Author Topic: Quest question - or a Quest-ion ..  (Read 163 times)

Zai Awakidey

• Traveller
  • Maow.
    • View Profile
Quest question - or a Quest-ion ..
« on: August 17, 2013, 06:38:53 am »
Haha.. Never very good at puns.
Just decided to see if I could complete some quests after a while of not doing them, and seem to have completed the 'Tokens of Regard' quest early. Tried to discard so I could try it again but.. it can only be done once? I haven't seen this message before so just wondered if:
a) If I complete quests incorrectly, does that stop me from completing a chain, and will I have to start over?
b) How can I restart a quest now? Or can I not?

LigH

• Forum Legend
    • View Profile
Re: Quest question - or a Quest-ion ..
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2013, 08:54:01 am »
a) Quests which can only be done once can be completed in different ways, with or without special rewards (e.g. tell Lorytia that you won't run your feet off for her clan reunion, then she will agree that she abused your good will, but may not give you her heirloom). But they can be completed always to ensure that the progression in the chain is possible.

b) If you are really stuck in a quest (maybe because you lost a specific item due to an item database redesign while you were away), a Game Master may be able to reset this quest on petition. But be aware that getting this quest again will now require many other quests being completed before in this chain.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2013, 08:56:10 am by LigH »

Gag Harmond
Knight and Ambassador
The Royal House of Purrty

Zai Awakidey

• Traveller
  • Maow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2013, 09:34:54 am »
Ah super, thank you!

Venalan

• Global Moderator
  • Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2013, 03:58:51 pm »
a) If I complete quests incorrectly, does that stop me from completing a chain, and will I have to start over?

You can't technically complete a quest incorrectly as that implies you manged to complete it in a way that wasn't designed. You can get what I prefer to call "non-optimal quest endings", these will effect length of quests, what you get told settings wise, rewards.. etc

Repeatable quests can be discarded but you are still subject to the timer which blocks the time between which quests can be started again and this varies for most quest. Repeatable quests, we have also been editing to make much more variable. Take Remant's gauntlets which can now be lost in many different places each time you talk to him about it, or Harnquist is hungry which asks for different things (also based on cooking and baking skill level) where the more complex things he asks for give much better rewards. The only thing to be careful about is if you discard a quest the next quest in the chain will not be accessible until you complete it again as the quest has to be a "completed" state.

Contrary to what Ligh said there are -some- but not many quests where specific endings are necessary to progress down a quest chain. But the vast majority have nothing like this. We have some quests being made where the ending you chose will change the next quest but this will just be for small 1-2-3 quest branches.

b) How can I restart a quest now? Or can I not?

If you chose a "non-optimal quest ending" it will not be reset for you. There would be no point in having endings like this if you could just get them reset. The only case where quests will be reset are when there are bugs in the quest preventing you from continuing. Due to bad design, or a change in quest design which isn't compatible with people who started the old version. The last time these bugs appeared was when the questnotes were added a few people are still finding they are stuck like this. If you lose a quest item you can just ask for a new one and a GM can help you out.