Author Topic: Banned. Really PS?  (Read 665 times)

Talcon

• Traveller
  • Long Live the Empire!
    • View Profile
Banned. Really PS?
« on: February 20, 2015, 11:42:41 am »
Alright, so I recently got banned from playing Planeshift. Now they said I had been given 3 warning or something about "botting." I have no idea what that is, so whatever. What I have seen on my screen is a crash *screen freezes for like 5 min* and then I have came back to some person saying something then. But seeing as how I can't really do anything about that how can you justify a ban?? If you want Planeshift veterans to never come back, needless bans are a GREAT way to thin the herd.  :thumbdown:  If you want to accuse me of cheating while crashing go right ahead, but isn't this ranking up system a cheat in itself?? I've been grinding months and months for very little gain. Now I've been penalized levels and banned. A very good incentive to drop this game for LIFE. I mean if you guys want to continue to max out the servers at 15 people online (globally) you go right ahead.

LigH

• Forum Legend
    • View Profile
Re: Banned. Really PS?
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2015, 02:45:33 pm »
What I have seen on my screen is a crash *screen freezes for like 5 min*

Interesting, where does that happen? Leaving Jayose's library? Passing the East passage?

Game Masters are sensitive of characters in the game world appearing like active (e.g. crafting fighting, harvesting), but not reacting to a "Whisper". This raises doubts whether a human player or a "bot" program is "playing" this character. But when your game freezes for a long time, well, there is no surprise that you are unable to reply a whisper (/tell) from a Game Master, but why should your character appear to be active in the same time?

Gag Harmond
Knight and Ambassador
The Royal House of Purrty

Talcon

• Traveller
  • Long Live the Empire!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2015, 03:05:50 pm »
I have no idea of the inner workings of this game. I think magic in the arena is causing me to lag to hell. And to as why my game takes a few minutes to go offline I have no clue. I mean sometimes I can't even attack the dummies (AT ALL) because if I do my game will crash.

Talcon

• Traveller
  • Long Live the Empire!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2015, 03:18:53 pm »
WOW and I try to make another account to talk to GMs and I got banned for "Ban Evading" REALLY PS?!?! You guys are ban happy today, huh??

:ban: :ban: :ban: :ban: :ban: :ban: :ban: :ban: :ban: :ban: :ban: :ban: :ban: :ban: :ban: :ban: :ban: :ban: :ban: :ban:

lilura

• Hydlaa Citizen
  • report posts of yours that you want deleted
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2015, 03:43:45 pm »
I'd suggest hopping on IRC and joining #planeshift-gmtalk

Monala arches a brow. "Wait, so eatin' is like..." she shakes her head. "Er, nevermind."
[1: gossip] Monala: Lilu's piesexual.

Pierre

« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2015, 04:08:31 pm »
I was /telling with Talcon last night while he was leveling swords and me looting golden rings (to plant around Hydlaa for newbs to find, I'm serious).  This is Nicoletta.

This is the third time I've heard of the current GM team bothering old time players without warning.  I agree with Talcon, this is the perfect way to alienate oldbies:  Act harshly and without discussion, or with the discussion limited to "deal with it."

The weird thing is I was a part of a RP at the bottom of the steep steps with a few people, and the Hydlaa trepor (Frank) passed by multiple times, always greeting me.  He normally does this but this time there were others around too.  I found a way to include this in my tiny immersion RP and it was very nice and funny to me - and the trepor quickly greeting Zalya and Lecenes.  I assumed a GM was playing for some hours last night to catch this, and really appreciated that small thing.

Talcon, I'm sorry it happened like that.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2015, 04:10:27 pm by Pierre »

iridia

• Game Masters
  • Hydlaa Resident
  • a.k.a. Reniye, Paajah, Morrquea
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2015, 04:10:50 pm »
Game rules and policies can be found here: http://www.hydlaaplaza.com/smf/index.php?topic=31960.0
The specific policy on botting and AFK training can be found here: http://www.hydlaaplaza.com/smf/index.php?topic=31960.msg471083#msg471083

If you want to discuss a ban this can be done via IRC #planeshift-gmtalk (More info: www.planeshift.it/IRC)
Problems IG? IRC #planeshift-gmtalk
Event idea? IRC  #ps-event

Talcon

• Traveller
  • Long Live the Empire!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2015, 04:23:01 pm »
Yeah Iridia I know the rules, thanks. Kind of hard to follow said rules when you are unaware of your surroundings every so often and you ...haha great people known as GMs have like.. probably close to no social life to figure this out. I mean I've been messed with ALOT while training. It's really more annoying than anything, but you must've been just staring at me pretty hard to notice me just before crashing. And honestly how much training can I get out of a dummy whilst crashing. Can't be TOO much I'd wager.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2015, 04:26:40 pm by Talcon »

cdmoreland

• Hydlaa Citizen
  • Main: Waesed Waesech
    • View Profile
    • Ad Libertatem
« Reply #8 on: February 20, 2015, 04:27:40 pm »
You do not stop what you are doing when your client freezes so that you seem to be continuing to do what you were. Many times I have froze or crashed and found myself in the DR when fighting mobs. Have witnessed continuing to enchanting gems when crashing as Jerada and Waesed often work together and our computers are side-by-side.

With the current hyper-sensitivity (on the part of the dev's) to leveling/grinding GM's may be too quick in their reaction.

gonger

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 20, 2015, 04:32:38 pm »
Talcon, I understand your frustration, but being sarcastic will not help you. Talking to the GMs might.
One question: After your screen unfroze, did you see any whispers from GMs? Since you were /telling with Pierre / Nicoletta, you must have checked Whisper regularly.

When my screen freezes, I do not wait to see whether the game comes back or not. I close the window and reconnect. Safest and fastest thing to do. If you wait five minutes, that is more than enough time to reconnect.

I hope this will work out well. Use the IRC.

Greetings,

Gonger

cdmoreland

• Hydlaa Citizen
  • Main: Waesed Waesech
    • View Profile
    • Ad Libertatem
« Reply #10 on: February 20, 2015, 04:48:07 pm »
When the client freezes you don't see anything that is happening and it is totally unresponsive.

gonger

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 20, 2015, 04:55:19 pm »
When the client freezes you don't see anything that is happening and it is totally unresponsive.

I just re-read the original post and it is not really clear whether the client unfreezes after those 5 minutes or not. If it does not, then of course there is no way of knowing whether some whispers arrived.

Talcon

• Traveller
  • Long Live the Empire!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 20, 2015, 05:18:22 pm »
PS i'm done with this post. I did talk to GMs. They were more concerned with telling me I'm not seeing my screen freeze and that they sent me private msgs than actually talk about why I was crashing. So I will not be responding/reading to anything else posted here.

Demagul Riwe

• Hydlaa Citizen
  • Demagul, Veirys, Fenoren, and more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 20, 2015, 06:28:55 pm »
PS i'm done with this post. I did talk to GMs. They were more concerned with telling me I'm not seeing my screen freeze and that they sent me private msgs than actually talk about why I was crashing. So I will not be responding/reading to anything else posted here.

But isn't that the root of the problem you're having? The freezing and crashing, I mean.

Volki

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 20, 2015, 06:50:51 pm »
Talcon's been playing this game longer than me. I've roleplayed with him and know him well enough to know he would never bot.

AFK training, though? There should be no rule against that. Do you have to have your fingers on your keyboard and mouse every second you're training? Do you need to be in the same window? What if you get a phonecall? What if you have to pee?
« Last Edit: February 20, 2015, 06:54:42 pm by Volki »
Lace dark dreadfull power inside him awakens now fully resultin his former self comin back lord of dark noble house shantae of mevango family lacertus shadowone mevango also knowed as darkblade of shadows