Author Topic: Vlax competition  (Read 365 times)

Cirerey

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
Vlax competition
« on: October 26, 2012, 10:42:16 am »
Fuusan and I were discussing the idea of having Vlax games on the rooftops in Amdeneir. If interested, talk to one of us, IG or otherwise.

LigH

• Forum Legend
    • View Profile
Re: Vlax competition
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2012, 12:25:38 pm »
I am not familiar with any game named "vlax". Please explain.

Gag Harmond
Knight and Ambassador
The Royal House of Purrty

Bonifarzia

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2012, 01:03:17 pm »
Never heard of that before, but it seems to be some minimalistic platformer.
While I love jump and run in general and hopping on Yliakum's rooftops in particular, I had to learn that such actions are widely considered OoC, and so will be any event based on that. If you are still planning to host some jumpy games, I will be willing to join the hopping tour.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2012, 01:04:48 pm by Bonifarzia »

LigH

• Forum Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2012, 01:30:34 pm »
Settings - Races: Klyros

Vlax: is an example of the nomadic hunter origins of the Klyros. Vlax was played by all adolescent Klyros, and was both a game and a test of fitness. The premise was simple enough. The adolescents formed equal-numbered teams; one team fled, the other gave chase. The problems arose when catches were made. A catch only counted when you pinned someone by the wings while in mid-glide, covered their gill slits to prevent breathing while in water, or forced their belly to touch dirt if you were on land. Torn wings, bruised gills, and broken bones were common, Sadly enough, fatal falls, drowning, and death from internal bleeding were only slightly less common. The Klyros grieved for these losses, but reminded the young ones that this was how the world worked; weak fall to the strong, and while a team may have a common goal, it is the individuals in that team that actually secure the victory.

Gag Harmond
Knight and Ambassador
The Royal House of Purrty

BoevenF

• Hydlaa Notable
  • Amdeneir citizen, mostly travelling
    • View Profile
    • The Doømed Ones SVG
« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2012, 04:53:57 pm »
it seems that by playing this game you're not ooc if:
  • you're a klyros
  • you're young and reckless
  • you don't care if you die

Nice! When and where?

Halfscot

• Wayfarer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2012, 05:00:35 am »
Equal number teams, so how do you think it would work? Group duel with one group running and the other giving chase? Catching a klyros = giving damage/incapitate?

Seems like a chore to rely on /me commands while running across rooftops, in order to articulate something like /me attempts to tackle Cirerey to the ground, pinning his wings for good measure.

Reese

• Traveller
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2012, 03:54:41 pm »
That what shortcuts are for. For example: /me attempts to tackle $target$ to the ground, pinning his wings for good measure.
Then set it up as a number shortcut like 1,2, or 3. At least thats how I would do it ... IF that is how it is going to be played, but surely they have a different plan in mind. Not everyone is going to want to make / adjust their shortcuts

Cirerey

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2012, 08:58:00 am »
it seems that by playing this game you're not ooc if:
  • you're a klyros
  • you're young and reckless
  • you don't care if you die
Nice! When and where?

I hadn't gotten that far. :)

As far as implementation it would probably be easiest to do it as a group /challenge using Melee only.