Author Topic: stamina changed?  (Read 1055 times)

theirah

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
stamina changed?
« on: July 01, 2008, 03:36:52 am »
I'm just wondering if stamina has been changed in 0.4.01, since it seems to go down faster. My guildmate has said he thinks its also going down faster. I did notice 2-3 seconds of it shooting down at one point (I mean about 30% in 2-3 secs...)...

has anyone else noticed anything about this? or is it just my imagination?

Sen

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
Re: stamina changed?
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2008, 03:53:54 am »
I wasn't ingame enough yet so my post is a bit unqualified  :P
Nevertheless it sounds for me like a lag-problem? I noticed some lag while playing yesterday and that can cause the stamina to go down quicly.

Sen
.....also a saddle that won't pinch the tail. One day!

One and only tanner

• Hydlaa Citizen
  • The internet makes you stupid.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2008, 05:09:52 am »
i keep gettings alot of my stanima drained also when i take my first step after a loading screen

Shaman

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2008, 03:16:42 pm »
Every time I simply walk my stamina bullet-trains down to 0 from 100% in a matter of seconds. If I stop walking, it takes about 2 seconds for it to stop depleting. :/

Vannaka

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2008, 03:21:13 pm »
Yes, i think it has changed, I've noticed my mental stamina drop a lot faster when mining but haven't had time to look at the other yet
Censorship FTW.

Peanuts

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2008, 03:28:49 pm »
I'm pretty sure it's a lag issue.   Stamina seems to operate normally once I get a char in a less laggy area.

Shaman

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2008, 03:29:31 pm »
Hydlaa doesn't lag for me at all, though. In fact, the game overall doesn't lag for me unless I'm in BD, which I haven't been to since the update.

Vannaka

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2008, 03:31:42 pm »
yeah, i was mining in gugrontid, which as far as i know is the least laggy area there is
Censorship FTW.

theirah

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 01, 2008, 04:37:39 pm »
so...lags prolly not the problem...thought it might be a bit

I know that when loading a map, theres been a problem with stamina going down as you're loading. I think thats also been increased. And jumping into the border doesnt work anymore either.

I think the regeneration is not starting correctly when you stop running and you just stand there....

still guessing from behavior though, which is why I havent put this on bugtracker...
« Last Edit: July 02, 2008, 01:48:34 am by theirah »

kjnelan

« Reply #9 on: July 18, 2008, 10:51:18 pm »
I'm sorry, but I have to speak up on this one.  I'm a little dismayed at the flamboyant dismissal of this issue by some of the posters above.  There most certainly must be a problem with the Stamina.  When one takes 1 step and the stamina speeds its way to 0% like a freight train on steroids, then it's most definitely not a lag issue.  1 step.  Not lag, not several steps, not running, but 1 step.

Beniel

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 18, 2008, 11:43:51 pm »
I believe this stamina dump issue has been reported on the bugtracker here.

There is also another thread on the forum also discussing a few ways to sidestep the problem here.

If you are too lazy to click the links, two ways to avoid the stamina dump is to:

1. Sit then stand before moving after standing for long periods.
2. Turn left and right before moving after standing for long periods.

kjnelan

« Reply #11 on: July 19, 2008, 10:42:04 am »

If you are too lazy to click the links, two ways to avoid the stamina dump is to:

I'm sorry, too what?!!!?  Is that really how your treat people you've never met?!!?  WOW!

Personally, I think it's part of the game and know how to deal with it.  It sometimes takes 10 minutes before I can walk more than 3 paces, but I deal with it.

and FYI, there is no way to "avoid" the stamina dump.  it happens regardless of movement.  Turn right, turn left, stick a foot up some jerks butt, doesn't matter.  The Stamina Still dumps.

HOWEVER, since it's obvious that people would rather insult others than truly help them, and since it's been posted there are other threads and bugs regarding this issue, perhaps an Admin would please lock this thread so as to avoid others writing in and getting stomped on.

MustangMR

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 19, 2008, 02:55:03 pm »
I've done those tricks, they don't work, at least not for me.

My stamina is draining in seconds even when I don't zone.  I've noticed it seems to be tied to the run command.  I have had it where I switched from run to walk, and back to run, it triggered the effect and drained me.  Switching back and forth real fast stopped the drain. 

Mlato

• Traveller
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 19, 2008, 03:06:55 pm »
I have found another way to minimize the effects of the drain (although it doesn't eliminate the drain completely):

Try making one step forward to trigger the drain. when you see that your stamina is starting to drain, hit the Right Shift key to start sneaking. Don't stop when you see your stamina draining, otherwise it will do absolutely nothing (it won't stop the drain). If you are fast enough, the drain can stop at 95% (assuming you were at 100% when you moved).
Dermathil Khazadi: Current owner of the Khazadi Bookshop.

kjnelan

« Reply #14 on: July 19, 2008, 03:45:44 pm »
I've done those tricks, they don't work, at least not for me.

My stamina is draining in seconds even when I don't zone.  I've noticed it seems to be tied to the run command.  I have had it where I switched from run to walk, and back to run, it triggered the effect and drained me.  Switching back and forth real fast stopped the drain. 

hmmm...  that one's kinda strange.  I actually did have a the stamina drain when I was only walking though it doesn't happen as often when I'm only walking so I've resorted to walking in towns and other areas where running isn't more of a need type of thing.  (when you are forced to slow down and look around at things, it's really surprising to see so much detail.  it's quite impressive.)

as far as the stoping, crouching thing...  yeah..  tried that.  but like I said, it's actually becoming a sort of challenge to see how to avoid it even though there doesn't seem to be an answer.  My character is young yet and has a long way to go so I'm patient. (I actually found a cave on the same map as the bronze doors.  I would have overlooked such a thing had I been running. [Gorsh I hope that wasn't a spoiler]).