Author Topic: Faster Camera Movement  (Read 502 times)

Raa

• Veteran
  • Halp meh...!
    • View Profile
Faster Camera Movement
« on: July 18, 2008, 12:47:35 pm »
Is it just me, or is camera movement freakishly slow? I can't rotate the camera around my character fast enough to catch a glimpse of the person who just passed in front of him/her if it's facing the opposite way. It takes, like, eight seconds to revolve all the way around. It's ridiculous. And I'm a screenshot junkie, so this is kind of an obstacle. If there's a way to fix this, please tell me before locking... Thanks.

MustangMR

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
Re: Faster Camera Movement
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2008, 06:25:07 pm »
I have just the opposite problem in the Linux client.  Barely touching the mouse wheel whips the view around so fast I can't control it.  I don't know if that is just my system though.  The problem seems to be that it detects a deflection in the wheel movement and exaggerates it.  If I'm real careful pressing the mouse wheel, it works okay and I can control it.  I tried remapping it to the right mouse button, but it wouldn't take it.

Caarrie

• Forum Addict
  • We want no UNFIXED bugs!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    • View Profile
    • PlaneShift3dMods
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2008, 07:04:40 pm »
the linux issue is reported in that bug report

Raa

• Veteran
  • Halp meh...!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2008, 04:23:46 pm »
Thanks, y'all... I went to C:\Program Files\PlaneShift Steel Blue\data\options, mouse_def, and changed "HorzSensitivity" value to 120. It works a ton better now.

* Raa feels smart.