being nice all of a sudden? I'm nice in real life, I'm not going to start being nice in PS, too...

Who said you had to be nice to be part of the PR team? The rest of the MMORPG community isn't nice to PlaneShift, so we need someone who won't be nice back. Don't you see? You and PR are a match made in heaven!

Phinehas

« Reply #20 on: January 10, 2008, 10:41:33 pm »
Yeah... no.

Who said you had to be nice to be part of the PR team? The rest of the MMORPG community isn't nice to PlaneShift, so we need someone who won't be nice back. Don't you see? You and PR are a match made in heaven!
But the very being mean on behalf of PS means that I'm being nice to PS... You see the awkwardness of my position...

nerdful1

• Traveller
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 10, 2008, 10:43:25 pm »
Art is licensed to what gpl?

Tuxide

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
    • Banker
« Reply #22 on: January 10, 2008, 10:44:46 pm »
Art is licensed to what gpl?
No.  Only the source code is GPL; all content is proprietary.

Under the moon

• Forum Addict
  • Writer extraordinaire.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 11, 2008, 03:13:01 am »
Art, content (stories, races, quests, etc), music, and rules belong to Atomic Blue. This is for several good reasons. One is to prevent people from making fifty carbon copies of the game. That would be a complete mess and waste of resources. There would be a great deal of confusion about which PlaneShift is the best to download (Linux anyone?). The community would be divided into a fraction of what it is now.

The other reason is to prevent idiots from taking our hard work and turning it into something stupid or vulgar.

And the quoting is hurting my eyes!
* Under the moon stuffs Phinehas and Liadan in a pickle barrel and rolls them down a hill.

Fun times.

Xillix Queen of Fools

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 11, 2008, 09:26:43 am »
You will get your swag, fear not.

As leader of PR team (and person most likely to beat acraig with a wooden spoon) I can tell you initiatives are underway to get some merc out for you. As will all things ps it will take time. Acraig correctly asserts that the PR team needs more people for its volunteer staff. Some of you are aware that I also run the settings team with atm must be my primary focus. The growing settings team requires much of my energy.

It is also true that donations are not a major focus for us at this time.

Happy PlaneShifting.

zorbels

• Forum Addict
  • Screenshot Queen of PS - EX GM - Strawberries <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 11, 2008, 04:14:57 pm »
I think this thread is the closest to on topic I can get with this question.

Is there any issue's with the PlaneShift Dev's or Talad if I have an order waiting for me to pick up a personalized mug from Wal-Mart with images of PlaneShift on it?

I originally had a mug done with one of my forums siggy's but I was thinking about getting another mug or two with screeni's on them of Hydlaa and Ojaveda. Obviously I am not selling them as I am getting them done for myself personally. 
   I've been outside, it's overrated and the graphics suck!

Liadan

• Hydlaa Citizen
  • Since 0.3.020
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 11, 2008, 04:39:07 pm »
Art, content (stories, races, quests, etc), music, and rules belong to Atomic Blue. This is for several good reasons. One is to prevent people from making fifty carbon copies of the game. That would be a complete mess and waste of resources. There would be a great deal of confusion about which PlaneShift is the best to download (Linux anyone?). The community would be divided into a fraction of what it is now.

The other reason is to prevent idiots from taking our hard work and turning it into something stupid or vulgar.

And the quoting is hurting my eyes!
* Under the moon stuffs Phinehas and Liadan in a pickle barrel and rolls them down a hill.

Fun times.

* Liadan eats the pickles while going round and round and offers a few to Phinehas

Phinehas

« Reply #27 on: January 12, 2008, 10:05:12 pm »
I think this thread is the closest to on topic I can get with this question.

Is there any issue's with the PlaneShift Dev's or Talad if I have an order waiting for me to pick up a personalized mug from Wal-Mart with images of PlaneShift on it?

I originally had a mug done with one of my forums siggy's but I was thinking about getting another mug or two with screeni's on them of Hydlaa and Ojaveda. Obviously I am not selling them as I am getting them done for myself personally. 
I'm interested in knowing the reply to this, too.

Socius Rockus

• Hydlaa Notable
  • Wibble myself: 17years I was gone, give or take
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 13, 2008, 04:22:56 pm »
!!!WARNING THIS MAY NOT BE THE TRUTH!!!Isn't that like downloading stuff instead of buying it?
In my country the rules are as follow (I think) , Simply put:
You MAY download stuf like movies/music (NOT Software) the 'unusual' way.
You MAY NOT Sell that stuff, upload that stuff nor modify and sell and/or upload it.
Whether or not Talad or any other Developer would like it or not, they can't do anything about it?

acraig

• Administrator
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 13, 2008, 04:33:38 pm »
I believe it falls under this:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fair_use
----------
Andrew
"For all I know, she's lying, everyone's lying; welcome to the Internet"