Author Topic: Hide dummy skills and factions in skills window  (Read 145 times)

Cirerey

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
Hide dummy skills and factions in skills window
« on: July 20, 2012, 09:07:47 am »
At some point it would be nice if unimplemented skills were either marked or hidden. This would really help noobs out since they would know what they can study. (I know I spent a lot of time looking for a bow making trainer when I first started) Likewise deprecated factions don't provide the player with useful information for gameplay.

-noisy Cir

LigH

• Forum Legend
    • View Profile
Re: Hide dummy skills and factions in skills window
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2012, 09:11:55 am »
Click the "Filter" button?

Ah, well, this filters all untrained skills (= 0), but you may have unimplemented skills from your character creation (e.g. Body Development)...
« Last Edit: July 20, 2012, 09:15:28 am by LigH »

Gag Harmond
Knight and Ambassador
The Royal House of Purrty

Nebulus

• Traveller
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2012, 07:27:35 pm »
LigH,what would that do to skills you Can train but haven't yet. Would hate to see some new player unknowingly prevent themselves from training implemented skills by doing this.

bilbous

« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2012, 08:09:49 pm »
It has been my impression that the filter suppresses those skills not eligible for practice points. I have several skills at 0 with  a full green bar that are unimplemented and remain showing when the filter is on. The last time I played with the filter was probably some months ago so it is possible it has changed or I'm misremembering it.

it would be nice if axe making and knife - and - dagger making no longer appeared.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2012, 08:15:57 pm by bilbous »

tman

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2012, 10:54:42 pm »
No, the filter only hides skills that are at level 0 and have no training.  So it's really not helpful in this case.  There's no way to distinguish between skills you haven't found yet and skills that aren't implemented yet.  Also you may have some points in unimplemented skills from character creation, and these would show up in the filter no matter what.

Also I'm pretty sure there are some skills that you can receive training for but cannot practice (I think body development is one and maybe lockpicking?)

Anyway I agree with the OP.  Hiding or marking these skills would be really helpful.

You can't teach a pig to sing.  It'll never work, and you'll annoy the pig.

LigH

• Forum Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2012, 05:53:56 am »
So I'll agree. Make it a "Feature request" in the bugtracker.

Gag Harmond
Knight and Ambassador
The Royal House of Purrty