Author Topic: MAgic Crash  (Read 837 times)

Saitre Dragon

• Wayfarer
    • View Profile
MAgic Crash
« on: January 04, 2007, 01:34:57 am »
I have the the fix for magic and i still crash after casting the spell 5 times. I there anything else i can do besides bt on the vertecs buffer and pdate the video drivers. Is the right media to go through this? The Error reads:

Something unepected happened in Planeshift: Crystal Blue
Details: Exception_Access_Violation at 693605C0 with Win Xp.

Answers? Ideas?

neko kyouran

Re: MAgic Crash
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2007, 01:51:35 am »
If that's always the error code or at least reoccurs reguraly, you can check this thread http://hydlaa.com/smf/index.php?topic=26465.0 and see if that error code exists there.  If it isn't in that thread, you could send a dump file as outlined in that same thread.

Bartholin

• Hydlaa Resident
  • May the azure sun always shine on you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2007, 02:29:44 am »
I have the the fix for magic and i still crash after casting the spell 5 times. I there anything else i can do besides bt on the vertecs buffer and pdate the video drivers. Is the right media to go through this? The Error reads:

Something unepected happened in Planeshift: Crystal Blue
Details: Exception_Access_Violation at 693605C0 with Win Xp.

Answers? Ideas?

chances are that your graphics card cant take the load of mem needed to keep it active.
even with vertexx buffers on. i to have the same problem and i found that its becuase i dont have a good enough graphics card
502 ram and yea :)).
so i fix crashing by a) not using spells :\ and b) turning around when around thoise that do.
sorry.. thats all i got
* Bartholin Has fun making a Dust Army!
http://s78.photobucket.com/albums/j101/ninjaps2/Planeshift/ {PS ss}
May the azure sun always shine on you and your path be pathed with gold. I will miss you all. Good bye.

Karyuu

• Forum Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2007, 04:44:39 am »
Crash Number:69xxxxxx while casting "missile" spell or entering BD area. 6972xxxx related to Nvidia drivers and 6973xxxx to Nvidia GeForce, even in a non specifical situation (e.g. just fighting)

It shouldn't have anything to do with the load on your card. Are you sure you get the exact same crashes?
Judge: Are you trying to show contempt for this court, Mr Smith?
Smith: No, My Lord. I am attempting to conceal it.

Saitre Dragon

• Wayfarer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2007, 05:59:50 pm »
Answer to all,

I looked a the message i shall try to recreate the crash(which i have fond is rather easy). I will save the file and turn it in. Also, I would have to agree with Bathilion on the memory overload. I run a P4 2.8GHz with 512 Ram and a ATI 345M IGP. I will see how this runs differently on the system i am building for someone. I think it is the same crash category but not exact in numbering. At least it happens with weakness and misslie. Freeze doent seem to be affect. I think becase of a little grapihcs applied to it. I told a friend about this game and said they should have atleast 1 GB of Ram for non loaded map and 2 GB of Ram for loaded with a 256 Video card. I think this would help alot with most of the graphics related errors. I hope this is not to far off topic

hulla

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2007, 06:07:12 pm »
if you use "window" open the ps setup push "vortex buffering" on "on" close setup restart the game (but ALL the problems dont disepear  whit this :@#\)

emeraldfool

• Veteran
  • Irish (adj.): Cynical; morally bankrupt
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio (or at least what I've bothered to upload...)
« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2007, 10:06:31 am »
Same thing happens to me. I have the latest drivers and vertex buffer is on, and I can even survive watching a spell or two, but after several go off I crash out.
Though I'm sure it does, I'll check and see if it's got the same Crash no.

AryHann

• Veteran
  • WonderWoman
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2007, 06:33:02 am »
The issue that can be solved with the workaround of the vertex buffer on is usually due to a not perfectly new Nvidia card.

If you have a quite detailed situation of your case I recommend you to try to speak with res2k or Jorrit on #crystalspace on the irc server irc.freenode.net
What I can see is that the problem is in the graphic card (that number is usrely to the nvidia card) but then why it happens, I don't know.
AryHann

http://www.reflex.lth.se/culture/annelov - Virtual Annelöv -
Engine Dep. - One of Talad's Angels - Aka ww & Ahrijani's Goddess

Bartholin

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 08, 2007, 06:18:22 pm »
if i cast weakness. see it cast, cast magic missle, see it casted at close range/ or a lot cast at farther range. i crash...

vertexx bugger is on. am i doomed to never beable to use magic? naa.. i can use fire blast :thumbdown:
May the azure sun always shine on you and your path be pathed with gold. I will miss you all. Good bye.

Saitre Dragon

• Wayfarer
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 08, 2007, 10:10:26 pm »
After upgrading my  computer i have had no problems futher with this bug. I have tried and tried hard to get it to crash but i am still able to play with out the error. I think part of it was the fact of the memory for the video card(ATI IGP before Now ATI Radeon X1300) got over loaded with packets at once cause the crash. I also made sure i turned on the buffer jsut in case.

AryHann

• Veteran
  • WonderWoman
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 09, 2007, 12:41:54 am »
Bartholin, most probably the choices you have are three:

1) Have the crash all the time
2) Stress res2k with your problem
3) Change graphic card to a more advance and recent one
AryHann

emeraldfool

• Veteran
  • Irish (adj.): Cynical; morally bankrupt
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio (or at least what I've bothered to upload...)
« Reply #11 on: January 09, 2007, 04:51:01 pm »

Before I potentially piss off someone influential, could you tell me exactly what this Res guy could do to fix my problem? I don't wanna download IRC and all that just to get a "It'll be fixed in Beta" or a "I'll see what I can do" or even have the obvious stated...

Bartholin

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 09, 2007, 06:27:10 pm »

i posted that to show that my first post was the most correct answer.. that the crashes are a bug.. but rather what happens when you are running crap cards... though thanks for input  :P

so ya.. i KNOW i need a better card.. though.. umm.. didnt use to have the problem before the update.. UMM... intresting.. very intresting...

AryHann

• Veteran
  • WonderWoman
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 10, 2007, 12:27:55 am »

Before I potentially piss off someone influential, could you tell me exactly what this Res guy could do to fix my problem? I don't wanna download IRC and all that just to get a "It'll be fixed in Beta" or a "I'll see what I can do" or even have the obvious stated...

Res2k is a developer in Crystal Space.
He is the one with the best knowledge about this issue and about how CS is related to a graphic card.
If you don't like IRC, there is the CS forum as well as his email.
AryHann

Bartholin

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 10, 2007, 06:34:42 pm »
when the new release version came out.. did you change anything for the graphics? maybe added somthing to them so that now i cant cast the spell.. cuz last version i was able to cast any spell with out crashing.. but now i do  ???