Author Topic: New Group Window - Disccussion  (Read 827 times)

Durwyn

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Athénée Royal Jean Rey Couvin
New Group Window - Disccussion
« on: March 02, 2008, 10:56:02 am »
Greetings,
The new group window shows races, hp and mana now  :D the negative point has Caarrie pointed out in her topic is that you have only a scroll bar when you open the group window.  X-/ launched the game and got more details of the problem...and i said at my "pfff je vais pas laisser ca ainsi" (i wont let that as its)  :P

I modified a bit the group.xml and finally be happy of this version: http://dudu.110mb.com/group.xml  \\o//
although i understand why there werent any :) i wanted to make an "invisible" background of 5x5 on which we could click and beginning invites.
I tried to find where that "bgimage resource="Group Background" was located but couldnt find it..

for the ones who try this, give me your feedback :)

Edit: forgot the screenshot xP

« Last Edit: March 02, 2008, 10:58:37 am by Durwyn »
http://arjrcouvin.jimdo.com/
Athénée Royal Jean Rey Couvin

Caarrie

• Forum Addict
  • We want no UNFIXED bugs!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    • View Profile
    • PlaneShift3dMods
Re: New Group Window - Disccussion
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2008, 11:03:25 am »
I locked my thread to keep threads like this from happening, for now the devs dont wish for there to be a background so, per my request please put any discussion about this on the bug tracker so the devs can consider it when they consider any changes to this window

Durwyn

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2008, 11:17:36 am »
for now the devs dont wish for there to be a background so, per my request please put any discussion about this on the bug tracker so the devs can consider it when they consider any changes to this window

For the moment, i think this xml is better than a scroll bar. i got a pm where the background.img is. thanks :) otherwise, i think this thread is useful for the ones who want to have a workaround for the problem of the groupwindow. devs may not want a background, its ok. let players have the choice between this and the original one. (till Devs are ok on a solution)

as a side note, on the bugtracker there arent any temp-fix for this. mine is one.  :)

Caarrie

• Forum Addict
    • View Profile
    • PlaneShift3dMods
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2008, 11:20:58 am »
i dont happen to think this background fits the window as there is nothing on the bottom, also have you checked all 3 skins? I dont think we need a work around for this as we dont have a huge issue here that has to be solved right now, if it was a huge issue the testers and devs would have worked to fix it already before the release was made.

Durwyn

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2008, 11:30:20 am »
i dont happen to think this background fits the window as there is nothing on the bottom
yes i know this problem but still i can right click everywhere on the background and the three options: invite, leave and disband, shows up correctly.

also have you checked all 3 skins? I dont think we need a work around for this as we dont have a huge issue here that has to be solved right now
didnt check all the skins yet, good to tell me that.  :D otherwise, this isnt a huge issue, you'r right.  :-[

(will post a screen of all the skins when the server let me time to :P)

Caarrie

• Forum Addict
    • View Profile
    • PlaneShift3dMods
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2008, 11:34:53 am »
the only issue i see in this window as i pointed out in the post that is stickied is that there is the scroll bar that shows up when you first open the window, that is what has to be fixed not adding a background, if the devs wanted a background added they would have done so already. So what is needed is a code change to this window to make the scrollbar only show up when needed and not when there are no members, a fix to this should be talked about on the tracker, that is my point here. It is nice to have options like this, but this one i dont think fits the window very well at all, just my opinion.

neko kyouran

« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2008, 11:58:30 am »
what good is a forum, if there isn't supposed to be discussions on it?  the thread stays unlocked.

Durwyn is free to comment on the no background thing and allowed to make a fix for those that want one right now.  this  no different than whn people make gui mods.

the only thing that is wrong here, is that this post is in the wrong forum section, which i'll move now.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2008, 02:04:20 pm by neko kyouran »

Shami

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2008, 12:56:04 pm »
thanks durwyn. :] the invisible window bugged me a lot, and this is the perfect fix. much obliged
Proud owner of The Steelheart Collective, which consists of:
~~The Steelheart Armory: http://syndicate.xordan.com/wiki/doku.php/public:armory
~~The Steelheart Courier: h