Author Topic: [GM] Seizure of the Red Crystal Den by order of the Octarch  (Read 3880 times)

Rigwyn

• Prospects
  • Forum Addict
    • View Profile
Re: [GM] Seizure of the Red Crystal Den by order of the Octarch
« Reply #45 on: January 18, 2016, 07:08:47 pm »
If you are interested in role playing only, then a lot of this crap doesn't really matter. You just need to be able to get on and RP with people with as little interference as possible. Role players make their own world and their own story, the rest is just icing on the cake at best. If you make sure not to entangle yourselves with gms, then you are likely to have a good experience. The moment you let them get involved, your game/story is in jeopardy. This is why I say shy away from guild houses, gm tricks and props that you cannot set up yourself.

If you care about the gaming aspect and the actual game economy, then there are a few huge things that need to be addressed:

1. The economy is still unbalanced. I would seriously consider getting someone who has majored in economics to tackle this. I think the costs and benefits are still a little out of whack. If you play WoW ( and I mention this because they have this nailed down very well ) you see that the cost of a weapon at any level is proportionate.

You don't need to farm shit for a week to be able to afford a high quality weapon, rather you can simply use stuff looted from level appropriate creatures. Also, stuff that is over powered is not usable, so intermediate stuff retains it's value. I hate to say it, but when a noob can wield q300 weapons, the value of all other intermediate weapons plummet.

If there was some restriction to what quality of weapon a character could use, then the low and intermediates would be worth more and crafters who have not maxed their skill could make something off lower quality items. Similarly, the amount of work needed to make an item needs to be proportional to it's cost or value.

2. Quests are a pain to do and npcs are hard to find. This is by design I suppose, but it's more frustrating than rewarding. One of the nice things about WoW is that you can level your character fairly quickly by just doing the quests and killing the mobs that the quests suggest. Rather than farming one character all day and leveling every fifty or so kills, you get a small amount of experience for the kills, and a larger amount of experience for completion of the quest. Best of all, the mobs that the quest recommends are appropriate for the character at that point of development. The mini-map and dots of the heads of NPCs reduce a lot of the frustration with questing.

3. Actual gaming content is needed - dungeons, raids, and huge ass beasts that require collaboration to take down.

4. When things get old and played out, people are going to get bored move on. Can't do much about this.

Wocib

• Traveller
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: January 19, 2016, 10:55:18 am »
* Wocib waves ''Bye Bye Rigwyn, enjoy playing Wow"

Cairn

• Hydlaa Notable
  • Older than a few mountains.
    • View Profile
    • Creative Minds Forum
« Reply #47 on: January 19, 2016, 06:31:10 pm »
A house divided against itself will fall :)

Whether that means we need to support the game more, or the game needs to support us more is completely up for grabs, though.
I regret to announce that this is the end.

I bid you all a very fond farewell

Damola

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: February 13, 2016, 01:41:24 pm »
Just for your information:

I did have a healing talk with Bodier and Zunna some weeks ago during and after the dev q&a where Gonger brought up this topic.

While I still think that the "how GMs did this" wasnÂŽt helpful, I received the message that  GMs didnÂŽt intend to do this in any kind of disrespect for the work of the Red Crystal Den team, of my work, WaesedÂŽs work, SulaikaÂŽs work. Quite the contrary the intended to free us from any burden regarding the Den. ICly the Octarchy speaks a different language, but well that may just be the Octarchy.

That doesn®t make it easier for me to play Damola with all of this, but well
 she may be well on her very own special way to healing. As people near Hydlaa yesterday were able to find out and for all the others, see my recent forum post in "In-Game Roleplay Events".

I still didnÂŽt read through all of this thread although I received notice that there was quite some support for the position I stated.

I may read through it all at another time, but in the end I consider this chapter closed and prefer to focus on how I can enjoy continuing to play PlaneShift and how can this all heal again. I am not yet totally clear on an IC path for Damola. It depends partly on what the GM team will come up next for the Den.

In either case I enjoy the freedom to let Damola just do what she wants, free from any obligation.

I thank Bodier for bridging the way to invite that healing talk to happen. It helped a lot.

Thank you!

I see no need to revive this thread, so I am totally fine if this post receives no further comments.
Love,
Damola

cdmoreland

• Hydlaa Citizen
  • Main: Waesed Waesech
    • View Profile
    • Ad Libertatem
« Reply #49 on: January 17, 2017, 09:30:38 am »
It's been a year since the RCD was closed and it is still unused. What was accomplished with eviction? Waesed has left the Dome and Ellis seldom does anything but grind magic once in a while. I just can't get excited about PS anymore.

Emaline

• Game Masters
  • Hydlaa Citizen
  • Game Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: January 17, 2017, 10:17:47 am »
http://207.244.96.64/PlaneShift/smf/index.php?topic=42801.msg481265#msg481265

I think we are just waiting on the Bards to tell us when they are fully ready for it to be open to the public.
I'm very responsible, whenever something goes wrong they always say I'm responsible.

Any Event idea find us on IRC #ps-event
Problem Ingame use IRC: #Planeshift-gmtalk

cdmoreland

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Ad Libertatem
« Reply #51 on: January 19, 2017, 11:54:01 pm »
I wonder when the KNM will open. That poor rogue has been standing there on guard for over a year.

I do wish the Bards the best in their endeavor. We often had music in the RCD, just no one to hear it...lol

Mairon

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: January 20, 2017, 03:53:28 pm »
What is the Kor Neka Mansa, by the way? I have seen the map at Kisatol`s, but nothing more except a short story from that guard rogue.
There was an event there not long ago too.
DONT TREAD ON ME

Dilihin

• Hydlaa Citizen
  • you can always find me on IRC: JeHugawa @freenode
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: January 20, 2017, 09:55:21 pm »
What is the Kor Neka Mansa, by the way? I have seen the map at Kisatol`s, but nothing more except a short story from that guard rogue.
There was an event there not long ago too.

Once upon a time, there was a gambling den named kor neka mansa. Then it git shut down by octarchy with help of few citizens.And there is supposed to be second opening of KNM. Im too tired to find the link or write, buttö there is a thread  or two about it, go read them.

cdmoreland

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Ad Libertatem
« Reply #54 on: January 20, 2017, 10:15:54 pm »
It was known as Naughty Mothers for a while. I haven't been paying much attention to it.

I've just been leveling magic with Ellis, my character from EZPC. I brought him out of retirement to tend bar at the RCD but I never did max him out like Waesed. Waesed couldn't see over the counter at the RCD. ;D

It wasn't all from losing the RCD, I couldn't be effective in service to my guild, Ad Libertatem, without being the guild leader and they wouldn't hold an election to replace Jilare. It also seemed that I was having trouble with the GM team.

Dilihin

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: January 21, 2017, 07:58:17 am »
for anyone intrested, here's the KNM Thread:

http://207.244.96.64/PlaneShift/smf/index.php?topic=41912.0

Mairon

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: January 21, 2017, 08:42:56 am »
Would be great if they reopened it. I`m tired of betting 100 tria max when playing with Darven.
DONT TREAD ON ME

Dilihin

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: January 21, 2017, 11:11:55 am »
Would be great if they reopened it. I`m tired of betting 100 tria max when playing with Darven.

Yes, also more rewarding /tria sink  ;D  The event was really good gm event tho, a good chance to those events that last only 2-3 hours.

Damola

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: February 12, 2017, 03:15:55 pm »
It's been a year since the RCD was closed and it is still unused. What was accomplished with eviction? Waesed has left the Dome and Ellis seldom does anything but grind magic once in a while. I just can't get excited about PS anymore.

Well some time ago I asked about it at Dev Q&A but I meanwhile gave up on it. Damola would easily have opened this places quite some times during that year, but well

Love,
Damola

Can-ned Food

• Hydlaa Resident
  • Many ask what The Can contains, but few will know.
    • View Profile
    • an OpenDocument Spreadsheet for planning your character's stats profile
a few of my thoughts on the hows, whys, and wheretofores
« Reply #59 on: February 19, 2017, 07:32:28 am »
[OOC]  I know little regarding the history of this place or the details which transpired.  All i have are a few comments.  Seeing people's responses to this brought to my mind the various executions of so–called ‘eminent domain’ which make a ruckus every now and again.  They bring to mind that nobody can well maintain their ownerships from the meddling of those with more affluence.  Those were not situations of delinquency, but rather:  “We have someone else who will make more money with your land, and so we are taking it from you and giving it to them.”  I mean, wasn't there a certain well–known person who told a parable or two about the dangers from that sort of thing?

[OOC]  Anyway, all that aside, there is something which it seems many of you are forgetting:  So the GMs treated you callously and uncompassionately?  Aren't those GMs playing the roles of government?  It would seem to me that they are performing their roles well, whether deliberately, decidedly, or otherwise.
Gedundk Kokro, kran
Ailela Belair, nolthrir
Hwokmar Cmar, ynnwn