Author Topic: Stamina System  (Read 875 times)

The Irish Q

• Wayfarer
    • View Profile
Stamina System
« on: August 07, 2008, 06:28:43 pm »
Hello, I'm sure no one knows me since I haven't created my character yet. But, I have a suggestion. I was playing on my friends account, he let me make a new player, and I thought that the stamina system was ridiculous. I had to sit down every five minutes or so. I know its for realism, but this is just too much.

Caarrie

• Forum Addict
  • We want no UNFIXED bugs!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    • View Profile
    • PlaneShift3dMods
Re: Stamina System
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2008, 06:35:55 pm »
if you train and dont hold so much in inventory this is not an issue. Also lately there have been a few bugs in stamina.

The Irish Q

• Wayfarer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2008, 06:43:04 pm »
Alright, thanks. When do you think the bugs will be fixed?

MustangMR

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2008, 07:16:47 pm »
*whistles*  :-X

IF I was so inclined, I *might* say you will spend a lot of time training to pump a ton of points into endurance and strength and it still won't make any difference to how much time you'll be sitting...

That is *if* I was inclined, but you know, ... just trying to behave.  :innocent:

P.S.  No, the OP is not me and I have no idea who he is... just thought I'd add that after my last thread (I won't post on this again so no need to lock it  :-\ )
« Last Edit: August 07, 2008, 07:21:23 pm by MustangMR »

Prolix

« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2008, 07:24:24 pm »
I think one thing that should be mentioned somewhere is that when you create your character it is currently the best practice to maximize the physical stats, particularly strength and endurance regardless of how you see your character developing. The levels of your calculated statistics are such that there is virtually no penalty for low mental statistics and the cost of being physically deficient can be extremely debilitating. I may want to play a pure mage but I would still try to start with as much STR and END as possible. There may be a reason to try for some balance if you are going to do crafting or mining which can drain mental stamina but I would still prefer the carrying capacity and stamina for movement.

MustangMR

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2008, 06:54:39 am »
Well, I lied... I am responding again.  Sorry, this answer has just been bugging me.

So, the official answer to this is to just suck it up for a month or two while we do nothing but pump points into strength and endurance to fix the stamina system because the devs like punishing new players with incredibly weak characters who can't even walk a city block without having to stop and rest for a few minutes???

Frigg'n lame.  I haven't earned enough points yet to fix this system to an acceptable level.  Would you mind enlightening us on what the target number is when it stops being an issue?

How about this?  Different stamina corrections for each zone.  In the city, which should represent a smaller area than say the zones between cities even though in game they are about the same, stamina doesn't get lost at all so we can at least walk around the cities without having to stop every minute or two.  Out in the wide open zones, which represent larger distances, our stamina drains faster.  Combat would still cause a loss of stamina, even in the cities.  This would correct some of the problems without having to rework the whole character system.

I guess you all play dwarves or Kran who start with incredibly high str/sta and dont' have to suffer this.  This becomes very painful for an elf and probably a few other races, especially if you do something stupid like put points into other stats first, you know, as in playing the game instead of fixing it.  I'll take anything.

Sen

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2008, 09:03:22 am »
I thought it was worse for new characters some time ago and the situation improved again. Inside cities I was able so far to walk around as I wanted.
From my experience it is mostly dependent from the weight I carry. If I run fully loaded around all the time the stamina drains of course faster, but being fully loaded shouldn't be a constant thing and running neither... especially inside cities.

Sen
.....also a saddle that won't pinch the tail. One day!

Xillix Queen of Fools

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 09, 2008, 10:52:22 am »
The official response is itll get fixed when we have time to fix it...