Author Topic: a little help for a little hammerwielder?  (Read 901 times)

Durwyn

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Athénée Royal Jean Rey Couvin
a little help for a little hammerwielder?
« on: April 18, 2007, 09:44:01 am »
Hello all. i dont know if this topic is at the good place but dont find any good place to it. It is NOT a complaint. but in the futur i would appreciate as many others that in the motd of ps marks the news about the server. lets take an example : im on ps each day, and i had NEVEEEERR saw a topic talking about quests code remade. as everybody knows, the quests cant be discarded now. and here comes my question : in the future will that option being able again? if no well, i would like some help to my personal char.

Durwyn, alias Dudu.

Edit : this post CAN BE deleted. the quests problem has a solution. even if some alt chars are needed. thank you.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2007, 10:16:41 am by Durwyn »
http://arjrcouvin.jimdo.com/
Athénée Royal Jean Rey Couvin

LigH

• Forum Legend
    • View Profile
Re: a little help for a little hammerwielder?
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2007, 10:11:08 am »
You will not be able to discard quests you can do only once. So you won't miss that chance forever.

But you should be able to discard again quests you may repeat, in some future.

Gag Harmond
Knight and Ambassador
The Royal House of Purrty

Josellis

« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2007, 02:51:47 am »
The DEVs are also trying to make NPCs compatible with several active quests at one time. For now, I can give you a trick (might not work with all quests, but worked for me :)):

now here's what you have to do in the quest (e.g.): Talk to A, he will give you A1, then bring A1 to person B, he will then ask you to talk to C who will give you object C1, give object C1 to B and will then give you the object F and the quest is done.

Now, if you have another quest involving character F, try going back one step and give object C1 to B, and if that doesn't work, go back another step (talk to C), et caetera, et caetera.

PS: I tried to make it as clear as possible, hope it is for you :)

Durwyn

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Athénée Royal Jean Rey Couvin
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2007, 05:07:46 am »
You will not be able to discard quests you can do only once.

hehe, this sentence is false :) for example, i had the quest from Rylour about the Interview and the quest from Taulim. so there was a conflict , normal?  ;) . so i wasnt able to do one of them. i tried to discard the quest from Taulim no success, but i didnt try the quest from Rylour, and at my big surprise the quest was discarded normal? ;) i completed the Taulim and get back the Rylour one. so, for those who got problems with conflict, try to discard the quests which are used with the npc needed.
(that can be 3-4 quests max : as Jayose, Levrus, murago and Vaieund quests together for example.)

Good luck
http://arjrcouvin.jimdo.com/
Athénée Royal Jean Rey Couvin

Karyuu

• Forum Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2007, 11:49:53 am »
Durwyn, you are no longer able to discard any quests at all. If there is a conflict between several quests you have open, you will have to finish them in the right order.
Judge: Are you trying to show contempt for this court, Mr Smith?
Smith: No, My Lord. I am attempting to conceal it.

Elvicat

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
    • My site
« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2007, 05:03:17 pm »
Karyuu not to burst your bubble or something but erm... i discarded one yesterday just becuase of another quest thats bugged bigtime on me and cat get rid of it  :sweatdrop:

Karyuu

• Forum Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2007, 05:10:58 pm »
"Burst my bubble"? :) Odd way of putting it. I am going off of this information from Xillix. Perhaps that has changed since.
Judge: Are you trying to show contempt for this court, Mr Smith?
Smith: No, My Lord. I am attempting to conceal it.

Elvicat

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
    • My site
« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2007, 06:06:05 am »
don't think it has changed but i could still discard 1 of my quests  ::| and glad you liked "my way of putting it" , just something random out of my "odd" head ;D

Jeraphon

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 30, 2007, 07:54:26 am »
Key word is "could." It has indeed been changed.