Author Topic: Server Wipe  (Read 1923 times)

Earowo

• Veteran
    • View Profile
    • Guild Site
Re: helo =)
« Reply #15 on: September 27, 2010, 06:11:08 pm »
unless the game gets funding, with funding more developers can be hired to make it go faster
Dohmo: Please clean up your language immediately.
Me: as i just said, what i said, fits in the guidlines of rated PG, i was just explaining to the G guy
Dohmo: Sorry I tried to e nice
Dohmo: and i'm telling you to clean it up. last warning
Dohmo: now just do it
Dohmo: No more warnings

Abuse?

Candy

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 28, 2010, 05:05:03 pm »
From what I have heard, PlaneShift is only 5% made at the moment, so if it has taken them 8 years to do 5% then 5/100=20 20x5=160 so 160 years till full completion :)

VR will render all the MMOs we currently know obsolete by then. They'll have to start from scratch.
Role Play Preferences
[1: gossip] Glaciusor: There's now a guy in skimpy armor having war flashbacks about daemons. Have fun Hydlaa

Earowo

• Veteran
    • View Profile
    • Guild Site
« Reply #17 on: September 28, 2010, 05:40:51 pm »
From what I have heard, PlaneShift is only 5% made at the moment, so if it has taken them 8 years to do 5% then 5/100=20 20x5=160 so 160 years till full completion :)

VR will render all the MMOs we currently know obsolete by then. They'll have to start from scratch.
wtf is VR
Dohmo: Please clean up your language immediately.
Me: as i just said, what i said, fits in the guidlines of rated PG, i was just explaining to the G guy
Dohmo: Sorry I tried to e nice
Dohmo: and i'm telling you to clean it up. last warning
Dohmo: now just do it
Dohmo: No more warnings

Abuse?

novacadian

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 28, 2010, 05:44:53 pm »

Candy

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 17, 2010, 03:03:15 pm »
Yes, that's precisely what I was talking about.
Role Play Preferences
[1: gossip] Glaciusor: There's now a guy in skimpy armor having war flashbacks about daemons. Have fun Hydlaa

DarkShadowSly

• Traveller
    • View Profile
Re: Server Wipe
« Reply #20 on: October 18, 2010, 12:15:22 am »
if theres a wipe that people with HUNDREDS of lvl's are gona go to waste, there gona be pissed. me myself have alot of lvl's gained and if theres a wipe(even if its light years away) its gona go to waste, screw u

jaculapundactum

« Reply #21 on: October 18, 2010, 12:28:24 am »
if theres a wipe that people with HUNDREDS of lvl's are gona go to waste, there gona be pissed. me myself have alot of lvl's gained and if theres a wipe(even if its light years away) its gona go to waste, screw u

I doubt you'll still be playing this game when it reaches 1.0 champ. In fact, you might find yourself in a retirement home playing checkers. Moaning about how the nurse is stealing your applesauce.

novacadian

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 18, 2010, 01:19:04 am »
I doubt you'll still be playing this game when it reaches 1.0 champ. In fact, you might find yourself in a retirement home playing checkers. Moaning about how the nurse is stealing your applesauce.

With such linear thinking, you sound like your in the home already.  ;D

- Nova

Candy

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 18, 2010, 01:47:09 am »

If people get pissed that they lost their hundreds of levels, when they KNEW there's eventually gonna be a wipe because they've been on the forums for more than twenty minutes, that's on them.

It is gonna go to waste. Screw everyone.
Role Play Preferences

jaculapundactum

« Reply #24 on: October 18, 2010, 02:42:56 am »

- Nova

Drey

• Forum Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 18, 2010, 03:00:11 am »
seen it done it got the tshirt

plus, it's not that hard to re-level.

(draklar can hold testament to my awesome power levelling abilities)
<Rux> i wish i could say that narrows it down, but the internet is one freaky place

Illysia

• Forum Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 18, 2010, 10:47:38 am »

Oh gosh, somebody please direct Talad's attention to this post is this is typical of the very type of player that his direction of this project attracts... i.e. the average MMO player. He says good riddance to the players that make long detailed posts about what needs to be changed and scoffs at the notion that those people tried to help and that they might be right. Get a good look... those people he was happy to see leave are going to be peanuts compared to having basically people with this kind of mindset around. ;D

- Nova

What Jacula says is factual. We knew years ago that we'd be old farts still working on this game. But back then, we didn't care, and we were still willing to work on PS. Now, those willing hands have gotten slapped enough times to wander off to other places. To be honest, the only way this game will make 1.00 now is if they just decide to change the version number on a whim.

If people get pissed that they lost their hundreds of levels, when they KNEW there's eventually gonna be a wipe because they've been on the forums for more than twenty minutes, that's on them.

It is gonna go to waste. Screw everyone.

But Candy, that's expecting people to actually read what's left  of what can be considered important on the forum... we can't have that now. ;) Not to mention, if PS wants to mainstream and become more like other MMOs, it's going to have to be far more considerate of player's levels.  ;D

seen it done it got the tshirt

plus, it's not that hard to re-level.

(draklar can hold testament to my awesome power levelling abilities)

Only if you do nothing but all day. But then PS is like most MMOs now, so leveling instead of RPing is perfectly ok. ;)

novacadian

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 18, 2010, 12:06:29 pm »

Maybe some real life olbie, like myself, (not to be confused with the bitter olbies of this forum) will leave a small trust fund in their will to ensure that things get finished around here before the next millennia. Such a concept is called thinking outside the box; which seems beyond the scope of those stuck firmly in their bitter past.

One thing learned in my oldbie-ness is to never discount anything as being possible.  ;)

Oh, another thing in the life lessons of a rl oldbie; enjoy yourself and every moment and don't get stuck on the bitter side of life. Life's too short and precious to waist it in a pool of bitterness. My advice would be to move on from that which makes one bitter.

- Nova

[ Edit - spelling ]

Illysia

• Forum Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 18, 2010, 01:09:48 pm »
The depth of your ignorance astounds Nova and the fact that you must have some age on you make it even worse. ;D I feel bad for anyone crazy enough to put PS in their will. It's one thing to contribute to it as a sort of lifelong project, it's another thing to put it in your will... Nice sucking up and attention whoring there Nova. :thumbup:

And in Jacula's defence, he did leave the game, he deleted his forum account after his last post, and he didn't make a habit of posting a lot in the forums after he left the game. I think he's done admirably, especially for someone that hadn't played the game for very long.

Sillamon

« Reply #29 on: October 18, 2010, 02:03:17 pm »

So you think money will make the game better?
That's a pretty youthful assumption for a real life old timer.

Prove me wrong; Donate some money today and see if it gets any better.