Author Topic: I think I've come a long way..  (Read 471 times)

Zai Awakidey

• Traveller
  • Maow.
    • View Profile
I think I've come a long way..
« on: August 29, 2013, 06:31:58 am »
This was my first ever post on the forums from another account when I was like.. 14?

I have absolutely no idea how to play
I'm one of those female tiger/human thingies.
And I'm in the town after the tutorial
Is this still a computer inhabited town?
Can I have some help?!

...mmkay. Like I said, I think I've come a LONG way!

Edit: and the replies to that post was why I didn't return for a few years...
« Last Edit: August 29, 2013, 12:19:41 pm by Zai Awakidey »

Illysia

• Forum Addict
    • View Profile
Re: I think I've come along way..
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2013, 07:38:16 am »
Congratz. Although Suno was totally wrong. My first character in game was a female Enki and so was my second character.  ;)

But wow... that thread was a long time ago... So many people in it I miss and/or have not heard from for years.

Zai Awakidey

• Traveller
  • Maow.
    • View Profile
Re: I think I've come a long way..
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2013, 11:46:51 am »
But wow... that thread was a long time ago... So many people in it I miss and/or have not heard from for years.

It does feel like a whole other world ago. I haven't seen any of those guys on the forums since.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2013, 12:19:50 pm by Zai Awakidey »

LigH

• Forum Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2013, 01:06:51 pm »
I believe you shouldn't have emphasized your noobishness then. This kept me from replying, I remember...

Gag Harmond
Knight and Ambassador
The Royal House of Purrty

Eonwind

• Developers
  • Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2013, 02:52:12 pm »
I believe you shouldn't have emphasized your noobishness then. This kept me from replying, I remember...

who is never been a noob throw the first stone  ;D
anyway Zai, I'm glad you came back since that unpleasant situation on the forum  :)

Roled

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
Re: I think I've come along way..
« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2013, 04:46:00 pm »

Here's just a random thought, Illysia, that your comment  conjured in my petrifying brain. People move, lose computer access, get jobs, get busy, get married, get divorced, move again, get older, get other jobs, have progeny or projects, get really old, ... move on. Yeah, I agree I miss many of the characters whose names provoke my nostalgia perhaps, when I see them on long time threads.  But not surprised- this is a m.o. in the gaming world, isn't it? People, for so many reasons, move on...
::| [Feeling his age]   ???
RR  :o
"RR is a PieSexual" ~ Monala

steuben

• Veteran
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2013, 06:22:44 pm »
wow. we had a tutorial back in 07?
may laanx frighten the shadow from my path.
hardly because the shadow built the lexx.
the shadow will frighten laanx from my path.

Suno_Regin

• Forum Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2013, 08:15:31 pm »
Feeling the age, steuben? Haha.

But wow, it's strange going back and reading things that I've completely forgotten I've written. I did do that with the best intentions, but I still have to say I'm sorry for the way I came off... I was very standoff-ish. That aside, I still feel that the Ojaveda spawn made it very difficult to function as a new player, being isolated from the main community with no guidance (there were no road signs back then) on how to reach them. :P

But hey, I'm still around. I can't tell you how many times I refresh this page--heck, it's practically my browser's home page--just to keep up on things. I just haven't had an urge to jump ingame much in the past year, no consistent character and all.

Illysia

• Forum Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 29, 2013, 10:43:34 pm »
But hey, I'm still around. I can't tell you how many times I refresh this page--heck, it's practically my browser's home page--just to keep up on things. I just haven't had an urge to jump ingame much in the past year, no consistent character and all.

I think that happens to a lot of lurkers. RP characters that are developed are very awkward to play fresh every time but it is hard to have somewhere to fit in when you haven't played in forever. It's also hard to pick up after a long absence when there is no good IC reason for your character to be absent so long. Shame... I'm curious about what goes on in game but I don't have anything left to invest into worming my way back in ICly.

Suno_Regin

• Forum Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 29, 2013, 11:00:24 pm »
I either killed off every single one of my old characters or discontinued the ones that barely had a foundation to work with. So starting new is the only option, and even roleplaying in its entirety feels awkward to jump back into, not just the fresh start. But who knows, maybe I can lay a stronger foundation and get back into it sometime in the future... my recent-ish (a year 1/2 ago?) attempts didn't pull through though.

Illysia

• Forum Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 29, 2013, 11:07:34 pm »
I think what it really depends on is finding RPers that like doing the same flavor of RP that you do. So looking for those people first might improve your chances. In my case, what I want out of RP bores most people to death so I almost always end up relying on people who have previous connections to my characters since those are the people that can already stand to do those kinds of RPs to some extent.

ludwigusdescartium

« Reply #11 on: August 30, 2013, 01:12:36 am »
I commend the sentiments of the OP. Well done for ignoring the usual cabal of idiots and sticking with it. Your attitude might benefit others such as Suno and Illysia, who seem to want to turn this into yet another interminable thread about how difficult it is for them to realise their inherent genius. Give it a break.

bilbous

« Reply #12 on: August 30, 2013, 01:17:09 am »
How many other levels are there you can claim to have been living on during you Dome absences? Unfinished territories would seem perfect for In Character (context) excuses. Maybe you fell in love with a visitor from the third level(?) and followed them home to start a family that caught the plague and died prompting your return. Maybe you got lost in the death realm and wandered around trying to find your way out.

None of that deals with the other problems but it at least gives you a platform to find the type of role play you are looking for.

Zai Awakidey

• Traveller
  • Maow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 30, 2013, 04:53:52 am »

who is never been a noob throw the first stone  ;D
anyway Zai, I'm glad you came back since that unpleasant situation on the forum  :)

LigH - Look, I was looking for help! I was panicking in a big way and was merely a young... 14 I think. To be honest I don't really know... Anyways, everyone is a noob at some point...

And Eonwind - thanks haha :)

But wow, it's strange going back and reading things that I've completely forgotten I've written. I did do that with the best intentions, but I still have to say I'm sorry for the way I came off... I was very standoff-ish.

Suno - Apology accepted ;) I'm now older and... slightly wiser :P
« Last Edit: August 30, 2013, 04:56:09 am by Zai Awakidey »

LigH

• Forum Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 30, 2013, 06:04:30 am »
I don't mind anyone being a noob. If at all, then some acting like a "noob-forever". ;)

Good to know that you developed well in the meantime. And you will further, "with a little help from your friends".

Gag Harmond
Knight and Ambassador
The Royal House of Purrty