Author Topic: Withheld items  (Read 2073 times)

LigH

• Forum Legend
    • View Profile
Re: Withheld items
« Reply #15 on: September 19, 2009, 10:28:47 am »
* LigH offers Ayloth his unique "Generic food" item...

Gag Harmond
Knight and Ambassador
The Royal House of Purrty

Indygo

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 19, 2009, 11:59:52 am »
...having specific items doesn't make or break a game by any means, but in a world of game choices, it makes no sense to me that such a "cross your fingers" mentality would even be tolerated. Some people like special items because of roleplay, and some because they want something that nobody else has so they can feel less insignificant...

Ever give it some thought that perhaps having items that not all can have make characters more unique?  I can remember when Apis had the only flute around.  He used it for songs and was well known for it.  Should everyone wanting to RP a musician hated him or been envious because he had one?

...I However, do see a place for reward items. They want to give items that are different for rewards? Fine. make special trophies or maybe even special weapons...

I'm sure that the Game Masters feel better that you approve of giving out prizes for events.  Not so sure however that they will take your suggestion on what they should be giving out.  It really isn't up to us (the players) to decide on what items they introduce and how they go about it.  Not to mention you would be back in here belly aching about how its not fair that you too don't have a trophy because the event was held when you were sleeping or whatever lame ass, cry baby complaint you have.

...the difference I am pointing out it that while warrior characters may want the special axe, sword, or whatever, they can still buy or make one...

You know someone that can make frosty, dark, or other magical weapons?  I would like to meet them, or make them myself for that matter.  I do not know one player that is able to make an amethyst encrusted short sword of clear thought.  Do you?  You gain them by looting, but I would assume you would say its not fair either because it is up to chance on what you get and when.

...And to answer an earlier post, okay, maybe wands are cliche, but some people like them.
I have said all I will on this subject, I really don't believe it will change. but for the sake of many players who
 enjoy the game, I hope that it will.

I think you are just pissed that noone will sell one to you, and you have a slim chance of gaining one until they are available to all.  I wonder if you would be posting this if you by chance had a staff since you seem to be speaking for the good  of all players.  My guess is no.

All in all, I think its cool that people have items that others do not.  Makes characters unique.  On the other hand I have never seen anyone limit themselves because an item was not physically available in game.  You can RP items just the same.

I don't often post, and rarely do I get irritated enough to dispute complaints, but this is just flat out whining.  And please, don't attempt to speak for me.  I am capable of doing it for myself.  If your goal is to get players all fired up and demand all items be sold through NPCs you are wasting your time.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2009, 12:04:32 pm by Indygo »
DISCLAIMER: If you find a posting or message from me
offensive, inappropriate, or disruptive, please ignore it.
If you don't know how to ignore a posting, complain to
me and I will be only too happy to demonstrate... ;-)

Tazen

• Game Masters
  • Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 28, 2009, 05:30:08 am »
To quote Oomi - "Patience young padawan."

I know that these items are mainly garnered via GM events and that it's hard for some players to be in the right place at the right time, especially if your in a non-majority time-zone,
but the GM team is currently aiming to step up the number of events we run and achieve a little diversity regarding time-zones. As I'm sure you can appreciate, some times we simply cannot service or include everyone at once... We would love to, believe me. :) Just hang in there mate.

Akkaido Kivikar

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 02, 2009, 08:40:27 pm »
I can't say I'm too bothered that I don't have any special GM items... apart from my high Q plate armour from the Settings event chain.

What did annoy me was that you have to quest for helmets.

dragnoor

• Hydlaa Resident
  • -Talad only knows-
    • View Profile
    • nexus of devotion
« Reply #19 on: October 04, 2009, 07:54:46 pm »
Are you kidding this original poster has a point. He wants shinys but cant get any !!

I live for shinys ! Getting that thing 1st...
Now im known to have a few bits n bobs lying about. They didnt "Walk", to the GuildHouse. I explored & looted 99% of them. So get out there with a wep or 2 & see wot you can find. Its the only way.
As for Event rewards, well trias buys anything. I suggest hanging about the plaza on weekends, Vendors like myself normally setup stalls.

LigH

• Forum Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 04, 2009, 10:46:22 pm »
As for Event rewards, well trias buys anything.
Your only opinion! - Keep begging for a Holy Helm!

Gag Harmond
Knight and Ambassador
The Royal House of Purrty