Author Topic: Imma n00b D:  (Read 1767 times)

Vitiated

• Traveller
    • View Profile
Imma n00b D:
« on: November 15, 2007, 01:56:59 pm »
I have absolutely no idea how to play
I'm one of those female tiger/human thingies.
And I'm in the town after the tutorial
Is this still a computer inhabited town?
Can I have some help?!

Parallo

• Forum Addict
  • Ꞇíꞃ Luıᵹ̇ꝺeaċ
    • View Profile
Re: Imma n00b D:
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2007, 01:59:15 pm »
Must... refrain... from... nastiness...

Hi there. Maybe you could direct yourself towards the large amount of guides here. And maybe the website too. They are called Enkidukais.
I suggest the statue of Laanx gets turned into a statue of Parallo <3. An NPC could never replace the huge hole he left in my heart when he died  :'(

Vitiated

• Traveller
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2007, 02:00:32 pm »
YES. Refrain from nastiness D<
This is probably one of the first MMORPG's I've actually been able to get hold of. >>;;

After all, I'm a girl with a life XD

Zhaxor

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2007, 07:44:59 pm »
After all, I'm a girl with a life XD

The why are you here with us? OMG a real person ;-)

Yes the town is a real town with both computer controlled characters (NPC's - Non Player Characters) and human controlled characters (GINL"s - Geeks With No Life). The best place to find the GINL's by far is upstairs in Trasok's blacksmith shop, there's always a few there. Just ask the way to Hydlaa, that's where the rest of us are (or In Bronze Door, but lets not go there yet). Say hi if You see me ingame, name of Zaxor.

Suno_Regin

• Forum Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2007, 07:58:59 pm »
Ehm, you might wanna make a new character...Enkidukais are really impossible to play as your first character I think.

neko kyouran

« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2007, 08:52:29 pm »
Ehm, you might wanna make a new character...Enkidukais are really impossible to play as your first character I think.

counter point: zorbel's first character and still main character is a female enki.

Suno_Regin

• Forum Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2007, 08:53:44 pm »
Counter-counter point: Zorbels had an idea what she was doing. Plus, when she started playing I don't think the Enkidukai spawn point was in Ojaveda...she started only a little after I did.

neko kyouran

« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2007, 08:54:40 pm »
wrong and wrong.

Suno_Regin

• Forum Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 15, 2007, 08:57:06 pm »
Why are you speaking for Zorbels? =/

When I met her, shortly after she started playing, she was already roleplaying. She was smarter than the average newbie, I know that much.

Edit: And I might as well say this. Even if the spawn point back then was in ojaveda for enkidukai (which I still don't think is true), the road was...actually a road, not wide-space you can get lost in really easily like it is now, and stamina was bugged so you could run the whole way without stopping, and the mobs back then almost never fought back, making things an easy start. I guess if you wanna argue we can edit my post to say "nowadays, Enkidukai are hard to play as for your first character."
« Last Edit: November 15, 2007, 09:01:18 pm by Suno_Regin »

neko kyouran

« Reply #9 on: November 15, 2007, 09:00:43 pm »
and you are saying Vitiated isn't without ever meeting them?  :)

Suno_Regin

• Forum Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 15, 2007, 09:03:54 pm »
I have absolutely no idea how to play
I'm one of those female tiger/human thingies.
And I'm in the town after the tutorial
Is this still a computer inhabited town?
Can I have some help?!

That's all I need to know, that sums up what the person knows about the game. =/

Now imagine sticking this person in a remote town where the only real roleplay and training she can get (don't call the people camping Trasok's furnace roleplayers) is if she runs all the way to hydlaa, which she'll easily get lost on the way to because the "road" that used to be between oja and hydlaa is now an open field with no coordination except "move forward and over every single obstacle and hill in your way...might take a few deaths and retries from climbing a hill then getting flung back to the bottom of it till you get there"
« Last Edit: November 15, 2007, 09:08:54 pm by Suno_Regin »

Earl_Listbard

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 15, 2007, 09:09:44 pm »
focus on helping the new guy, and less about useless fur bags.

Ahem, theres a player guide on the site, you can find a link via your PS folder if you cannot get enough help via searching the forums.

Welcome to planeshift.

Raa

• Veteran
  • Halp meh...!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 16, 2007, 12:07:53 am »
Huh, I started with a furry pillow for my first character... like during this last summer (June 25, but I didn't start playing until weeks later). And it was pretty easy for me to start out like that. Maybe it's different for every person.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2007, 12:12:18 am by Raa »

Marqsaynt

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 16, 2007, 02:32:29 am »
To be honest, I think it may actually be easier to start out in Oja. Hydlaa can be a little overwhelming when you are new and just think about where all the "newbs" are told to go when they spawn in Hydlaa... The Sewers. I can't think of a much more confusing map than that. As long as a person remembers to duck the rogues, something that most new players find out pretty quick one way or the other, then Oja is actually a pretty chill place to begin, regardless of any perceived RP aptitude.

@Vitiated: Like most people already mentioned, a good place to start is the player guide and anything else you need to know can almost always be found by asking someone in-game for a little help. 9 times out of 10 I'd like to think that people are pretty polite and helpful (especially if you ask them in-character, RP is a huge part of Planeshift ;)).

Mordraugion

• Hydlaa Notable
  • Ex Dev and GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 16, 2007, 08:25:57 am »
of course there is also the /help channel and if really stuck and I mean really really stuck then you can contact a Game Master via /petition or /tell
No longer a member of the PlanShift Development Team
Hokinon or Hoki on IRC

PS is not a democracy, nor will it ever be -- Karyuu 2006
http://www.hydlaaplaza.com/smf/index.php?topic=21049.msg230947#msg230947