Author Topic: Possible bug with "helping Mirra"  (Read 792 times)

MustangMR

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
Possible bug with "helping Mirra"
« on: May 03, 2008, 01:37:55 pm »
I'm on the second part of "helping Mirra" with clackers.  First quest went fine.  I am trying to give her the materials but she won't take them.  I tried to be very carefull about writing down the exact ingredients she wanted and I'm nearly positive it was 2x[something] and 2x[something] (hiding the items for spoiler rules, but you know what I mean).  They were both two of each item and I'm sure I have the items correct, but maybe I messed up on the quantities or missed an ingredient?  If it is 2x of each, then it may be bugged because she won't take them and finish the quest. 

Server just went through a reset too and she wouldn't take it before or after.

And I can't drop it to try and get it again to check the numbers.

Pizik

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Possible bug with "helping Mirra"
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2008, 01:56:30 pm »
Not sure how you are trying to give them, but try giving the 1st two she mentioned 1st, then the second two in a seperate trade. If you tried that, reverse the order. If you didnt try to, try giving them all at the same time.
Proceeding through life like a cat without whiskers, perpetually stuck behind the refrigerator.

Rizin

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2008, 04:06:37 pm »
Just checked the quest and did it myself, no issues. Just make sure you have everything you need, if something still seems off - give me a nudge on IRC or via PM.

MustangMR

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2008, 06:02:39 pm »
Alright, I'll take it as a no-bug and I'm doing something wrong.   I've been giving her all the items at once.  I wasn't sure if the game would remember that I gave items separately.  Will try that, or do some investigation on exactly what I'm missing if it doesn't work.

*edit*

Okay, something else is going on.  I tried to do some research here and open my chat log.  It seems to have stopped working last week and the last entry in it is from 24-APR-2008, and I have no quest logs from any that I took this week.  The date of the file is the same, and nothing has been logged to the chat.txt file since then.

Coincidently, that is about when the server went down for the weekend and we got a new one.  Could I be out of sync with quests as part of the server upgrade?  I really hope not, cause my blacksmithing quests are in about the same state waiting for me to be able to do them.  If those are hosed... my whole character is hosed. Huh

So, to be specific, on this quest:

1. No entry in my ./Planeshift/logs/Sendar_chat.txt file for taking the quest from Mirra.  Last entry in this file is from 24-APR-2008.  The date of the file on the filesystem is 4-24-2008.
2. I have an entry in my quest log that I accepted the quest from her, and even the notes I wrote on it.  The last date this file was written to was 5-2-2008.
3. I cannot do the turn in, and I've tried the suggestions here.

Hmmm... I also rebuilt my system over the weekend while waiting for the server to come back up to SuSe 10.3 (from SuSe 10.1), but didn't reinstall PS, just been running it from the command line like I always do.  Could that be a problem?  If so, why is able to find the data files and quest log and everything else as far as I can tell, but just not the chat log?
« Last Edit: May 04, 2008, 07:51:00 am by neko kyouran »

Rizin

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2008, 08:03:23 pm »
If you can find me on IRC or in game I can try and help by checking a few things, we'll just need to meet up in game.

MustangMR

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2008, 10:44:51 pm »
Okay, I checked earlier for you but didn't see you on so posted.  I'll try and catch you tomorrow.  Just to be sure, is Rizin your in in-game name too? 

Rizin

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2008, 01:31:14 am »
Yes, it is. I'm probably easier to catch on IRC - if you give me a time I'll try and be in game though.

MustangMR

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2008, 07:46:34 am »
Hmmm... I also rebuilt my system over the weekend while waiting for the server to come back up to SuSe 10.3 (from SuSe 10.1), but didn't reinstall PS, just been running it from the command line like I always do.  Could that be a problem?  If so, why is able to find the data files and quest log and everything else as far as I can tell, but just not the chat log?

This.  I reinstalled and she accepted the items.  Thanks for helping.

Rizin

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 04, 2008, 01:21:42 pm »

This.  I reinstalled and she accepted the items.  Thanks for helping.

Glad you got everything worked out!  \\o//