Author Topic: Old West PvP/PKing  (Read 447 times)

tybrus

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
Old West PvP/PKing
« on: January 27, 2004, 01:12:50 am »
i dont know if this idea has been posted and if it has please feel free to flame

the main concept for my idea is that there are eight levels in the world of Yliakum so there will be differing amounts of development and technology in each level.   that would mean there are different levels of \"security\" (more guards in the better developed levels and less in the more rural).  So, my idea is that PvP and PKing should be restricted to levels of the world with less \"security\".  

Mainly i am envisioning the Old West in America.  When settlers began moving west there was not vast amounts of police adn security allowing for much sinister and shady activity.  this idea could even allow other players to play the role of \"lawmen\" to police the less developed levels.

I post this as a person who is normally against open PvP and Pking, but also as a realist who knows there is no way that the game should only have PvP restricted to arenas.

Also, i think that some players would take to the role of being \"lawmen\" protecting other players.  i wouldnt mind being Wyatt Earp ;)
Death is but a door. Time is but a window.

Xordan

• Crystal Space Developer
  • Forum Addict
  • For God and the Empire
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2004, 05:37:16 pm »
levels with different states of PVP in would be nice... But we probably won\'t get to that for some years yet.