Author Topic: Death Realm Return Point  (Read 1139 times)

MustangMR

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
Death Realm Return Point
« on: May 14, 2008, 08:36:15 pm »
This may have been thought of before, but I didn't see it on a quick scan of the forum...

As I was sitting in the middle of the road recovering from Dakkar's curse, it struck me kind of odd that a person who just went through the trauma of dying and surviving the death realm would be sitting right in the middle of the road.  Wouldn't that be considered a sacred point by the people of the city and maybe make a small shrine around that point?  Someplace where weakened characters could recoup their strength, a place that may be relaxing and designed to help people cope with returning to the living?

Just an idea for way on down the road when other more important things are done.  Yes, I know, people go through that point a lot kind of minimizing the effect, but just imagine what the first person who went through there must have felt like, and the impact it might have had on people around the city when the first person returned from the grave.  That had to have shaken people up and made that spot kind of sacred.

Jarexia

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
Re: Death Realm Return Point
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2008, 09:16:53 pm »
Good idea!

Perhaps characters could come back to the world of the living at the temple/place of worship of their chosen faith.

Prolix

« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2008, 09:33:12 pm »
Kran used to spawn in Hydlaa now they spawn in Gugrontid. As more places get built spawns will be moved to match.

Illysia

• Forum Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2008, 09:35:12 pm »
If I recall there was also talk of randomizing more spawn points in the future.

Candy

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2008, 11:33:52 pm »
I think what Mustang means is that at the typical spawn points for wherever you respawn, there should be a little place to chill for a bit. Though, I sort of do that anyway, since Monala's usually at the tavern or chatting it up with her guildmates if she isn't fighting.
Role Play Preferences
[1: gossip] Glaciusor: There's now a guy in skimpy armor having war flashbacks about daemons. Have fun Hydlaa

MustangMR

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2008, 10:42:12 am »
Exactly.  But if the spawn points were random, that would kind of throw a glitch in the theory since it wouldn't be predictable and hard to build a shrine around it.  If the points are known, then a shrine would work.  I'm not sure how the religions would figure into the mix, though they probably should.  My thought was really what the first person went through and the shock of the people around when he first materialized after they had maybe morned his death.  As it became known that people were making it back to the same point in a very weakened condition, then the shrine may have kicked in, or at least some kind of safe house where people could recover.

sesmi

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2008, 04:27:56 pm »

That would be great.

Caarrie

• Forum Addict
  • We want no UNFIXED bugs!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    • View Profile
    • PlaneShift3dMods
« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2008, 05:42:47 pm »

The engine should support a few different spawn points, but i am not sure how well it has been tested and if it was enabled on laanx [or when it will be] .

Candy

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 17, 2008, 12:51:20 am »
I don't think I'd mind randomized spawn points, as long as I don't wind up right in front of a hungry Ulbernaut and sent back downstairs again. :P
Role Play Preferences
[1: gossip] Glaciusor: There's now a guy in skimpy armor having war flashbacks about daemons. Have fun Hydlaa

190nifes

• Traveller
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 30, 2008, 07:35:04 am »
Random spawn points would be great its a little tireng if you fall in hydlaa and end up in the starting city.(but it wouldnt be much more if fun if I was as far away as I could get to it.)

SerqFeht

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 30, 2008, 08:48:38 am »
Good idea!

Perhaps characters could come back to the world of the living at the temple/place of worship of their chosen faith.

What about athiests and Dakkru worshippers?  :P

I like the idea of 10 or so spawns all over Yliakum, and a random spawn in any one of them.
Have you told a Daylo 'I hate you' yet today? Do it. You'll get teleported to another area!

Kaityra

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 30, 2008, 09:23:23 am »
Well, I second the idea to create a "special" area where one spawns after leaving DR. The current spawn point in Ojaveda isn't very convenient IMHO. The spawning should be connected to the race as it is now, as I would think that a traumatized soul would be more attracted by more "familliar" place or at least by its own race. The area does not have to be connected to a special faith or religion but should be reasonable safe, e.g. one cannot be attacked there. The only randomizing I would like to see is the exact spawn point within the given area. I don't like it when people appear right above me if I collapse and have to rest due to Dakkru's curse.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2008, 09:25:14 am by Kaityra »

ElWu

• Traveller
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 30, 2008, 06:58:14 pm »
I agree with Kaityra that it should be special place connected mostly with feeling of safety and familiar souls of own race than any religion or birthplace.

I think it should be some 'very special place' with its own climate.

In Ojaveda maybe it could be some kind of fountain or obelisk. Maybe something different than these but still some outstanding element of enviroment. And I think safety is primal case here.