Author Topic: Lawyers?  (Read 384 times)

Demagul Riwe

• Hydlaa Citizen
  • Demagul, Veirys, Fenoren, and more...
    • View Profile
Lawyers?
« on: February 09, 2015, 06:09:07 pm »
So I have an alt who's really into politics and justice, and I was thinking about starting a lawyer business with him. I just wanted to check to make sure this works setting-wise, and also if there are already lawyers in Yliakum. I love the idea of professions in the game besides crafting/gathering ones, so it would be pretty cool if there were more jobs like this.

bilbous

Re: Lawyers?
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2015, 07:07:01 pm »
* bilbous gets out the tar and feathers!
Never saw any lawyers at the trials I attended. The accused stood alone with no counsel.

Roled

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2015, 09:58:43 pm »
RR has tried to  find a few lawyers in his time... I think it s a great idea! Baristas!  How jurisprudent of you!

;D
"RR is a PieSexual" ~ Monala

LigH

• Forum Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2015, 02:27:57 am »
Fortunately, the Octarchal Decree of 425 AY is still quite manageable. Compared to modern law book sets in these oh-so advanced societies, almost "trivial".

Gag Harmond
Knight and Ambassador
The Royal House of Purrty

Dilihin

• Hydlaa Citizen
  • you can always find me on IRC: JeHugawa @freenode
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2015, 03:12:46 pm »
for Guilds that have something to do with Law,i suggest The Dark Empire.there is also guilds that have councils like Enlightened Path,i suggest to look at them too.

Masked

• Traveller
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2015, 08:49:29 pm »
Most certainly. I think you ought to for sure.

iridia

• Game Masters
  • Hydlaa Resident
  • a.k.a. Reniye, Paajah, Morrquea
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2015, 12:19:50 pm »
Fortunately, the Octarchal Decree of 425 AY is still quite manageable. Compared to modern law book sets in these oh-so advanced societies, almost "trivial".

Indeed.
 Imo the laws in the octarchal decree are covering most basic rights and rules that a society needs and mostly it's common sense that those laws are in place.

For the preparations of Paajah's trial I've done some research as well and it seems to be you can make quite some charges, statements and defenses based on just the octarchal decree.
Problems IG? IRC #planeshift-gmtalk
Event idea? IRC  #ps-event