Author Topic: Ierefal  (Read 2537 times)

Jilata

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
Ierefal
« on: July 22, 2013, 07:29:18 am »
Ierefal is a time of festivals known as the Coming. They represent when the various races arrived in Yliakum.
Source: PSwiki

[Ierefal is a festival known to everyone! It's almost impossible to not know about it ICly.

To be able to make the event possible, I need as much help as I could get. If you need to contact me, simply answer in this thread, or you could PM here on the forum, via /tell if I am for once IG (Jilata or Oele) or look at #ps-revolutiontalk. I am usually hanging around there. If I am not there, just talk with eonwind there.

Some ideas are already gathered (they are not all from me!). If you have other ideas, you can name them, if you want to do some ideas, please tell me, so I know if there is someone going to help with the event! I can't run the event all alone, so every help I can get is welcome.

The "usual" stuff:

- Food: We need some bakers and cooks to prepare some meal, be it crafted or thought up in the form of books, anything is welcome. Since it is a festival, maybe a variety of sweets you would be nice. For example bonbons, lollipops, candied fruits,...
- Drinks: Alcoholic (beer, liquor,...) and non alcoholic (tea, juices, water, ...) it's the same as with food
- Merchants: Anything you want to sell, can be sold. Maybe something related to the festival like symbols of the portal as pendant or anything else you can think of.
- Decoration - Flowers, pillows, ... anything with colors.

Ideas for artists and other creative stuff:

- Lore-telling: Your charakter doesn't have to be the one who writes those stories. He/she could have heard the story from his/her parents when he/she was small...
- Music: Those who plan to perform using game mechanics, please also have a short description about what you are playing and how well you play it, since there are people who disable the game sounds. (That includes me ;) )
- A play wich centers around the theme maybe
- Religious aspekt: Since the gods were the ones behind the portals leading to Yliakum, maybe some praise towards the gods.
- Religious aspekt: Some kind of pageant of the gods.
- Artists: Art about the gods, the portal or anything else.
- Firework?
- Games: If you can think of some games that could be fun (fun for everyone!), please share your idea so we can see if it is possible to do it or not.

Please spread the word of the event IG as well. Since I am rather busy in RL, I can't log very often, so you have to do it for me.

The event will start on friday 13th September at 22:00 GMT+2.
]

[Updated 2013-07-23: added event date]
[Updated 2013-08-31: changed event date to the new one]
« Last Edit: August 30, 2013, 05:35:20 pm by Jilata »

Mariana Xiechai

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
Re: Ierefal
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2013, 11:46:21 am »
Sounds like a good time. I'm in :)

Eonwind

• Developers
  • Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2013, 03:30:14 pm »
nice idea  :thumbup:

Roled

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2013, 04:37:10 pm »
Depending on time and date, I'm in. Let me think about how I can help- and tell me how I can help you most.
Great!
RR  :sorcerer:
"RR is a PieSexual" ~ Monala

Jilata

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2013, 04:29:52 am »
Sounds like a good time. I'm in :)

I'm counting on you Mariana :P

Depending on time and date, I'm in. Let me think about how I can help- and tell me how I can help you most.
Great!

Probably the most with a lore story. I have one prepared, but it'd be nice if there will be more than only one be told there. But any help is appreciated :)

I fixed the time today. It'll be on friday 30th august at 22:00 CET (20:00 GMT). I hope it's a good time for you to come.

Eardstapa

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2013, 05:02:20 am »
what a GREAT idea, Jilata et al. i have two characters who were interested in this, so i might be able to help with pre-event publicity. (the timing, sad to say, makes it 4am here.)

LigH

• Forum Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2013, 06:07:40 am »
I really hope Esanor can learn brewing until the celebrations... ;)

Gag Harmond
Knight and Ambassador
The Royal House of Purrty

Eonwind

• Developers
  • Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2013, 06:29:14 am »
what a GREAT idea, Jilata et al. i have two characters who were interested in this, so i might be able to help with pre-event publicity. (the timing, sad to say, makes it 4am here.)

if any of you want to run this event at different times as well that would be great and will allow people in different timezones to attend.

Venalan

• Global Moderator
  • Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 23, 2013, 09:25:43 pm »
The start time makes it my lunch time at work, so I can't make it.

Jilata

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 25, 2013, 12:46:56 am »
The start time makes it my lunch time at work, so I can't make it.

Too bad. Maybe you can join later if the event is still running then.

As Eonwind wrote, if there are people willing to keep the event running after we left, because it will be too late for us at some point, feel free to do so.

Roled

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 07, 2013, 07:02:09 pm »
I fixed the time today. It'll be on friday 30th august at 22:00 CET (20:00 GMT). I hope it's a good time for you to come.

Hey Jilata, would you please get the Ierafal posted on the Community Events board as soon as you and Sarva can? A few of us are also planning a second Magick Convention, and we don't want to interfere with your event.  And as soon as it is fixed (I know you've been discussing times...) I will help advtertize it and talk it up ingame.

Thanks!
 :sorcerer: RR  :woot:

Jilata

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 12, 2013, 01:11:12 am »
Was on holidays last week, so it's a bit late. But here you go:

Date: Friday 30th August at 22:00 GMT +2 (20:00 CET)

History of Holiday: Ierefal is a time of festivals known as the Coming. They represent when the various races arrived in Yliakum.

How it is Celebrated: Merchants will bring wares and sell them, stories will be told. Anything that fits the idea of a festival can be done.

Roled

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 12, 2013, 04:14:01 pm »
Thanks for the update Jilata!!!

Candy

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 13, 2013, 10:24:01 pm »
The day before my birthday, too. Hopefully I can make this one!
Role Play Preferences
[1: gossip] Glaciusor: There's now a guy in skimpy armor having war flashbacks about daemons. Have fun Hydlaa

Zai Awakidey

• Traveller
  • Maow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 14, 2013, 03:40:47 am »
This looks like a fun event! Count me in.