Author Topic: Can't launch game  (Read 856 times)

Kerriebethe

• Wayfarer
    • View Profile
Can't launch game
« on: January 15, 2010, 08:22:14 pm »
Hey all,
My friend downloaded ps using the torrent download for windows 32 bit system. After installing it and trying to open the program he gets an error message that says:

C:\Program Files\Planeshift\pslaunch.exe
This application has failed to start because the application configuration is incorrect. Reinstalling this application may fix the problem.

He has installed and uninstalled the program several times and it still isn't working. Anyone have any advice or a fix for this problem? Thanks for the help.

Ench

• Traveller
    • View Profile
Re: Can't launch game
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2010, 12:25:20 am »
well as long as it is the new client version...0.5.1  he downloaded it should be working....If he has run the pslaunch and fixed the client, and done the fixes in the readme file in the PlaneShift  as you said he did , when i talked to you in game i got no clue what to suggest ...

i dont use Windows so if some one else could help Kerrie's friend get through the toughest phase of PS we could have one more player in this awesome game!   :thumbup:
!

thank so much

Ench

Malurek

• Wayfarer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2010, 01:52:08 pm »
I am having the exact same problem, got the uTorrent, let it download through that, installed the game, and I get the same message.  Uninstalled, reinstalled, still the same message.  Installed over it without uninstalling, still got the same message.  I am using Windows XP Media 05, never have I had a problem playing a game I install, except Command and Conquer 3, but that was because I needed to get a graphics card, other then that, I've never had a direct problem.  "done the fixes in the readme file in the PlaneShift", what do I fix here if this is the problem?
« Last Edit: January 16, 2010, 01:54:07 pm by Malurek »

Lanarel

• Testers
  • Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2010, 02:29:28 am »
This may be a problem with the Visual studio redistributables. Some have had problems with that. Reinstalling those hopefully fixes the problem. You can download them from microsoft, I think from this link:
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?displaylang=en&FamilyID=9b2da534-3e03-4391-8a4d-074b9f2bc1bf