Author Topic: 2 Servers?  (Read 518 times)

Demagul Riwe

• Hydlaa Citizen
  • Demagul, Veirys, Fenoren, and more...
    • View Profile
2 Servers?
« on: April 12, 2015, 07:02:16 am »
So lately I've been encountering more and more players with no intentions of RP, to the point where they use main as a local gossip channel at times. Although this was before I got my account, I know that there used to be two servers, one for RP and one for non-RP. I'm wondering if that's a possibility, and why it was changed in the first place. It really does just take one OOC comment in Main to ruin the immersion effect sometimes...

Donari Tyndale

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
Re: 2 Servers?
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2015, 07:14:16 am »
Few players/2=Even less players. Also, move your lazy ass and teach people how to properly behave in IG instead of complaining. :P

Candy

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2015, 07:32:52 am »
Some of our oldbies used to just grind, and turned out to be great RPers. That wouldn't happen if we brought the non-RP server back, and besides, the grind server was dead. Just politely suggest they use square brackets/Gossip/an OOC channel or put them on ignore while you RP.
Role Play Preferences
[1: gossip] Glaciusor: There's now a guy in skimpy armor having war flashbacks about daemons. Have fun Hydlaa

Demagul Riwe

• Hydlaa Citizen
  • Demagul, Veirys, Fenoren, and more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2015, 07:55:33 am »
Also, move your lazy ass and teach people how to properly behave in IG instead of complaining. :P

Just politely suggest they use square brackets/Gossip/an OOC channel or put them on ignore while you RP.

Believe me, I try. You'd be surprised how defensive these people can be...

Donari Tyndale

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2015, 07:55:43 am »
I have to agree with Candy. The RPing eventually rubs off. If you don't want unpolished diamonds, don't wonder if there are no shiny ones left either, as Veirys would say. And nobody said it's easy. You get flamed at, often. But you gotta try.

iridia

• Game Masters
  • Hydlaa Resident
  • a.k.a. Reniye, Paajah, Morrquea
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2015, 06:50:17 am »
Even though the servers may have been merged and we have rp'ers and non-rp'ers together players are still expected to be IC as much as they can.

Not interested in RP? That's fine as long as you don't interrupt the players who do want to RP and use guild- or groupchat to chat with your buddies OOC.
If your RP is interrupted ask the player (in a friendly manner) to stop, if he/she/kra still interfering use /report charname and let the gm's know via a tell or a petition.
Problems IG? IRC #planeshift-gmtalk
Event idea? IRC  #ps-event

Eonwind

• Developers
  • Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2015, 02:57:12 pm »
So lately I've been encountering more and more players with no intentions of RP, to the point where they use main as a local gossip channel at times. Although this was before I got my account, I know that there used to be two servers, one for RP and one for non-RP. I'm wondering if that's a possibility, and why it was changed in the first place. It really does just take one OOC comment in Main to ruin the immersion effect sometimes...

the non-RP server was mostly empty and it's bad advertisement, plus it's another server to update, upkeep, etc. these are the reasons why we decided to shut down the non-RP server.

Volki

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2015, 03:49:44 pm »
Can players report players who are blatantly OOC and refuse to roleplay?
Lace dark dreadfull power inside him awakens now fully resultin his former self comin back lord of dark noble house shantae of mevango family lacertus shadowone mevango also knowed as darkblade of shadows

Rigwyn

• Prospects
  • Forum Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 13, 2015, 04:03:55 pm »
Can you just ignore the player instead?

iridia

• Game Masters
  • Hydlaa Resident
  • a.k.a. Reniye, Paajah, Morrquea
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #9 on: April 13, 2015, 07:18:06 pm »
Can players report players who are blatantly OOC and refuse to roleplay?

If a player is interrupting RP and has been asked to leave the player or group alone and he/she/kra still continues to do so, yes. See for more info: [GAME POLICY 06] Harassment

Can you just ignore the player instead?

Ofcourse you can choose to ignore a player. However, when a player is also disruptive in RP's other than yours it will not resolve the issue.

There is plenty of space in game for all, treat each other with respect and help new players familiarize themselves with the game and roleplaying... That should go a long way...
Problems IG? IRC #planeshift-gmtalk
Event idea? IRC  #ps-event

Elvicat

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
    • My site
« Reply #10 on: April 14, 2015, 08:31:29 pm »
Remember the old laanx smite from back then when someone spammed the pvp ask?
Would SO work on OOC's ;D ;)