Author Topic: Movements - Health  (Read 526 times)

Durwyn

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Athénée Royal Jean Rey Couvin
Movements - Health
« on: December 23, 2007, 11:03:20 am »
Hello  :)
i come with an idea that everybody will accept, at the beginning. there could also have some modifications according to the replies that this topic will have  ;D

I suggest that if our health is down to 50% or less , your stamina decrease faster because you arent in fit anymore and need to put more efforts on your actions. (and also you got obviously damaged and your body isnt able to do what it can with 100%)

i think this could be applied to npcs too. all those who runs like mads on you when they spotted you lol

i think this idea makes all its sense :)

(http://www.hydlaa.com/flyspray_upgrade/index.php?do=details&task_id=846)
http://arjrcouvin.jimdo.com/
Athénée Royal Jean Rey Couvin

Erisnas

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
Re: Movements - Health
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2007, 12:25:53 pm »
While it does make sense it doesn't account for the "fight or flee" mode your body goes into when you are in mortal danger.  If anything it might work better to allow you to run faster, for a shorter time.  Also, and I have been wondering this for some time, what is health based on?  Does 50% health mean you are fairly well you just are really bruised or cut.  Or does it mean that from the waist up you are perfectly fine, but your legs just got cut off?  Violent yes, but it will have to be better defined for when this effect occurs.

veinslayer

• Traveller
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2007, 01:34:00 pm »
i think that your character should swing differently and react differently depending on how hurt and/or tired they are. also rage and pride should do certain things in combat, like pride: benefit; 50% chance of surviving single hit ko's, deficit= cannot decline or give up in combat.
rage=+20% stamina regen, -4% ment. stamina regen, - 12 def, and +10% atk. and set it up where each one applies to race (klyros are more prideful than ynnwn for instance, and ynnwn are more angry than klyros, so it balances out)

Ilirion

• Traveller
  • Dragon lover, experience mage, quick fighter.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2008, 11:36:10 am »
I would like to add another idea: when your physical stamina is low (lower than 50%, just for example) shouldn't you attack with lower strength and speed?
And when you fall off a cliff, shouldn't you have to lie down for a while like if you're dead, then get up again? I think you should also lose physical stamina when you fall. It all leads to how your stats affect the others. I think it's worth it, but it would take some time.
http://dragcave.ath.cx/user/23756 You pick up a scroll entitled Ilirion. It marks the progress of 4 eggs.
Please click on View for each of the eggs. At least the first one. He's going to die if you don't.

Paranoia

• Traveller
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2008, 06:40:28 pm »
both ideas - influence done by your health or/and stamina on your actions - i like very very much.