Author Topic: Long term Consequences - lack of  (Read 509 times)

dragnoor

• Hydlaa Resident
  • -Talad only knows-
    • View Profile
    • nexus of devotion
Long term Consequences - lack of
« on: October 01, 2009, 12:39:00 am »
Currently apart from a ban or a week in jail, or a few minutes in the DR, there are no consequences to actions of players. And without getting embroiled in a Rp OOC'ly IC'ly debate : Can I just ask for everyone to post IDEAS about how the Devs can redress this problem ?
For problem it is. If players were suddenly flagged for attacking another player so that everyone could see, then perhaps they would think twice. The sanitisation of Yliakum by means of the Challenge, in my view is a hammer to crack a walnut.
ok Challenges still required in towns. but outside law n order should be almost natural. This would allow those of the dark persuasion to be gainfully employed, and face retribution for their crimes. More gameplay. The "Do gooders" patrolling the roads ensuring players travelling unmolested, the dark folk grouped in ambush... etc
WE NEED MORE GAMEPLAY.
Rpers and PL'ers alike would have to work together to travel. Powerlevelling would be stifled as trips back n forth to BDF 20 times to lvl up would be out of the question. More gameplay. Lifting the Challenge law (Except towns) would be the biggest release of gameplay PS could ever do.

Rigwyn

Re: Long term Consequences - lack of
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2009, 05:16:35 am »

Currently there *are* consequences to evil actions if one gets caught. Aside from those consequences provided by the Hydlaa guard or GMs , there are the consequence of others knowing what you did. This can drasticly chance one's relationships with other characters. In one rp my character and another character attacked Mellas in the howling well. We got caught as the rp unfolded ( mainly because we as players let our characters get caught in the spirit of fairness and fun ) and as a result my character lost friends. Rigwyn also lost his ability to work at the red crystal den - which was a shot in the arm for myself as a player and other players.  The biggest consequence in my opinion is the loss of trust and being targeted for retaliation/revenge ( all ICly of course ).

The duration of these negative consequences is determined by guess who ... the characters affected by the crime in question. Mellas in this case forgave both criminals later on in the rp - and I think she knew OOCly that our characters might repeat their actions. One character warmed up to her and became her friend, Rigwyn on the other hand re-established friendship with her but is still a dirtbag .. and may lose the friendship/trust soon.

If your some kind of PL'd good guy and want to participate in helping the do-gooders in a roleplay join in. If you dont know how then team up with another role player and ask them to show you how. ( Maybe teach them to train in return ). 

Mordraugion

• Hydlaa Notable
  • Ex Dev and GM
    • View Profile
Re: Long term Consequences - lack of
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2009, 11:30:57 am »
There already are some consequences in game (Dakkru's Curse) but all people do is whinge about them.
When the faction system is ready and in game then there will be real consequences for everything you do from attacking monsters to your choice of quests to fulfil to areas visited.
No longer a member of the PlanShift Development Team
Hokinon or Hoki on IRC

PS is not a democracy, nor will it ever be -- Karyuu 2006
http://www.hydlaaplaza.com/smf/index.php?topic=21049.msg230947#msg230947