Author Topic: Server Wipe  (Read 1924 times)

DarkShadowSly

• Traveller
    • View Profile
Server Wipe
« on: September 24, 2010, 11:05:27 am »
Game Would Be Awsome If In The Final Game There Was No Server Wipe Of Current accounts, If There Is One, It Would ge The Crapyest game ever, Ive Puted alot Of Time On my caracter And Its At A Preety Good level now and i dont wana loose that on a wipe on the final game. Please understand  :(
« Last Edit: October 17, 2010, 11:50:04 pm by DarkShadowSly »

novacadian

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
Re: helo =)
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2010, 11:11:14 am »
My understanding is that the Wish List is for things you would like implemented into the game. For just IC knowledge you might want to talk with someone you find working at one of the forges.

- Nova
« Last Edit: September 25, 2010, 12:30:23 am by novacadian »

RlyDontKnow

• Associate Developer
  • Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2010, 11:16:01 am »
guess it qualitifes as a wish as armor crafting isn't implemented, yet (aside from helms)

novacadian

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2010, 11:17:58 am »
guess it qualitifes as a wish as armor crafting isn't implemented, yet (aside from helms)

Opps. My bad.  ::)

- Nova
« Last Edit: September 25, 2010, 12:31:03 am by novacadian »

Vakachehk

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2010, 04:14:40 pm »
but i doint know where to get the book, can you help me find out who gives the quest, where, and whats it called please

Sorry I haven't gotten the book myself... Wait, I haven't  :o Well another thing I need to do after Wednesday.

@Nova, its his wish to find the book  ;D
You maybe roleplaying but you could still be OOC.

Geoni

• Veteran
  • -
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2010, 12:00:57 am »
DarkShadowSly,

There will be a wipe before the final product of the game. No if ands or buts.

-sig by sarras

Overtherainbow

• Hydlaa Resident
  • I see you lookin' at mah rainbowz.
    • View Profile
    • EBONWUMON DOT COM
« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2010, 03:41:03 pm »
The wipe will occur 75-123 years from now.

mikeloeven

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2010, 05:58:42 pm »
i wouldn't mind the wipe persay but i would want to keep my character. you could simply reset all characters to the state at which they were in when they were generated. everyting could be zeroed and than the character traits and life events can be reapplied. you would have a brand new character while keeping your name and appearance?

the biggest issue i see with a wipe is the potential for identity theft. people stealing names just because they hit the character generator first. i wouldn't want to get an error that my character already exists because some jerk wants to steal the name. i think that wiping stats and inventory should be more than enough to constitute a wipe and maby even reset character apearances to default and allow people to change that. but i belive you should be able to keep a placeholder so you can recreate the same character you lost.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2010, 06:02:41 pm by mikeloeven »

Earowo

• Veteran
    • View Profile
    • Guild Site
« Reply #8 on: September 25, 2010, 08:31:26 pm »
i wouldn't mind the wipe persay but i would want to keep my character. you could simply reset all characters to the state at which they were in when they were generated. everyting could be zeroed and than the character traits and life events can be reapplied. you would have a brand new character while keeping your name and appearance?

the biggest issue i see with a wipe is the potential for identity theft. people stealing names just because they hit the character generator first. i wouldn't want to get an error that my character already exists because some jerk wants to steal the name. i think that wiping stats and inventory should be more than enough to constitute a wipe and maby even reset character apearances to default and allow people to change that. but i belive you should be able to keep a placeholder so you can recreate the same character you lost.
going on that what i would like to see happen, is before the wipe, one of the devs takes the time to write down every email address, and character name, match them, and if sombodies name is stolen, report to a developer, and they can just check the email adress being used, since you cant start an account without logging into the email first,
Dohmo: Please clean up your language immediately.
Me: as i just said, what i said, fits in the guidlines of rated PG, i was just explaining to the G guy
Dohmo: Sorry I tried to e nice
Dohmo: and i'm telling you to clean it up. last warning
Dohmo: now just do it
Dohmo: No more warnings

Abuse?

DarkShadowSly

• Traveller
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 25, 2010, 08:39:49 pm »
ok, but when will this final game be made?
a predicted year

DarkShadowSly

• Traveller
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 25, 2010, 08:43:18 pm »
DarkShadowSly,

There will be a wipe before the final product of the game. No if ands or buts.
I vote NO Wipe, you should start a formun to let the people vote on this eh

Earowo

• Veteran
    • View Profile
    • Guild Site
« Reply #11 on: September 25, 2010, 08:46:50 pm »
the final product wont happen for years and years to come, its taken 8 years to get the game where it is now, and there are still many levels of yliakum that need to be made
Me: as i just said, what i said, fits in the guidlines of rated PG, i was just explaining to the G guy

Abuse?

DarkShadowSly

• Traveller
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 25, 2010, 08:52:56 pm »
yeah, now i wont mind the wipe since it seems like a really good game, as long as its still fre and they make more better looking stuff.

*couhelmetslookuglyth*

Earowo

• Veteran
    • View Profile
    • Guild Site
« Reply #13 on: September 27, 2010, 12:32:23 am »
The game will always be free

Abuse?

Vakachehk

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 27, 2010, 03:36:36 am »
From what I have heard, PlaneShift is only 5% made at the moment, so if it has taken them 8 years to do 5% then 5/100=20 20x5=160 so 160 years till full completion :)
You maybe roleplaying but you could still be OOC.