Author Topic: Unlock the RCD, It Wants to be Free.  (Read 671 times)

Rigwyn

• Prospects
  • Forum Addict
    • View Profile
Unlock the RCD, It Wants to be Free.
« on: August 28, 2015, 01:06:34 am »

As echoed in the RCD thread, I propose that the Red Crystal Den be unlocked in order to make it less burdeonsome for players to use it.

Note, I'm mentioning only the RCD in this thread and not the hospital.

Cairn

• Hydlaa Notable
  • Older than a few mountains.
    • View Profile
    • Creative Minds Forum
Re: Unlock the RCD, It Wants to be Free.
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2015, 01:19:50 am »
2nded! Let the people use it =)
I regret to announce that this is the end.

I bid you all a very fond farewell

Volki

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2015, 04:25:29 am »
Thirded.

Like my opinion matters. I can hardly get to playing.
Lace dark dreadfull power inside him awakens now fully resultin his former self comin back lord of dark noble house shantae of mevango family lacertus shadowone mevango also knowed as darkblade of shadows

Mariana Xiechai

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2015, 06:55:56 am »
Foooooooourth'd!  \\o//

cdmoreland

• Hydlaa Citizen
  • Main: Waesed Waesech
    • View Profile
    • Ad Libertatem
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2015, 07:37:53 am »
FYI- it didn't work the last time it was tried.

Mariana Xiechai

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2015, 07:43:02 am »
FYI- it didn't work the last time it was tried.

If at first you don't succeed, try try again! As has been stated, the new buildings that have been placed due to player and dev/GM collaboration are permanently unlocked. No reason the RCD should not be. Just lock everything down (or up) so wandering hands can't just nick it.

Demagul Riwe

• Hydlaa Citizen
  • Demagul, Veirys, Fenoren, and more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2015, 10:19:37 am »
Fifthed! When I was a newbie I thought that it was never unlocked...

Tavern RP is really easy for newbies to get involved in because it doesn't have to involve a deep understanding of lore or anything, and a player-run tavern makes it even better because you have to go order the drink and interact with the bartender and stuff.

Ascomanni

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2015, 11:47:08 am »
Sixthed. For the longest time my computer really struggled to keep up as I went up the stairs to the point I contemplated quitting and always wished 'the other tavern' was open. RCD deserves some love.

verden

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 28, 2015, 06:57:54 pm »
7th'd, open it up!

Damola

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 30, 2015, 04:30:49 pm »
As echoed in the RCD thread, I propose that the Red Crystal Den be unlocked in order to make it less burdeonsome for players to use it.

Note, I'm mentioning only the RCD in this thread and not the hospital.

Really?

So far no one who replied to this or the other RCD thread even *tried* to even just *ask* me about using the place. Neither in game nor here via PM.

Is trying to ask me or cdmoreland about it already "too much burden"?

Right now neither here nor in the other thread I perceive any attempt to work *with* the RCD team. That said, I am willing to consider options to make it more accessible. Yet I think organizing RP in PS is better done in a collaborate way rather than in a way that I perceive as compete against each other. No one from this thread tried to collaborate with me. At least none of those attempts ever reached me, and a PM is not that difficult to write, no? Also I am not aware of anyone trying to reach cdmoreland directly.

If you are about adversarily fighting and voting over places without even contacting those who put hour over hours into making the place what it currently is, I happily will let go of the RCD, cause then I see no way fill it with life the way I let Damola do it within a full life beyond PS.

Please also see my longer reply in the other thread.

Also please do not put a mouth into a place. The RCD in itself wants nothing. Its players that fill the place with life.
Love,
Damola

Candy

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 31, 2015, 09:10:40 am »
Damola, for people in incompatible timezones with you and cdmoreland, what it is is a building that sits locked and empty. Its potential is wasted on the rest of us. This isn't a personal OOC political move against the two of you. Personally I wasn't even aware that you were the ones in charge until hearing about these threads in-game last time I logged in. I thought either it had been dropped or that everyone with a key was just busy IRL.

I noticed in the other thread that there were concerns about theft from the Den. The solution is simple - lock down all the furniture (is it possible for GMs to 'store' a setup for events that may require it? I remember a different setup for one of the IC single's nights). Yes, someone will inevitably steal all the food and drink. IC bartenders and cooks can just bring in more. Plenty of RPers only spend their trias on props, anyway.

TL;DR: Eighth'd.
Role Play Preferences
[1: gossip] Glaciusor: There's now a guy in skimpy armor having war flashbacks about daemons. Have fun Hydlaa

Thoss

• Hydlaa Resident
  • Explorers Guild
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 31, 2015, 09:40:26 am »
my outside perspective, being I can basically be considered a new person, is I don't see either of these threads as being an accusation that whomever operates the RCD is doing a poor job... but more seemed like a request to look at the idea to open it up.

Is there notification somewhere in Hydlaa IG about whom to contact for opening the RCD? I may have missed it... If in obvious place... I still must have missed it as I had no idea.

Also, I would be reluctant to ask for it to be open as I don't have the connections for grand RPs yet, and would basically be asking to open it to just hang about... which I would assume would be frowned upon.

The basic question I guess is what is the RCD for?... spontaneous RP or scheduled events... and if only scheduled events, some signage or flyer on the Hydlaa board IG clearly explaining when scheduled events happen and whom to contact would be awesome.

Again, if the signage is alredy there I apologize for overlooking it, I am re-learning.

Thanks and thanks for all the hard work!
Thoss Yonbur/Aarnir Irety/Oslorod Krolar/Myno Eljin

Candy

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 31, 2015, 07:17:16 pm »
The Red Crystal Den is an in-game bar with a classier atmosphere than Kada-El's. It has a stage and is meant to be run by player-character bartenders and performers. Scheduled events are held there on occasion.

At present you can add Damola or one of cdmoreland's characters (not sure which is the RCD one) to your buddy list and contact her if she's online or PM her via the forums. There is no IG notification - the Den often changes managers depending on who's active at present, hence the requests for it to be left open at all times.
Role Play Preferences
[1: gossip] Glaciusor: There's now a guy in skimpy armor having war flashbacks about daemons. Have fun Hydlaa