Author Topic: Seeking of the Butcher  (Read 5191 times)

Mariana Xiechai

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
Re: Seeking of the Butcher
« Reply #30 on: January 09, 2012, 08:27:32 pm »
* Mariana Xiechai points at Travosh and smirks. "Bring it on, Batman!"

Phantomboy86

• Hydlaa Notable
  • Sarva used to own the deed to my soul.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 09, 2012, 11:42:19 pm »
tut tut tut, you knew what happened the last time. I 'spose we must do this dance again.

*Travosh wiggles his tongue at Mari. "And yes, it will be a slow jam."

Aramara Meibi

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 10, 2012, 12:44:40 am »
I read it, now I can't unread it. Thanks.

* Aramara Meibi willfully cuts out all of her sensory organs so that she can be blissfully unawares of the atrocities taking place in this forum. (and yes, that includes the flaying of her own skin).
all blessings to the assembled devotees.

Mariana Xiechai

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 10, 2012, 04:52:04 pm »
* Mariana Xiechai watches Aramara's self mutilation in confusion and gives Travosh a puzzled look. "I think I missed something..."

Mariana Xiechai

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 12, 2012, 05:53:12 pm »
[Forewarned! This entry is a bit gruesome.]

Finally, something had gone entirely right. Smooth as butter, as some would say, spread across so much warm and toasted bread. Pathetic that the first body had caused so little stir. It was possible that was because it belonged to a person not of this level. As stated, disruption of the norm was difficult, but at the same time it was proving rather hard to kidnap another steady and stalwart figure without invoking full-blown societal wrath. And while he may have been a man with considerable talent to stave off the suffocating tide of mass justice, there was only so much he could do on his own.

So he had opted for going in between. Had stolen the lovely yet unsuspecting bard right as she practiced her tune in the streets. From what he could figure, she'd been present for a few weeks in the city at least, enough to make friends, gifted with a personality nearly as inviting and amiable as the music her fingers produced upon that well-worn little lute. Her lungs had had approximately a second to release a startled squeak before he pressed the liquid-laden cloth against her muzzle. This, of course, led to a sharp influx of air on her part in, which carried the powerful relaxant nicely through her system. Her eyes rolled back in her head and she peered at his masked face, limbs limp, unable to make a sound in her near comatose state. The fear was only translated by the rapid contraction of her pupils and the quivering of her crooked whiskers, bent by the pressure of his hand.

Surrounded by wavering green lights and the nearly tangible panic he'd already invoked in the woman, it had been a simple matter to invade her mind. Not quite as malleable as that Teshia woman, but, well, beggars could hardly be choosers. The stench of rot and wreak of rats was also helpful, though often it made even his eyes water and he eventually reached up and covered his mouth and nose with a cloth beneath the mask. In no time the bard, whose name was irrelevant to his purpose...an A, something? Was reaching out towards the venomous dagger and plunging it harshly into her stomach. The illusion fell away, she found herself knee-deep in sewage, and her eyes fell upon his figure looming in front of her just as the light left them. Blood tricked past her pointed teeth and stained a path down the striped whiteness of her fur, and her paws released the weapon she'd just killed herself with, leaving it stuck inside her gut. She struggled to get out a question, a final query, knowing that her time was up. Perhaps not permanently, though she'd figure that out soon enough. The single word was indecipherable primarily, taken over by the gurgling of bodily fluids rushing into her throat at the ravaged condition of her intestines. It made it's way out with the accompaniment of more scarlet liquid, spat upon the ground just before her face met the muck below:

“Why?”

With that, her blood and bile quickly mixed with the feces and urine around her, soaking into her clothing, her fur. The final representation of the truth about her condition rising to the surface, and making itself glaringly known.

His fingers moved of their own accord, used to these motions by now. He plucked up the body, unmindful of the stench and squalor, and brought her over to a table. This time he would make sure he got the point across. He would not take pains in leaving it even partially concealed, oh no. This time, they would be forced to look upon this Truth, with their naked eye, right beneath the statue of Laanx to boot. He would strap her corpse to the balustrade. But first—unfortunate, since such brutality was not typically his methodology—he would have to raise the stakes.

Barsidious grabbed the deceased woman's arm and, using leverage against the table and the full brunt of his weight, snapped through her radius clean. Her forearm swelled, her recent death allowing some sort of reaction that to anyone else would indicate that it was done before her demise. He repeated the process so that the ulna, too, was split, leaving it hanging only by the flesh and letting the edema of the busted vessels fill up the newly vacated spaces. Feeling this perhaps was not quite enough to get his point across, he moved around the table and repeated the process with her ankle, making sure that the awkward angle it sat at made its condition rather obvious.

If they cannot be coaxed to fear death, perhaps they can be convinced to fear a little pain.

Finished with his ministrations, the Ylian picked up the dead kore and his supplies, stuffing them into a large burlap sack, lined to keep her blood from spilling so that he could be at least...somewhat subtle. Then again, dead as it was at this time, even on the plaza, there should not be any issue. With a grunt, he hefted his heavy burden and descended into the sewers, using a subtle path to find his way up to the surface.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2012, 11:01:53 pm by Mariana Xiechai »

Phantomboy86

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 12, 2012, 10:16:28 pm »
Blood, bile, feces, and urine. Is she in pittsburgh?

Aramara Meibi

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 13, 2012, 12:20:51 am »
Blood, bile, feces, and urine. Is she in pittsburgh?

I award you one point. I would have said Bourbon Street.

Cirerey

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 13, 2012, 08:35:33 am »
Nicely written - if quite unpleasant. I look forward to the howling mob.

Mariana Xiechai

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 13, 2012, 10:53:38 am »
[And the reaction to the body in RP format. Thank you to all who participated. I left it running for a few hours, I'll simply post, broken into separate pieces, the two interactions people gave.]

Avaragil's description:
[A fenki is hanging on the balustrade. Her arm has been harshly broken, hanging by threads and tendons, and her ankle is bent at a painful, broken angle. Buried deep in her gut is a dagger, the source of her demise, the blood from the wound trickling out to soak her tunic and slowly the hem of her trousers. A rope across her collarbone, and another around her waist, keeps her upright, and her eyes have not been closed in death, lending them an eerie and ethereal stare. Judging by the fact that her body did not vanish upon death, it is fairly plain: this woman is truly and forever gone.]

(17:40:18) Taya says: Uhmm.
(17:40:46) Karnath says: I am enki!
(17:40:51) Karnath says: Probably.
(17:40:58) Taya says: Somehow think we can't do much to save this one...
(17:41:37) Edialeda says: I think, you're right.
(17:41:51) Maradec says: I don't like this..
(17:41:52) Taya says: I suggest we get out of here and quickly... if the guard sees us with this...
(17:42:12) Maradec starts backing away..
(17:42:23) Edialeda says: Or maybe we should go inform the guards on this!
(17:42:32) Taya says: Let's head back to the inn... if anyone asks we weren't here

~~~~~~

Weffosh says: A gruefull sight i'm afraid..
(21:35:47) Weffosh says: Does anyone recognize her?
(21:35:59) Onilise says: I wonder who killed her?
(21:36:19) Avaragil's head hangs limply, lifeless eyes staring at the cobblestones. A trickle of blood has worked its way from the wound in her stomach down to her feet, staining the entire stone podium with her blood. She stands in this small puddle, obviously unawares of the goings on around her, deaf and dumb in death.
(21:36:40) Onilise prays that Xiosia would bless her soul
(21:37:02) Korumak gives a soft grow
(21:37:10) Korumak says: growl... Kisoji....
(21:37:32) Onilise says: Kisoji killed her?
(21:37:57) Icerra approaches the corpse and inspects it closely, she turns toward the crowd and demands, "Who's this girl? What'd she ever do to deserve this?"
(21:38:07) Korumak says: He has been stalking bards...
(21:38:13) Miomai stares in awe at the corpse before her, "She's with Dakkru now." A smile crosses her face at the thought of it.
(21:38:47) Thidin steps forwards, slowly "i wouldn't say that."
(21:38:57) Caraick stands silently, looking over the scene. His face is drawn expressionless, eyes creased in thought.
(21:39:11) Onilise frowns "poor girl"
(21:39:12) Korumak says: he's attacked 4 I know of
(21:39:29) Miomai turns to Thidin, "What would you say?"
(21:39:45) Thidin looks to Miomai "This girl didn't make it to that realm."
(21:40:23) Korumak says: Thidin has apoint, all of Kisoji's victums went to the death realm the onces he killed
(21:40:31) Onilise nods
(21:40:41) Korumak says: He doesnt have this kind of well power
(21:40:43) Miomai decides not to waste anymore time with a non-believer, besides, she can't quite recall the revelation that explains what happens after true death. So she just turns back and stares at the corpse in awe again.
(21:41:03) Icerra grows agitated, "Some nobody fenki gets permanent death? Why? What'd she do? This is pointless, her death means nuthin' if she don't deserve it!"
(21:41:26) Caraick folds his paws slowly over his staff, eyes sad, and expression quiet.
(21:41:28) Onilise furrows her brow "I agree"
(21:41:34) Weffosh says: How can you say that, knowing nothing of how she died?
(21:41:56) Weffosh says: For all we know of her she could have been a rougue or a thief..
(21:41:56) Onilise says: because we do know nothing...
(21:41:58) Korumak says: Bit its clear... who ever this is, is targeting bards
(21:42:00) Miomai says: "How do you know she didn't deserve it?" Mimai asks Icerra, a rare level-headed question from the normally insane fenki.
(21:42:25) Avaragil's lifeless eyes stare outwards at the crowd, and even in death it appears eerily as though she is listening to what is being said about her: Her ears pricked forward, her mouth slightly ajar, if not for the faint trickle of blood leaking past her pointed teeth one might even think she is paying rapt attention.
(21:42:59) Onilise says: we should at least loosen the ropes
(21:43:10) Icerra demands again, "Who is she? She's nobody!"
(21:43:16) Korumak says: Give her a proper burial
(21:43:40) Weffosh murmurs something like "I'm not touching that corpse"
(21:43:42) Caraick nods his quiet agreement. "Bury her with some dignity."
(21:44:03) Miomai says: "We don't bury our dead." she says to Korumak, still rather reasonable. Perhaps the topic of death brings clarity to her mind.
(21:44:04) Thidin nods "Shove her down the burial well."
(21:44:27) Weffosh winces at the word "Shove"
(21:44:33) Korumak says: Should I even ask what you do with the corpses?
(21:44:39) Weffosh says: By the gods woman, don't you have any respect?
(21:44:43) Korumak says: the ones that dont go to the death realm
(21:44:52) Onilise says: Well she's not doing the Hydlaa water system any favors where she is
(21:44:57) Weffosh says: Eonwind told me..
(21:45:03) Icerra says: hey's pointless, she ain't nuthin but consumer food now
(21:45:12) Weffosh says: The corpses go to the burial well
(21:45:26) Caraick shakes his head slowly, sadly, and walks over nearer to the fountain. He moves as though to reach up, and attempt to loosen the binds around the Fenki.
(21:45:30) Avaragil's eyes glimmer, evidencing tears left in them upon her death. Tracks have been traced down her face, down the channels beside her eyes, perhaps a final, keening plea to her killer before he took her life.
(21:45:31) Korumak says: Then what seems to be the hold up?
(21:45:44) Thidin looks to Weffosh "That what happens to everyone. A proper morning for the souless body then it is put into the burial well to be fed to Consumers. Thats life."
(21:46:35) Miomai rummages through her sack for a book, and, pulling it out, she begins flipping through it, "Wheah is my rrritual?" she asks herself.
(21:47:19) Korumak says: Anyone tries to feed my body after my final death to any animal is getting haunted...
(21:47:21) Avaragil begins to crumple at Caraick's touch. Her chest collapses in upon itself, followed by her head, her fingers and toes, her legs and arms. They all crumple inwards, collapsing as if whatever held them up has been eaten away from within, reducing the interior to nothing but ashes and dust. Even her fur begins to split and fall apart, piece by piece, until nothing at all but a little pile of dust remains, colorless, a deadened grey, to blend in nicely with the stone. The dagger drops down on top of it with a 'clang' of resounding finality.
(21:47:23) Icerra says: she ain't nobody in life, she ain't nuthin' in death, that's how it goes
(21:47:30) Onilise laughs at Korumak
(21:47:42) Caraick withdraws his paw quickly, observing the odd spectacle.
(21:48:13) Onilise gasps at the now ashen corpse
(21:48:27) Thidin blinks as she watches the body dissapear.
(21:48:28) Icerra jumps onto the platform and picks up the dagger
(21:48:35) Onilise says: what kind of magic is that?
(21:48:50) Miomai gives up on rummiging through her sack o' junk since the corpse is gone now anyway.
(21:48:54) Thidin goes to stop her, but doesn't, not caring.
(21:49:26) Onilise says: poor little fenki
(21:49:31) Caraick steps back slowly, shaking his head sadly.
(21:49:46) Onilise wipes a small tear for the ended life so young
(21:49:47) Weffosh says: Nothing remains but ashes to be swept in the wind..
(21:50:11) Thidin looks to Caraick as he backs up
(21:50:55) Weffosh says: From Yliakum she came to Yliakum she returns..
(21:51:03) Avaragil's ashes begin to shift slightly, as if cued by Eonwind's statement. They billow upwards into a vortex, a small cacoon of whirling breezes. They sweep up every last trace, and carry it off, as if being controlled and given it's own destination, leaving behind only the dried, cracked stains of blood.
(21:51:40) Hareneg watches the the billow of ashes
(21:51:44) Onilise fingers her Xiosia amulet as if to feel closer by the Goddess
(21:51:46) Miomai says: "I can't practice my rrritual now," she says quietly.
(21:51:46) Thidin wobbles up to Caraick, whispering to him
(21:52:01) Icerra steps off the platform landing deftly next to Miomai, holding the dagger carefully in her paw she looks it over, "This did it Lazarene, this released her completely... this is everything we ever wanted..."
(21:52:14) Caraick leans a bit closer to Thidin, so as to catch her whisper.
(21:52:45) Weffosh pauses for a bit, than picks up the crystals.
(21:52:55) Caraick lifts his head to the side, responding to Thidin.
(21:53:12) Weffosh nods to the stone as if paying respects, and moves away..
(21:53:14) Miomai looks at the dagger, somewhat interested, "How did it do that? Is theah any black tah on it?"

Mariana Xiechai

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 13, 2012, 10:58:55 am »
There's more to it, (I had to log the character because it didn't make much sense for her body to still be there) so if someone stumbles upon this post and finds they have more reaction to this event, feel free to post it here. Also, if it spurs your character to do something, you're welcome to post that as well, in the same RP format or written if you enjoy writing.

@Aramara and Travosh: You guys make the most amusing forum thread combination, and I love you.  :love:
@ Cirerey: Thank you. And I know, not pleasant, but well, at least you definately understand that Barsidious is not a nice man.  ;D

Aramara Meibi

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 13, 2012, 10:06:29 pm »
The spirits of the Death Realm stirred, an eddy in a stream of phantom particles. In the ruins buried under the Iron Temple of Hydlaa, Icerra Meibi turned in her sleep.

|||:|:+:+:\\._-_._-_.//:+:+:|:|||

"Listen... things are happening, don'tcha hear? We need you to be strong, we need you to be smart, I need you to lead, you hear me?"

The clamod met her eyes, a look of loss and hopelessness overcome suddenly with resolve and determination.

"I'll lead," Lazarene said simply, puffed out her chest, and followed the others down to the plaza, "Follow me."

So she did follow. The two of them quit the tavern and followed the crowd down the lengthy steps to the expansive plaza below, towards the promise of one truly dead. A corwd had formed around the site, tavern patrons, scragglers in Harnquist's army of slave wage smiths, and professional gawkers alike. The fenki hung on the balustrade. Her arm had been harshly broken, hanging by threads and tendons, and her ankle was bent at a painful, broken angle. Buried deep in her gut was a dagger, the source of her demise, the blood from the wound trickling out to soak her tunic and slowly the hem of her trousers. A rope across her collarbone, and another around her waist, kept her upright, and her eyes had not been closed in death, lending them an eerie and ethereal stare. Judging by the fact that her body did not vanish upon death, it was fairly plain: this woman was truly and forever gone.

The body was of a fenki Icerra had never lain eyes on before, a girl without a name, a home, a past, a story.

The murmers amongst the crowd were what you would expect, "I wonder who killed her" and "Poor girl", as the dead fenki's head hunng limply, lifeless eyes staring at the cobblestones. A trickle of blood had worked its way from the wound in her stomach down to her feet, staining the entire stone podium with her blood. She stood in this small puddle, obviously unawares of the goings on around her, deaf and dumb in death.

Icerra approached the corpse and inspected it closely. She turned toward the  crowd and demanded, "Who's this girl? What'd she ever do to deserve this?", but no one there could supply much of an answer. They muddled about, shifting uneasily on their feet, debating in whispered, uncertain voices how best to handle the remains of one as gone she.

She grew agitated, "Some nobody fenki gets permanent death? Why? What'd she do? This is pointless, her death means nuthin' if she don't deserve it!"

This seemed to get their attention, if only briefly. There was a vague look on their faces, hovering somewhere near the centroid in the gamut of fear, confusion, and disbelief.

They challenged.

"How can you say that, knowing nothing of how she died?"

"How do you know she didn't deserve it?"

The corpse's lifeless eyes stared outwards at the crowd, and even in death it appeared eerily as though she was listening to what was being said about her: Her ears pricked forward, her mouth slightly ajar, if not for the faint trickle of blood leaking past her pointed teeth one might have even thought she was paying rapt attention.

Some, for some reason, still empathized for the lifeless and unfeeling, now inanimate object.

"We should at least loosen the ropes."

"Give her a proper burial."

"Bury her with some dignity."

Dignity? Icerra couldn't stand it. DIGNITY? There was no dignity in any of this. A senseless, useless, pointless killing, without meaning, without cause. Nothing was lost, and so Dakkru gained nothing from it. No shift in the balance had been made.

"She ain't nobody in life, she ain't nuthin' in death, that's how it goes."

The menki Caraick emerged from the crowd and walked over nearer to the fountain. He moved as though to reach up and attempt to loosen the binds around the Fenki. The mutilated corpse began to crumble at Caraick's touch. Her chest collapsed in upon itself, followed by her head, her fingers and toes, her legs and arms. They all crumpled inwards, collapsing as if whatever held them up has been eaten away from within, reducing the interior to nothing but ashes and dust. Even her fur begins to split and fall apart, piece by piece, until nothing at all but a little pile of dust remains, colorless, a deadened grey, to blend in nicely with the stone. The dagger dropped down on top of it with a 'clang' of resounding finality.

The dagger.

Caraick withdrew his paw quickly, observing the odd spectacle. Gasps resounded throughout the crowd as the event left them stunned, but Icerra spurred to action. She jumped onto the stone platform and picked up the dagger from its bed of fine dust.

As the initial shock subsided, the onlookers felt obliged to comment.

"Poor little fenki."

"Nothing remains but ashes to be swept in the wind..."

The ashes ashes began to shift slightly, as if cued by the statement. They billowed upwards into a vortex, a small cacoon of whirling breezes. They swept up every last trace, and carry it off, as if being controlled and given it's own destination, leaving behind only the dried, cracked stains of blood.

*"\_<*>_/"*"\_<*>_/"*"\_<*>_/"*

In quantum echo, the murmuring dead quickened into a whirlwind, summoning images from the dark depths and feeding them into the sleeping kore's dream.

>>>:=:=:*{}*{}*:=:=:<<<

Icerra held the dagger across her palms, wondering at its simplicity. She cast a glance over the complacent crowd and felt herself suddenly gripped in a compulsive force. Driven by impulse, she made her voice heard.

"Dakkru demands a sacrifice!" she shouted, "A death worthy of her taking!"

The words were not hers, only emerged from her. She was not speaking to the crowd, but was being spoken to, instructed.

The faces now locked on her in fear, a smoldering spark inside her ignited, fueled her passion. She felt  her paws tighten around the dagger hilt and blade. The edges of her vision turned red.

+-\-\-\*}}}*{{{*/-/-/-+-\-\-\*}}}*{{{/-/-/-+

Icerra woke with a start. The scene from the previous day played out in her dreams, only it wasn't. It was different. Hidden among the chain of memories was a sign. She knew instantaneously what it meant.

She slipped the dagger out from under her ragged cloak and held it once again in her palms. There was enough luminescence in the dungeon for her to see it clearly. It was only a simple dagger, one that would be sold en masse, so as not to be easily traced, coated in the dried remnants of a permadeath poison. The coating had been rendered inert through time; Icerra had tested it on enough arangmas, clackers, and rats to confirm this. But it was the only guide she had now to follow if she were to complete her given task.

Dakkru had demanded a sacrifice to make up for the waste that was the fenki stranger's death. Icerra vowed to find the one responsible, to learn their ways, and to make them pay.

Zai Awakidey

• Traveller
  • Maow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 14, 2012, 07:32:57 am »
Still continuing to read this topic. It's a beaut.

Mariana Xiechai

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 14, 2012, 01:56:36 pm »
 \\o// Aramara! That was excellent, and not at all something I had thought would be spurred in your character because of the events...which makes it 100X better! Looking forward to see how that unfolds :D

Zai: Well thank you! I hope you can get involved in-game, the more the merrier!

Phantomboy86

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 14, 2012, 03:57:56 pm »
Seems like ima have to eventually do more fenki-burning.

*Travosh mutters "Only way to deal with a fenki, burn them from the legs up. The head is useless to them anyways"

Mariana Xiechai

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 16, 2012, 11:57:46 am »
There had been another killing. Granted, all she had learned about it was hearsay, since she'd arrived apparently moments after the ritual disintegration of the corpse. And of corpse, some idiotic delinquent had taken it upon themselves to liberate the oh-so-necessary murder weapon from the crime scene, which was tantamount to ripping the foundation out from beneath a building.

Without that residual sample of poison I can't possibly figure out where to look next for the killer, she thought, pacing back and forth on some hill outside the city. She couldn't take the throng of people, bustling and talking and bumping into one another, constantly spreading their own bodily odor. Too many sights and smells and convoluted voices. And the irrelevant conversations and chattering was possibly the worst part, half-whispered murmurings of the most recent “juicy” gossip that drove her batty with its persistent stupidity. Much better listening to the distant chirruping of crickets, or the even more detached rustling of wild beasts exploring the brush with clumsy, lumbering limbs.

Pausing for a moment, she let her thoughts ram into a wall and come to an abrupt halt. Folding her legs, she sunk to the grassy ground beneath her and breathed deeply, her hands finding their way to clamp down on her knees. She inhaled the crisp, wintry air and exhaled the tension from her wound up muscles and scrambling mind. Nothing about this entire endeavor was going as it should have. To numerous people, the Dastrid included, her true identity—or at least the “identity” she professed to be true—had been revealed. One layer peeled back. She only had one more below that, one that had never actually been torn asunder, but still. Typically the primary role of clueless bystander was never compromised, so it was certainly cause for some concern. She had even gone so far as to accept help from one of them; a Travosh, a klyros she knew little to nothing about, with a tendency to be as cryptic as the most complicated and infuriating of alchemical formulas.

She was certain he wasn't the killer, of course, or she wouldn't have let him within ten feet of her. But that hardly meant she trusted him. She trusted nobody. A paranoid statement for sure, yet strenuously maintained caution was what had kept her throat from being slit many many times before. Her instincts told her to be wary, and she followed them religiously, as they'd never led her astray before. She'd accept his help for this endeavor only because he'd proven useful and slightly more tolerable than the masses, but once this ordeal was over she'd make every attempt to ditch him. It shouldn't prove too difficult. He was comparatively as aloof as she was, and would most likely make no effort beyond the initial offer to help track down the killer.

Icerra and Lazarene.

Evirea leaned back and exhaled again, her hand moving over to grip her shoulder. Already she'd tried to track down the pair that had allegedly stolen the dagger from atop the desiccated corpse. As par to her recent run of luck, they turned out to be of the less than sane variety. The kore had killed herself just to get away from their encounter and keep hold of the dagger, and the clamod was one she'd encountered already once before. She was unsound of mind entirely, unable to think with a pattern above that of a common child, and consequently she could consider her as little more than that. A child.

And I was never particularly good with children. They can be so whiny and demanding, and you're always snatching them out of danger. It does no good to further torment the fenki. Best leave her to her own devices. Though from what I understand she was not always so addled. I'm sure the issue is mainly chemical, as most things are in the body. If the small deviation could somehow be corrected I'm certain I could somehow manage to rectify whatever happened and return her to her former level of intellect...

The klyros shook her head and forced her thoughts back onto a more productive track, though she knew it was basically a dead end. Her accomplice had somehow gone down to the death realm to try and deal with Icerra, left her here to wait for him, which only twisted her gut further. A bit of the twisting was guilt, to be sure, as the ordeal was taxing so far as she understood, but also because it left a gap in her knowledge of how it was all unfolding, and that was a twisting thorn in the bottom of her foot.

And then of course there is that Teshia woman, the Dastrid, the presumptuous one that nearly put a damper on the entire operation. Anger made her heart clench, and she soothed herself by running her fingers along the length of her head-fin, breathing out again with slow deliberation. Popped up while we were trying to reclaim the dagger. The little harlot actually thought she could evaluate me. Me, of all people! Hah! She's not spoken more than a single conversation, and yet she professes to have a firm grasp of who I am?!

Evirea looked down at her hands and picked idly at some of the dried, cracking flesh there, still healing from the acid burns she'd given herself from the last encounter with Barsidious. The encounter that had saved the Ylians life, not that she'd actually bothered to offer a thank you. Oh no, rather, she'd decided her thanks would be carried on a snowball chucked at her back and the words “keep your eyes on what is important,” or some cryptic equivalent. Whatever the death realm that meant.

I'm currently chasing a killer that leaves his victims gone from this realm for all eternity, cutting lives abruptly short, and whose death toll is thirteen. One that might be even higher than that, if my estimations and research missed something. I should think that is the most important piece of this entire puzzle, to the abyss with everything else. If my personality is too callous for the fragile little flower then she would do best to simply remain out of my work.

Her lips worked themselves into a tight line as she stood up, deciding she should be checking around to see if her assistant had yet resurfaced with the obnoxious, meddling fenki. She turned herself towards the path leading towards the gate and moved towards it, her steps quick and assured. As she moved, she made a promise to herself regarding the self-righteous woman.

And if you don't stay out of my business, Dastrid,  I swear I'll drug your arse so badly you'll be a babbling mass for the remainder of my time in this blasted city. People will be talking about your drug addict issues for weeks after, and you'll likely never even figure out precisely what happened.

The comedic images this promise produced brought a faint smile to Evirea's lips.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2012, 12:42:02 am by Mariana Xiechai »